Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yankess payroll..wow

The red sox ,when they won last year had the highest pay roll of any WS champ !!!!!

How many home grown players were also from that team ?

I'm just curious, considering that many sox fans always talk about the Yanks payroll and them buying players !!!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but did the sox not buy Manny,Ortiz,Damon,Pedro and so on. I think Trot is like the only true REDSOX.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but did the sox not buy Manny,Ortiz,Damon,Pedro and so on. I think Trot is like the only true REDSOX.

not a Yankee fan but if I'm not mistaken Minnesota let Ortiz go and the Sox picked him up for about $1.25 million or so...if anything you have to look at that as a great move from the Sox's front office

not a Yankee fan but if I'm not mistaken Minnesota let Ortiz go and the Sox picked him up for about $1.25 million or so...if anything you have to look at that as a great move from the Sox's front office

Of course that's a great move, thats not my point !

My point is when the Yanks spend $$$$ it's wrong, but it's ok when the sox do any of that

ok, he might not be a "home grown" player but they also didn't go out and spend a shit load of money on him so I just don't think he should fall into a category of "buying" players

I know what your saying also though....listen, the point is that both the Red Sox and the Mets spend a shit load of money on there players, right at the top but the Yankees are THE HIGHEST PAYROLL IN BASEBALL AT OVER $200 MILLION so no matter what you are always gonna hear shit about it.

I for one try not to bring money into the issuer just because the Mets are at the top when it comes to salary and honestly I think they probably will continue to spend because they can...unfortunately, in the past we haven't spent it well

on that note...

Yankees....7-11!!!!! :laugh:

really lets not compare. red sox payroll is big yankees payroll is huge. We are within 20 mil of 4 teams, you are 80 mil away from 1 team and 100 away from 4 teams.

anyway we are both not playing well right now fo the money these guys are making.