Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which venue is the best in L.A?

yunun81

I can do "pleasant". As long as Im not the only one there. I actually booked a room for friday night. Have to be in L.A so might as well enjoy myself during the night. Some friends will be meeting me there so Im glad its going to atleast be pleasant. thanks lalate.

downtown standard? Yeah always pleasant. But when I say pleasant I mean chill.... which to some means relaxing and to others means boring.

downtown standard? Yeah always pleasant. But when I say pleasant I mean chill.... which to some means relaxing and to others means boring.

Good enough for me. Already booked a room and will be having some drinks after dinner. Should be a fun chill night.

thanks for the review lalate.

If its downtown standard, and its saturday, head over to my fav Vertigos.

No just saturday, too bad. But will be there friday and saturday for memorial day weekend and drive over to vegas just sunday night. Maybe I'll post a thread then and you can tell me what's popping off that weekend.

Never heard of vertigos, might have to check that one out.

Isn't v20 in O.C?

No just saturday, too bad. But will be there friday and saturday for memorial day weekend and drive over to vegas just sunday night. Maybe I'll post a thread then and you can tell me what's popping off that weekend.

Never heard of vertigos, might have to check that one out.

Isn't v20 in O.C?

Im confused.

Vert. is good on Thurs and Sat. LA memorial weekend will be good.

Sund memorial weekend vegas will be great. And thats where I will be :rock:

v20 is long beach.

I just want to say that The Standard was lots of fun friday night. The crowd seems a little different then how it used to be but there was still a good vibe. Lots of people upstairs and downstairs. I would still recomend the standard on friday nights.

Disagree with L.ALate on Friday at Forbidden City, it really has an awful crowd, i can tell ya, as I am walking by that club from my house, each and every Friday on my way to Spider/Ivar/Nacional.

Good places, as above mentioned, Vine Street Lounge is great, Spider is hot on wednesday, not sure when L.A.Late suposedly went, as I would have seen him there(Not a big club and I am at the door there a lot to make sure my guests will get in fast)

Friday, Prey is hot and the club looks really nice

Saturday, yeah, agree, Cinespace is packed, but come early, have some drinks and enjoy the night, nothing wrong with that.

Couple of new clubs coming up in may/june/summer...

Basque, is the old Deep, but they done a good job remodeling

Cafe Montematre is my favorite now spot in town, it is located right off Hollywood/Highland ON Hollywood blvd, what makes this place so special to me is that I love Hollywood, especially old Hollywood and Cafe Montematre is located in a 1920's building that originally was home to Hollywood's first nightclub.

They did a good job with the space, while the front is very modern, the back is all old brick walls. After Memorial Day, I will do a Thursday Night there, so e-mail me for hook ups!

Element is basically the old Club Blue, but they redone the patio and put some money into some new couches and furniture, looks nice, if you like to check it out, May 7 I will co host a party there, again, just e-mail me

Escape is the "right side" part of the old Sunset Room(the other side will become a Steakhouse), unique about Escape is that they will have a pool there, palm trees and I might will host a Summer Sunday House Music Afternoon Party, of course I will keep you all posted....

Muse , another new club, right on Hollywood Blvd, the inside is beautiful and any spot that replaces a T-Shirt Shop on Hollywood is a welcome sign in my book

Ivar will change into two clubs, details are scetchy right now, but it should be interesting to see what will happen with it

Shelter will close soon to become SMACK(I dont name these places, lol), expect a million $ make over, should be interesting

So, a lot is happening in LA LA Land right now, I am excited and hopefully some of you too, you can always e-mail me to alexinla03@yahoo.com with questions or if you need some sort of hook up :love:

alex, who still miss hanging out with shortystar and actually never met wyes :yuck:

alex, i miss you so much :heart: ! and it's true, i never met you in person :( . perhaps it is time for another ill-attended meetup. i make every one we have, and shorty and sinrider (though he doesn't post much anymore) have good attendance records.

i intend to go to seb fontaine and sandra collins this saturday; will you be there? i should go to your site and see if you have a list... i've met most of the cpla people i actually have met when one person happens to go to an event that i have. that's how i met shorty! it'd be great if you were there [<------not so subtle hint] ;) ...

Disagree with L.ALate on Friday at Forbidden City, it really has an awful crowd, i can tell ya, as I am walking by that club from my house, each and every Friday on my way to Spider/Ivar/Nacional.

a. You dont judge a venue merely by what you see on the curb.

On average, the vast majority what is on the curb after a certain hour in LA is exactly that ... people that are on the curb that ARENT getting in lol. It's called the curb crowd.

In Vegas, you'll see dorks n board shorts and tank tops walk up to to a venue. They'll be flanked by chicks in torn t-shirts and ripped apart jeans. Neither of them are probably going to get in. But you dont say the venue is awful based upon these peeps that arent getting in that are standing outside

b. The way you review a venue/promoted night is you ATTEND IT lol.

You dont stay on the curb and guess whats going on inside lol.

For Forbidden City .... Friday that is the best night at the venue ... they just celebrated last week their 1 year anniversary. Ive attended it countless times, including last week. Let me tell you ... last Friday was one of the most packed venues I have seen in a long time. It was wonderful.

c. The way you review a venue/promoted night that has existed for nearly a year is you REVISIT IT lol

If you attend it in 2004 you dont say that what was good in 2004 might also be good in 2005.

Ive attend this night in 2004 many times, and many times in 2005.

d. Dont say a venue is awful unless you explain what you mean.

We have these dicussions so many times on the boards. Its important, that if you dont enjoy your experience, to explain why ...was the music, the vibe, the crowd, the parking, the pricing, the drinks, the service. And just because what one person might not value important someone else might consider very significant.

In summary: in this industry, you dont call a venue/promoted night awful by standing next to the parking meter outside and guessing whats going on inside.

I agree with wit LALate 100%. Fridays @ Forbidden City is hot, and is even listed on his own site (AlexInLa) as one of the hottest Friday Nights in Hollywood and that page was just updated. Find that kinda weird? Can it be maybe because he used to do Saturdays and it now is horrible? I suggest an experience on the inside, not an assumption on the outside. :type:

Aehm, first off, I post a lot of nightclubs on my website that you might like more than myself, if you go to the main clubpage, I even state so.

My Website is about Los Angeles living, none of us is the same person, so of course I list places that are busy, as I said before, you might like them more than I do.

When the doorguy at Forbidden City tells me that the crowd is bad, I kind of believe him, you like it, cool! Please let me have my own opinion.

To L.A.Late, I never endorse a club, because I have a list there, I do so, as I know the promoters/owners and know that there interest is to have there guests have an incredible time.

As I get more involved into events, of course I endorse them (duh!), I hook up people and get nothing but great e-mails back, so I might do something right....

You have not been to Spider Wednesday at least for 8 months, so it is beyound me how you can judge that club. Nobody I talked to(Promoters/Owners)knows you or your website, so I dont know why you try to give me a hard time when I defend a place I truely belive in.

In any case, Wyes I love ya and your comments on this board .I am sure we will meet eventually, good people always prevail! :bounce:

I dont know why you try to give me a hard time when I defend a place I truely belive in.

You gotta love someone that comes into the third page of a constructive dicussion about venues all over the southland in general and he suddenly says the thread is about him? :rofl:

Oh and how about this for consistent statements:

"I can tell ya, as I am walking by that club from my house, each and every Friday ."

versus

"When the doorguy .... tells me that the crowd is bad [one time], I kind of believe him"

:rofl:

let's keep it civil :hey: . i know you two have had differences in the past, and it's obvious that you still do. let's just leave it that you have different takes/opinions on different clubs/nights. these things are subjective, and that's a good thing; it leaves everyone out there with a place to go where s/he will have fun :D .