Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SOx/Mets fans

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the funniest thing in all this - Look how well the D'Backs are playing now that Johnson is gone :laugh:

Is Randy gonna be put in the "CANCER" category as A-Rod now?

I guess the Dbacks getting Glaus, Vasquez, Green, & Ortiz had nothing to do with it...

Then just who are you referring to then?

I don't see anyone really missing.. ?

I'm not gonna go listing everybody, but there are a lot of stragglers that made random posts last scene and the one before bashing on the red sox when their team was good....but notice how they aint nowhere to be found now

I guess the Dbacks getting Glaus, Vasquez, Green, & Ortiz had nothing to do with it...

ortiz?? i though he sucked. Glaus is a monster, green is all done. The key is vasquez he is a young stud pitcher.

I'm not gonna go listing everybody, but there are a lot of stragglers that made random posts last scene and the one before bashing on the red sox when their team was good....but notice how they aint nowhere to be found now

Fuck um!!! we don't need them. Like I said, I hope they all go away. They give true fans a bad name.

But unless I am blind. All the fans that were in here last season are in here this season. And this board is one of the only things I venture onto CP for anymore.

Fuck um!!! we don't need them. Like I said, I hope they all go away. They give true fans a bad name.

But unless I am blind. All the fans that were in here last season are in here this season. And this board is one of the only things I venture onto CP for anymore.

true....in fact, the sports board is THE ONLY board I go onto anymore and the only reason I would ever post on CP

I cant remember any of the screennames, but I would always quote them and say something to the effect of "notice my aforementioned description of a mindless Yankees fan pumping his fist chanting '1918' "

Cashman is gonna take the fall, but all these moves are Georges... Cashman wanted Vlad, George wanted Scheff, guess who won? Cashman wanted Beltran, George wanted RJ, guess who won? Cashman didn't let Leiber go. He was planning to sign him at a cheaper price because he didn't think Leiber was worth $8 mill a year. Then the "mediocre" pitching market exploded (Milton, Wright, Leiber, Clement, Benson etc) and the price went through the roof... I disagree about the Yankees being finished if they don't make the playoffs. They still got a good nucleus on offense. (Jeter, A-Rod, Matsui, Scheff) They also got 3 good starters (RJ, Moose, & Pavano) and Rivera. The rest of holes are fixable. They also got about $50 million in contracts coming off the books next year...

I can't really say I'm surprised. George bought a ton of players in the 70's and that ruined the team in the 80's Then he got suspended from baseball for a couple of years and during that time Gene Michael rebuilt the farm system... Now it seems it has come full circle again...

not sure if Cashman is gonna be the first to go...I'd put my $$ on Mel, even though I don't blame him at all (I could be wrong though cause Joe is gonna stick up for him big time). I mean, it's not his fault that Brown is still on the team or that Jared Wright is on the disabled list and you have two rookies pitching for you.

what is funny though, is how "Donnie Baseball" is gonna have a free pass even though the Yankees ain't hitting for shit

11-19!!!! ...how ya doin! :bounce:

10 yrs in the making you have been hoping the Yanks fall apart , and as of right now in early May your all creaming your pants and rightfully so , but it is still early..

I recall being down 14 games in JULY!!! and coming back on some team that choked on horsecock for 86 yrs , so dont write us off so quickly

my question to MEts/Sox fans do you consider your OBSESSION with the yankees is at an equal level with the passion you have for your own respective loser franchises?

doesnt feel too good getting kicked while on the ground, now does it. cry me a fucking river asswipe. :boohoo: :boohoo:

as much as I hate the Yankees, I have to say that I think they will be there in the end. Baltimore pitching is not as good as they've been showing and Toronto is a fluke right now.

My predictions:

- Stick Michael will be back in the Yankees front office w/ an emphasis on rebuilding the farm system (which is non-existent)

- Roger Clemens will be starting Game 1 of the post season for the Boston Red Sox

you heard it here

as much as I hate the Yankees, I have to say that I think they will be there in the end. Baltimore pitching is not as good as they've been showing and Toronto is a fluke right now.

My predictions:

- Stick Michael will be back in the Yankees front office w/ an emphasis on rebuilding the farm system (which is non-existent)

- Roger Clemens will be starting Game 1 of the post season for the Boston Red Sox

you heard it here

I think Clemens will be back in NY... He is certainly not happy where he is and I understand why... Sucks to look so good and have 1 win under your belt.

it is importance because the last time we faced we swept you..

so until we face again - we own you

simple

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have the series victory (even if it is 5 years old) over a meaningless interleague sweep... I'm sure you would too... :aright:

PS: Even the Mets themselves know they don't own shit...