Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad move by ICE for Memorial Weekend

danswat79

Was looking forward to a full set but Deep Dish - cover was only $40

Now they have Deep Dish on From 11 - 1:30 - someone filling in the spot in the middle - and Tiesto spinning from 2:30 to close

Price is now $75 - WTF!!! This isn't SPACE

Bad move ICE

With a cover charge this high - I hate to see what they will be charging at the door - for New Years Day Tiesto was $40 presales and they were charging $100 at the door - luckily I have a hook up there and we got in for half that but still

I wish I would have jumped on the $40 presales when they were available - I wonder if they are still going to honor those that were sold - some of my frineds from Chicago already bought them

Getting a table looks like the only way this event would be worth it now but I really don't want to hear Tiesto for 3+ hours - A full night of Deep Dish was looking really good to end the weekend - why couldn't they leave that alone

Actually, very few clubs give a ratt's ass if locals show up Memorial Day Weekend.

Your right - for every local whose business they lose that night there will be at least 20 tourists ready to get in. But when those people get to the front of the line and are told $100 and up for cover - I'll bet alot of people will chose to go elsewhere (at least I hope so)

I agree. I think most clubs will be charging $30 or so Memorial weekend. $75+ is insane in my opinion.

I agree. I laugh at Ice mgmt. for thinking their club is worth that kind of a cover. It's one of the top two or three venues on the west coast, but unfortunately, that isn't saying much. If Ice is worth $75, then what are clubs like Space, Crobar Miami and Avalon Hollywood worth? I mean come on.

I agree. I laugh at Ice mgmt. for thinking their club is worth that kind of a cover. It's one of the top two or three venues on the west coast, but unfortunately, that isn't saying much. If Ice is worth $75, then what are clubs like Space, Crobar Miami and Avalon Hollywood worth? I mean come on.

EXACTLY!!!

I can see them justifying the raise in price because now they have 2 HUGE DJ's that are probably demanding thousands each. The only problem w/ that is you still only get the same amount of time at the club - not like SPACE where you would be more than willing to pay $75 to even $100 because you have a set in the main room and then someone else on the Terrace for afterhours all morning long.

I'll bet 99% of the people out there would rather pay $40 to hear either Deep Dish or Tiesto for the whole night than pay almost double to hear both. ICE has been on a rolll lately w/ who they have been bringing in on Saturday nights but I highly doubt anyone will appreciate what they are trying to do that Sunday.

shoulda just left deep dish, people would've gone regardless on memorial day. booking tiesto probably resultde in them having to increase the price to cover tiestos price.

tiesto sux. epic trance sux.