Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SOx/Mets fans

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st off, you saying Joe isnt a good manager is total hogwash bro, how many WS has the guy won as a manager in NY?? how many times have the yamkees made the postseason with him at the helm??? just like a true yamkee fan- short/selective memories galore !! dont even get me started on that subject scott :nono: P.S just incase you selectively forgot, the sox were in the running to sign torre and that carpetbagger goeorgieboy swooped in with his deep pockets and got him.... "No way Jose" i aint buying that. Only thing i can agree with ya was that Buck Showalter built that team, anything aside from that is just reaching....tsk tsk... the yamkees built a decent foundation when georgieboy got suspended from mlb.

The sox are way up there in payroll ???... dude, our payroll today is lower from our WORLD SERIES winning year bro. did you forget ???

How can you say he is a great manager. Yeah he is ok. But he is better for his players than he is for making the right moves. Don't get me wrong. I happen to really like Torre. How the hell do you figure I have selective memories. I stated that he was DEALT THE RIGHT TEAM AT THE RIGHT TIME. Where is that being selective. Torre, in my opinion was a huge reason the Yanks lost last year in the World Series. What manager pushes a closer 2 innings in every game against a team that beats up on that closer constantly. It was the same mistake the mets made during the Subway series with their closer. We smacked the shit out of him everytime he came out of the bullpen. So why keep throwing him out there. In the World Series, I am sorry it is not about hurting feelings, it is about winning.

Look at the bulk of the World Series Wins and playoffs. Look at the players. Look at the team. Torre could have slept through every game and they would have won. Tino, Brosious, Jeter, Posada, Williams, Knobby, O'neill Rivera in his best years, so on and so forth, that was probably one of the greatest teams that ever played the game. Not just for skill, but for the passion that they played with.

The man never plays small ball, which in my eyes is baseball, he hardly manufactures runs, most come on the long ball. Fundamental baseball is hardly what the Yanks are about anymore. And to me that is how you win ball games. Make runs, don't let them happen by chance.

And remember, as Boston does not spend as much as the Yanks. But they do qualify to be taxed. And they do spend much more money than many teams. So them being at the top of the league all the time with the Yanks are in the same boat. Yeah the Yanks are an over paid ball club. But don't always use that as if your team does not attempt to be the same. Because if your stadium was bigger, and you had the profit margin of the Yanks, you would all do the same fuckin thing and you know it. Then your foot would be in your mouth.

I am not your typical Yankee fan. I will say when things are wrong, I will say when things are right, I stick by my team in the best and in the worst. Don't put me in the same category.

I really think you need to read some of what you type. I honestly think you read partial posts and then reply with your thoughts on "selective" parts of my posts.

The most expensive WS champion of all time... :)

As I don't pay much attention to facts like these... Is this true... Because as I look at it. The Yanks payroll back when they actually won a World Series was probably about the same or a bit less than Bostons Salary last season...

So can we all use the same Prick Boston Fan Saying... "Boston bought A Ring"

I never thought I'd see the day when I read magellanmax defending a Yankee and elementx bashing him

lol John... I am not bashing. Just stating a fact that he is not as good as he seems. And I like the guy.

JT - I am not comparing that fact. I am just stating that Boston spends enough money to have to pay a tax. Which means they have a high paid team. Yeah Yanks pay much more. And I believe Boston is $2 million. Not 400,000.

I am stating that Boston also buys big name players. And say Yankees were not in the picture... Who would be the one buying anything? That is my point.

lol John... I am not bashing. Just stating a fact that he is not as good as he seems. And I like the guy.

JT - I am not comparing that fact. I am just stating that Boston spends enough money to have to pay a tax. Which means they have a high paid team. Yeah Yanks pay much more. And I believe Boston is $2 million. Not 400,000.

I am stating that Boston also buys big name players. And say Yankees were not in the picture... Who would be the one buying anything? That is my point.

negative

2003 yanks paid 11 mill the sox paid 0

2004 yanks paid 30.6 million the sox paid 931,00

2005 yanks are going to pay 40+ while I think the sox payroll is actually less then it was last year.

We would not go out and buy players because it does not work. You should know that you have seen it the last 4 years. You need players like arroyo and wakefield and nixon and ortiz maknig short money to balence out the big guys like manny and schill.

negative

2005 yanks are going to pay 40+ while I think the sox payroll is actually less then it was last year.

We would not go out and buy players because it does not work. You should know that you have seen it the last 4 years. You need players like arroyo and wakefield and nixon and ortiz maknig short money to balence out the big guys like manny and schill.

you should also thank your lucky stars that the Jeter wannabe NOmaaaahh

is a glue sniffer and didnt take that contract you offered him last yr.

negative

yes...the redsox payroll is about 4mill less than last years team payroll...

yes...the redsox payroll is about 4mill less than last years team payroll...

so we should pay less in tax I would assume. Also when we shipped out BK kim we saved money on the payroll. We will have to wait until the trade deadline to see if we add anymore money, but right now we are not paying much in tax.

• 2 weeks later...
Look at the schedule for the rest of May:

May 6 OAK 7:05 p.m. ET

May 7 OAK 1:05 p.m. ET

May 8 OAK 1:05 p.m. ET

May 9 SEA 7:05 p.m. ET

May 10 SEA 7:05 p.m. ET

May 11 SEA 1:05 p.m. ET

May 13 @ OAK 10:05 p.m. ET

May 14 @ OAK 9:05 p.m. ET

May 15 @ OAK 4:05 p.m. ET

May 16 @ SEA 10:05 p.m. ET

May 17 @ SEA 10:05 p.m. ET

May 18 @ SEA 10:05 p.m. ET

May 20 @ NYM 7:10 p.m. ET

May 21 @ NYM 1:15 p.m. ET

May 22 @ NYM 1:10 p.m. ET

May 24 DET 7:05 p.m. ET

May 25 DET 7:05 p.m. ET

May 26 DET 7:05 p.m. ET

May 27 BOS 7:05 p.m. ET

May 28 BOS 1:15 p.m. ET

May 29 BOS 8:05 p.m. ET

Not the easiest thing in the world...and it would be the Mets and Red Sox putting the final nails in the Yankee Coffin. They could be done by the end of May ahahahahahaahhaaha

lmaaoo,a,oa,oaoooo I was just going over some old threads and I ran into this. May 6th just so happens to be the day the Yanks turned it completely around. And that series touched off a run where the Yanks have won 13 of 15 games. I guess it WAS the easiest thing in the world. So much for nails in coffins....

Meanwhile it looks like its the METS that should have those nails in the coffin starting with a 4 game series in Florida. Good luck and may peace be with you.

Can't wait for Boston. Should be a great series.

SEACREST OUT

May 6 OAK 7:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 7 OAK 1:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 8 OAK 1:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 9 SEA 7:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 10 SEA 7:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 11 SEA 1:05 p.m. ET ---WIN

May 13 @ OAK 10:05 p.m. ET ---WIN

May 14 @ OAK 9:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 15 @ OAK 4:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 16 @ SEA 10:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 17 @ SEA 10:05 p.m. ET --- LOSS

May 18 @ SEA 10:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 20 @ NYM 7:10 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 21 @ NYM 1:15 p.m. ET --- LOSS

May 22 @ NYM 1:10 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 24 DET 7:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 25 DET 7:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 26 DET 7:05 p.m. ET --- TO BE ANNOUNCED

May 27 BOS 7:05 p.m. ET --- CAN'T WAIT

May 28 BOS 1:15 p.m. ET --- CAN'T WAIT

May 29 BOS 8:05 p.m. ET --- CAN'T WAIT

Caleb, thanks for bringin this back up... I needed a good laugh when I woke up this after noon... Now time to get ready for work... Nice to head of to work in a good mood.

May 6 OAK 7:05 p.m. ET --- WIN

May 26 DET 7:05 p.m. ET --- TO BE ANNOUNCED

May 27 BOS 7:05 p.m. ET --- CAN'T WAIT

May 28 BOS 1:15 p.m. ET --- CAN'T WAIT

May 29 BOS 8:05 p.m. ET --- CAN'T WAIT

WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Go Yankees!!

:D

May 26 DET 7:05 p.m. ET --- win

May 27 BOS 7:05 p.m. ET --- win

May 28 BOS 1:15 p.m. ET --- loss

May 29 BOS 8:05 p.m. ET --- loss

may 31 kc 8:05 p.m. ET --- loss

june 1 kc 8:05 p.m. ET --- loss

june 2 kc 8:05 p.m. ET ---losing

yeah

May 26 DET 7:05 p.m. ET --- win

May 27 BOS 7:05 p.m. ET --- win

May 28 BOS 1:15 p.m. ET --- loss

May 29 BOS 8:05 p.m. ET --- loss

may 31 kc 8:05 p.m. ET --- loss

june 1 kc 8:05 p.m. ET --- loss

june 2 kc 8:05 p.m. ET ---losing

yeah

I'll take 16-7 anytime...

They all count the same....

well not really division games count more. But saying 16-7 is not the true story because you are 0-5 in the last 5, 5-5 in the last 10. You are starting the longest raod trip of the year and you dropped three to the worst team in the league.

So you can say 16-7, but if my team got swept like that I would not be on here saying its ok cause we are 16-7 in the last 23. MOstly when I have minny/and the cards left.