Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mayday.....

I was readin about this in the paper today, apparently Mayday is like the Spring equivalent of Halloween; it was originally a pagan holiday and was kept for the sake of tradition, where maidens dress up purdy and dance around the May pole, hehehe

they got rid of the human sacrifice part though

I was readin about this in the paper today, apparently Mayday is like the Spring equivalent of Halloween; it was originally a pagan holiday and was kept for the sake of tradition, where maidens dress up purdy and dance around the May pole, hehehe

they got rid of the human sacrifice part though

interesting.

i went to the much lesser known mayday in tompkins square park on sunday. it was the biggest bunch of crackheads. i mean u think jp nights at spirit were bad or something to that extent, u would not believe the completely wrecked people i saw in a public park on a sunday afternoon at 5:30. in a matter of 5 minutes i saw a girl fall into a fence and another puke all over the place, not to mention the innumerous dilated pupils or spaced out looks. and the saddest part was some of these people had little kids with them. the music was awful and it was like watching a car accident - i couldnt look away and i was glued to my bench. i remember a few years back being at this same annual mayday party and seeing happy people dancing and meeting old friends and just enjoying the day. no wonder the party / club scene has gone downhill. PEOPLE in general are just killing themselves. dont get me wrong - i like getting fcuked up as much as the next person, but i mean really... idk - nyc's mayday certainly is nothing like germany's. (i havent been to loveparade or mayday - closest thing to something like that was a godskitchen party in wales.) anyway even though it was a beautiful day and i was certainly entertained, the whole thing just freaked me out and made me incredibly sad.

agreed, mayday sucked, and im personally tired of seeing all these hippies protest bush in a fuckin blue state in new york fuckin city of all places...who are they trying to make a point to...everyone there is anti bush, fuckers go to bubba fuck kentucky n protest there, blah.

n the pollen was killin me due to allergies.

yea i dunno..i went to a mayday event a yr ago....ive neva seen so many cracked out ppl in my life....prob 100 out a 120 were stoned, drunk, coked out, or e-d out a their heads...it was nutssss

agreed, mayday sucked, and im personally tired of seeing all these hippies protest bush in a fuckin blue state in new york fuckin city of all places...who are they trying to make a point to...everyone there is anti bush, fuckers go to bubba fuck kentucky n protest there, blah.

n the pollen was killin me due to allergies.

i know, what is with the constant rallying. practically everyone in manhattan hates bush and voted for kerry. (i chose not to vote for either of those assholes.)

and my eyes were itching so much when i got home, i had to take 3 tylenol colds because i didnt have allergy medicine.

in a matter of 5 minutes i saw a girl fall into a fence and another puke all over the place,

Dam I wish I seen the girl fall into the fence

the music was awful and it was like watching a car accident - i couldnt look away and i was glued to my bench. i remember a few years back being at this same annual mayday party and seeing happy people dancing and meeting old friends and just enjoying the day. no wonder the party / club scene has gone downhill.

Remember in years past, Afrika Bambatta, frankie Bones, Heather Heart, Adam X, Empress, DH Chrome, Lenny Dee just to name a few Dj's that rocked the place. Only ran into a few peeps I know not like years past where it would be a reunion.

PEOPLE in general are just killing themselves. dont get me wrong - i like getting fcuked up as much as the next person, but i mean really... idk - nyc's mayday certainly is nothing like germany's. (i havent been to loveparade or mayday - closest thing to something like that was a godskitchen party in wales.)

Yes :bounce: I am going to Dance Valley this year, my FIRST festivial. Combine that with Amersterdam and I :rock:

anyway even though it was a beautiful day and i was certainly entertained, the whole thing just freaked me out and made me incredibly sad.

Yes I had a good time chillen with friends and peoplw watching, it was VERY interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
well I assume it's the yearly 1st of May Party in Germany. One of the biggest events of the year, also like Nature One, Love Parade .... That's the only "Mayday" I know of.

A bit late.

That's right.... It was Mayday in Dortmund, Germany.

12 hours in a car and I am there.....

But I have only been there twice, in 2001 - 10IN01 (10 years) and 2002 - Culture Flash.

A bit late.

That's right.... It was Mayday in Dortmund, Germany.

12 hours in a car and I am there.....

But I have only been there twice, in 2001 - 10IN01 (10 years) and 2002 - Culture Flash.

I was back home in Germany in 2003, though I skipped the ,I assume last , Love parade<videotaped it though>, I went to Nature One instead. And quiet frankly I'm glad I did. The biggest event ever I attended. 50.000 in one night alone. That was overwhelming. I'm still feeding of the memory. Definately a lifetime experience for me.

Yeah I must agree, when it comes down to massiv events, the Europeans have it down. America is soooooo far behind, too far , they'll never catch up.

:bowdown:

The biggest event ever I attended. 50.000 in one night alone. That was overwhelming. I'm still feeding of the memory. Definately a lifetime experience for me.

Yeah I must agree, when it comes down to massiv events, the Europeans have it down. America is soooooo far behind, too far , they'll never catch up.

:bowdown:

I agree Europe is light years ahead of America in Massiv. I think NYC is behind ALOT of other cities with the production of Massiv, but that is a whole other subject. I am RETARDED EXCITED, this year I will be attending my First Europe Massiv, Dance Valley :bounce: