Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Death on Route 21

That is horrible. What happened? Was he/she hit, or just dumped the bike?

I took my bike all day yesterday and it was so nice. I saw so many bikers out. But I don't condone the wheelies, endos, flying down little highways, weaving between cars, etc. My friends like to do little stunts, but they are just bad news. My friends have already been hurt doing that stunt stuff.

saw tons of bikers out this past weekend and about half were either driving like morons or doing trick on the highway...people can be so stupid. I'm gonna be buying a bike soon and my mother (an insurance agent) is against it and left me with the following to conisder. You ever wonder why motorcycle insurance is dirt cheap? Cause they usually dont have to pay out very much, in a small accident the fix some scratches on the bike, anything bigger they write the bike off as a loss and your life insurance company takes over...

I took my bike all day yesterday and it was so nice. I saw so many bikers out. But I don't condone the wheelies, endos, flying down little highways, weaving between cars, etc. My friends like to do little stunts, but they are just bad news. My friends have already been hurt doing that stunt stuff.

I'm not exactly sure. But, on Route 21, there are flowers, candles, and spray painted on the rail it reads, Steve 23 years old. Route 21 was closed for hours.

hey I feel the same, I think people that are into the bikes is a cool thing, but when you see traffic on the parkway or whatever highway and then some of these people drive right between the cars, what if someone had to open there car door or some car started to change lanes and you don't see the person on the bike. one time driving down route 1, I a group of guys doing the weelies etc.

saw tons of bikers out this past weekend and about half were either driving like morons or doing trick on the highway...people can be so stupid. I'm gonna be buying a bike soon and my mother (an insurance agent) is against it and left me with the following to conisder. You ever wonder why motorcycle insurance is dirt cheap? Cause they usually dont have to pay out very much, in a small accident the fix some scratches on the bike, anything bigger they write the bike off as a loss and your life insurance company takes over...

Well there are other factors. You don't ride a bike all year, so there's less chances of an accident. It's not as expensive as a car to fix. It's usually used for joy, not daily use, etc. Bikes get insured by the cc, age and gender. What are you looking to buy? As for the morons, I don't condone it and don't do it.

Well there are other factors. You don't ride a bike all year, so there's less chances of an accident. It's not as expensive as a car to fix. It's usually used for joy, not daily use, etc. Bikes get insured by the cc, age and gender. What are you looking to buy? As for the morons, I don't condone it and don't do it.

i know there are other factors, but i just think its funny that insurance for bikes and boats (i own a jet ski) is so dam cheap when our auto insurance in NJ is sky high.

Not definately sure what I want yet. Looking at the Ninja's, Honda CBR, R1/R5s. I just want a good looking bike, i have no intentions of trying to race people up and down the parkway and shit.

i know there are other factors, but i just think its funny that insurance for bikes and boats (i own a jet ski) is so dam cheap when our auto insurance in NJ is sky high.

Not definately sure what I want yet. Looking at the Ninja's, Honda CBR, R1/R5s. I just want a good looking bike, i have no intentions of trying to race people up and down the parkway and shit.

I have a Ninja and love it. Good luck with your endeavors. :)

damn i really wanna get a bike but all these stories always make me wonder. so sad for the kid. it's fucked up too that you can be the perfect, most resposible driver, but there's so many assholes driving that you just never know who is gonna plow into you.

Where exactly on 21?

I had a CBR 600 about 5yrs ago. Use to ride Dirt Bikes for yrs. 21 is just a dangerous highway period always was..I live right across the river from it and it sounds like a swarm of bees going by when the boyz are out there ringin it out. The only advice to give to people wanting to get a bike is just be smart.Of course u want to roll on the throttle and feel what the bikes got, Do it on a str8 away! .. go down to English town.. Its gonna be that asshole that blows the stop sign or the piece of debris in the middle of the road thats gonna get ya... its gonna come up so fast your not gonna react in time. just be aware of the Jack offs around ya. This area is really congested with traffic. Take a nice ride up 17 to Seven Lakes Drive ....and dont get to Happy-Assed out there.

My prayers go out to this kids family and love ones.

BAGZ

Since I became a motorcyclist, I've been a better, more alert driver. I took the training course offered by Fairleigh Dickinson, in Teaneck. It's a good program to take to get your license and get some practice. They teach you important stuff. THE MAIN THING IS NOT TO SCREW AROUND ON THE BIKE!!!! The best thing is Englishtown for a clean, smooth surface, straight way run - not Jersey streets.

Since I became a motorcyclist, I've been a better, more alert driver. I took the training course offered by Fairleigh Dickinson, in Teaneck. It's a good program to take to get your license and get some practice. They teach you important stuff. THE MAIN THING IS NOT TO SCREW AROUND ON THE BIKE!!!! The best thing is Englishtown for a clean, smooth surface, straight way run - not Jersey streets.

that good to hear. I'm taking that course in a few weeks :bounce:

That's good. The course is 3 days long. If I can remember correctly, it's 8am to like 4pm, right? Your outside half the day and the rest of the day inside. If it rains, you will ride in the rain! You have a written and road test done by them. I still have the answers...LOL!..:biggrin: Once you pass both you can go to DMV and get your license done. Good luck to you.

yup thats the same one. my boy took it last spring and failed the road tets part of it by one point LOL Hopefully I have better luck, but since i never have luck i'm sure it will pour rain the days that i'm gonan be outside lol

what do u have to wear as far as clothing goes, the letter they sent sounds like they want me to show up all leathered out like i got outta a biker gang or something lol

yup thats the same one. my boy took it last spring and failed the road tets part of it by one point LOL Hopefully I have better luck, but since i never have luck i'm sure it will pour rain the days that i'm gonan be outside lol

what do u have to wear as far as clothing goes, the letter they sent sounds like they want me to show up all leathered out like i got outta a biker gang or something lol

LOL. Don't be silly. You should bring a helmet (that has a face shield) and leather gloves - not snow gloves. LOL! They will give you a helmet if you don't have one. I think there's a fee for renting one. I can't recall if they are full-faced or not, but if not make sure you've got sunglasses in your car to wear. You have to wear durable, long-legged pants (jeans, leather,etc.) and boots that cover your ankle. NO SNEAKERS! It's best if you dress in layers, but make sure your shirts are long sleeved. Kind of like a club with the dress code - LOL!

The bikes they give you stink. They have 125cc and a few 250cc. Chances are you will be riding a 125. They are so easy to manuvere and don't let the figure 8 scare you.

I thought the tests were easy. But I was riding with my friends on my permit before I took the classes. When did your boy take the class?

LOL. Don't be silly. You should bring a helmet (that has a face shield) and leather gloves - not snow gloves. LOL! They will give you a helmet if you don't have one. I think there's a fee for renting one. I can't recall if they are full-faced or not, but if not make sure you've got sunglasses in your car to wear. You have to wear durable, long-legged pants (jeans, leather,etc.) and boots that cover your ankle. NO SNEAKERS! It's best if you dress in layers, but make sure your shirts are long sleeved. Kind of like a club with the dress code - LOL!

The bikes they give you stink. They have 125cc and a few 250cc. Chances are you will be riding a 125. They are so easy to manuvere and don't let the figure 8 scare you.

I thought the tests were easy. But I was riding with my friends on my permit before I took the classes. When did your boy take the class?

Cool thanks for the info. So if i show up with like jeans, tims, a long sleeve shirt and like a pair of leather work glvoes from home depot or something i will be ok, or should i go get a pair or roding gloves or something?

He took it at FDU last year around this time. I think he didnt stay in the box for the figure 8 or something, i forget its been so long.

In all honesty I think you should just buy gloves - your going to need them anyway. The jeans, tims, and long sleeve shirt will do fine. Make sure your tims can be tied - I know you might want to make a fashion statement, but don't do it in the class. LOL! The girls looked a little boyish and we sucked it up just fine. LOL! Let me know if you need anymore info. I can break out the booklets if I can't answer the questions. :type:

Coincidences happen to me frequently, and I thought maybe your boy possibly could have been in my class, but guess not. LOL!

NO ONE LIKES A CHEATER!

I'll be helpful, but being a dishonest person, I can not do. LOL!

Besides you won't need to cheat. It's not that hard. Unless your that stupid. Just kidding. I bought my Ninja before I took the class. Do you have your permit and someone to ride with? If so, you can get one too!

You know Bernie, you posted on my page about Eurolounge and you basically called me a hermit and a liar. That wasn't cool. But you'll have to find that post for yourself and if polite enough, apologize for that. I'm not a bad person, I just say what's on my mind.