Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tiesto vs. mickey mouse round 3

yeahyeah... anyone who has shit to say about this set just isnt into trance at all... i challenge those tiesto haters to listen to this set and point out the cheese... sorry but the last 30 minutes is just pure trance bliss... i wish i he spun like that in nyc, but all we get is the techy hard stuff... i want the epic builduppy type shit... so gabe, deep, dkny and all you other tiesto haters just check this shit out... let us know what you think then..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/essentialmix/ click tiesto's set "listen to"

i will answer your challenge mr. d. But will have to wait until sat or sun at work whre i have fast connection. And out of curiousity when was this set done. Cause mind you while i dont like trance, there was some good trance from 98-2001 even i can say and admit that.

i will answer your challenge mr. d. But will have to wait until sat or sun at work whre i have fast connection. And out of curiousity when was this set done. Cause mind you while i dont like trance, there was some good trance from 98-2001 even i can say and admit that.

it has to be saturday morning though because a new essential mix goes up around 5-6ish on sat night i think.... it was last weeks essential mix so it has to have been within the past week and a half - 2 weeks...

TIesto sucks...can you get anymore commercial with this mickey mouse crap....and what good is a set if its only the last 30 mins thats good

hey jackass... the first hour and a half has some techy stuff, harder trance and some progressive.. while the last half hour has a lot of more epic, type climactic trance..

I've never got around to listening to Tiesto before, but as I try to listen to Essential Mix and Tongy each week to keep up to date with back home, I thought I'd give him a whirl.

After looking at the reviews on the BBC site it is clear that he is definitely a love him or hate him kind of dj, and I think I have to fall into the latter category after listening to this. Headache inducing is how I would describe it, and as for the violin player - please don't give up the day job - woeful!

Anyway, each to their own, glad you enjoyed it, just not for me..........

dude dont be calling me out like that bro.......i could give 3 flying fucks about this set :rolleyes:

just cuz i posted the fucking whack ass flyer means that im a hater all of a sudden?? dont be involving me in these stupid ass threads...

was listening to some of the magik series this past weekend over a nice phatty so dont even try and play yourself......i've given up on hating on tiesto....he can play whatever he fucking wants, i just choose not to support his CD's or his Gigs......i dont like the way he spins anymore PERIOD...

i seen the tracklist for the set b4 you even found the link homie so i've given it a review a long time ago.....still gets 1 star in my humble opinion..but what the fuck do i know right? :rolleyes:

TIesto sucks...can you get anymore commercial with this mickey mouse crap....and what good is a set if its only the last 30 mins thats good

he's better than PVD b/c Tiesto has shown the ability to RETIRE a track and not play it every set he plays in....

his sets from Crobar, Space for WMC and from Disneyland Paris were FAR from cheese, programmed VERY well from start to finish, and FILLED with many new tracks or new remixes of old tracks rather than the SAME OLD SHIT....

and for anyone to knock tiesto for playing disneyland is just immature. If as a DJ they offered you a shitload of $$ and no other DJ has ever done it before, why not do it? If they offered it to PVD, he would've had disneyland rockin to "this is the timmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeee of our livessssssss" lol

Tiesto isnt my favorite DJ b/c some magazine says he's #1, he's my favorite and I think he's the best based upon what i've seen and heard from him and comparing that to what i've seen and heard from other dj's.

Mike

he's better than PVD b/c Tiesto has shown the ability to RETIRE a track and not play it every set he plays in....

his sets from Crobar, Space for WMC and from Disneyland Paris were FAR from cheese, programmed VERY well from start to finish, and FILLED with many new tracks or new remixes of old tracks rather than the SAME OLD SHIT....

and for anyone to knock tiesto for playing disneyland is just immature. If as a DJ they offered you a shitload of $$ and no other DJ has ever done it before, why not do it? If they offered it to PVD, he would've had disneyland rockin to "this is the timmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeee of our livessssssss" lol

Tiesto isnt my favorite DJ b/c some magazine says he's #1, he's my favorite and I think he's the best based upon what i've seen and heard from him and comparing that to what i've seen and heard from other dj's.

Mike

your wrong, there are countless interviews with PVD with the words coming out of his mouth saying he would never play such an event cause its to commercial to him. This is a quote from the interview of pvd taking shots at the likes of armin and tiesto...... "If you look around, like some of my colleagues, they do things that, you know, I would hope music would never have to go through. I mean this music is not done for some cheesy concert shit, with some magician playing stuff, or some weird Mickey Mouse bullshit; this music is done for like clubs, it's done for events where people go out and want to listen to their music; and this is what music actually should be like." - Paul van Dyk

Tiesto is weak....at ultra he brought the whole vibe in that place to an all time low for that day..PVD came on and brought the life back in there..pretty sad where the are full sections of the lawn at ultra that were booing tiesto...Hell you might as well throw this guy on 103.5 he would fit right in with all that cheese..Tiesto sucks lol

are you crazy? I just took a look at his setlist and rolled my eyes again, it's the same shit every time. If it's not the same tracks he's spun before it's just a remix of it all.. I used to like Tiesto and respect his producing, but I probably won't go seem him anytime soon, if at all.

dude dont be calling me out like that bro.......i could give 3 flying fucks about this set :rolleyes:

just cuz i posted the fucking whack ass flyer means that im a hater all of a sudden?? dont be involving me in these stupid ass threads...

was listening to some of the magik series this past weekend over a nice phatty so dont even try and play yourself......i've given up on hating on tiesto....he can play whatever he fucking wants, i just choose not to support his CD's or his Gigs......i dont like the way he spins anymore PERIOD...

i seen the tracklist for the set b4 you even found the link homie so i've given it a review a long time ago.....still gets 1 star in my humble opinion..but what the fuck do i know right? :rolleyes:

take it easy dude i wasnt calling you out to a bareknuckled boxing match or anything... you and me both know your intentions of putting up that flyer so dont even try to make it sound like you werent calling it cheesey... you werent putting it up there for positive reasons so we'll just leave it at that..

actually i found the link on saturday evening probably right after the mix was just put up.. so since the set is prtty recent you couldnt have had the track list for that long but that's kind of a moot point.. yeah tiesto's sound has evolved and i dont necessarily think it's changing for the better, but i wouldnt say he's cheesy.. and you should know since you post here a lot that when someone calls out a dj someone else likes & supports that this type of stuff will happen... so i dont see what the big deal is?? ahhh anyway.. im out

i will admit going to disney is cheesey but tiesto pulled it off

i think people should listen to the set first its pretty good

alot of people doubted tiesto could do his own concert and he did it

alot of people doubted he could rock the olympics but he did

and alot of people talked trash about tiesto for this disney thing but he rocked it

alot of people hate on trance and tiesto in nyc but when he comes to town his shows are always sold out and the vibe is threw the roof

i dont get it :what:

WOW so i heard the set sat morning and i must say it has changed my life. Now i def DONT EVER wanna hear trance music again. Sorry. I tried listening to this thing but it sounded all the same to me and i kept thinkin hey this is garbage for me, but beautiful to many many others. Just like my tastes arent for everyone as well. And that makes a beautiful world. I rather be surrouded by 40 people who can dance to house music then be in a stadium filled with 400000000 people hearing/staring at him.

Um and one more thing BRITNNEY SPEARS may pack arenas all over the world just like tiesto but is she a better singer than a CHAKA KAHN or a NATALIE COLE or ARETHA FRANKLIN.

WOW so i heard the set sat morning and i must say it has changed my life. Now i def DONT EVER wanna hear trance music again. Sorry. I tried listening to this thing but it sounded all the same to me and i kept thinkin hey this is garbage for me, but beautiful to many many others. Just like my tastes arent for everyone as well. And that makes a beautiful world. I rather be surrouded by 40 people who can dance to house music then be in a stadium filled with 400000000 people hearing/staring at him.

Um and one more thing BRITNNEY SPEARS may pack arenas all over the world just like tiesto but is she a better singer than a CHAKA KAHN or a NATALIE COLE or ARETHA FRANKLIN.

well, i cant argue that, you aren't a trance fan and that's fine.. not everyone is gonna be a fan of trance but that's ok.. but my point was to pick out the cheese in the set.. everyone calls tiesto cheesey but where's the cheese?? get my picture... while the violin might have been a little lame it was different, so i'll give it that but there was def no cheese to the set... i think people only call tiesto cheese because he is so popular... he's kinda like the blink 182/green day of edm... yeah everyone said they sold out but they were still making good music...