Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar offcial explanation from the man himself

I know the haterz don't care...but there are a few fans.

Crobar Saturday What Really Happened

05-03-2005, 04:32 PM #1

Boris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to come on and apologize to everyone and clarify what really happened on Saturday at Crobar and kill all the Rumors of reasons why we where Shut down so abruptly. Basically it was Due to Noise coming out of the back door on to the Street. With the new laws that came in effect about 2 months ago that prohibits noise coming out of a club at about 4 feet.

With that in mind and the back doors not being Sound proof the Chief of the Fire Dept, as well as the environmental inspector, with the help of the NYPD made the call to shut us down. Hopefully this will not happen again as we are in the process of Sound proofing the club. So all the Rumors of us getting shut down for Smoking, Overdoses, Fights and other stories where greatly exaggerated. Once again I apologize on behalf of myself and Crobar and I will make it up to everyone on the Anniversary party @ Crobar May 14 by doing an Extra Extended Set

Thanks again and see you on the Dance Floor!

Boris

thanks for clarifying that......cuz right b4 boris shut the music i saw 2 cops standing right next to boris in the booth, after i saw that i knew they were gonna put the lights on and throw everyone out.

i heard that they shut it down cuz all the smoking and i also heard they shut the party down cuz of a few G overdoses, again thanks for clarifying

Guest onisakura

What id like to know is why were't the murk boys there like had been previously planned?

What id like to know is why were't the murk boys there like had been previously planned?

I heard that they were there letting boris open up for them since they never heard him b4. Anyhow they fell asleep and were woken up by the cops, hehe.

j/k. I hope.

not into boris' music

but we need more of these djs that constantly pull on their skin and realize that they are humans afterall..so thank you boris for putting yourself amongst the PEOPLE! kudos

Boris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to come on and apologize to everyone and clarify what really happened on Saturday at Crobar and kill all the Rumors of reasons why we where Shut down so abruptly. Basically it was Due to Noise coming out of the back door on to the Street. With the new laws that came in effect about 2 months ago that prohibits noise coming out of a club at about 4 feet.

With that in mind and the back doors not being Sound proof the Chief of the Fire Dept, as well as the environmental inspector, with the help of the NYPD made the call to shut us down. Hopefully this will not happen again as we are in the process of Sound proofing the club. So all the Rumors of us getting shut down for Smoking, Overdoses, Fights and other stories where greatly exaggerated. Once again I apologize on behalf of myself and Crobar and I will make it up to everyone on the Anniversary party @ Crobar May 14 by doing an Extra Extended Set

Boris

Boris

Once again I apologize on behalf of myself and Crobar and I will make it up to everyone on the Anniversary party @ Crobar May 14 by doing an Extra Extended Set

Boris

Wait, I thought you were going to reward the people not punish them!

[/typicalborishater]

Boris

Boris

LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING YOU MM WEEKEND FRI

LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING YOU MM WEEKEND FRI

i will be running bus trips from nyc for anyone not going away to vegas / hamptons / nj shore

and just want to go down for that party..

more info to come...

(insert stupid hating comments below - lol)

With the new laws that came in effect about 2 months ago that prohibits noise coming out of a club at about 4 feet.
4 feet? redic. r there residential spots in the meat packing district? if yes, they shouldnt be surprised of the noise...

Isnt Crobar having a Cinco De Mayo party tomorrow? WOnder if this will be any good now?? I was thinking of going here tomorrow..

BORIS IS SPINNING @ POSH IN LONG ISLAND

CROBAR IS HAVING A THURSDAY NEW HIP HOP PARTY...CALLED "SHOW"

Tomorrow's party is hip hop? Is it supposed to be any good?

i AM PRETTY SUR EIT IS...DONT QUOTE ME..i WILL TRY TO FIND FLYER INFO ..

I SAW IT ON NCC..

hursday, May 5, 2005

Main Room: THE SHOW

Reed Room: Eli Escobar

Prop Room: DJ Riz & Sizzahandz

Crobar and SMAC entertainment present a new Thursday night.