Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why, Kaskade? Why...???

philippio

Last night I heard Kaskade's most pathetic set. I was bored out of my fucking mind! Thank goodness for the Patron shots (courtesy of Vaughan and Victor).

Vaughan and Sheldon set things up beautifully, playing their usual style of sultry house grooves with silky smooth vocals and just pure class. Loved the 'Gypsy Woman' / 'Girl I'll House You' medley! Although I've heard them spin even better (I think they save their best tricks for BLUE and DELUX these days), I had a great feeling that Kaskade would have easily picked up where they left off and could have delivered a great set.

With the exception of K.O.T.'s 'Finally' (I was told it was a Kaskade rework), Eddie Amador's 'Rise' and Michelle Weeks' 'The Light', it was nearly 100% confirmation that headliners at Amika CANNOT play what they want. Nearly every other track was generic filler. They might as well have skipped on Kaskade, saved a bunch of money to invest in a REAL nightclub and let Rudnick spin his "think inside the box" friday night set. Probably 99% of the crowd had no fucking clue who Kaskade is, and besides the venue's dancers, I counted about 30 people dancing. The "big room build-ups" and cheesy horn were beyond lame. :mad: I may as well have been at Space. I don't think Kaskade had the horn trigger; it was probably the lights guy. I think the most exciting part of my night was paying $7.00 for a RedBull. :gang:

I think it's nights like these that make me realize how special the Lust parties at BLUE are. I left at 1:50 with the promising notion that Sheldon's going to be at Angel tonight spinning with David Solero. :D

you are such a pussy philipio ... :rolleyes:

you know you can always leave after 30 min of the set .. and just get it over with ... you dont like the set then; why even bother on staying longer .. is not like you spent some outrageous ammount of money last night right ?

next time please leave earlier and stop having that pussy face thru out the whole night and stop complaining about every single detail

i will be seeing your skills @ lyrik's bbq :smile2:

oh yeah and .. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! lol :pint:

you know you can always leave after 30 min of the set .. and just get it over with ... you dont like the set then; why even bother on staying longer .. is not like you spent some outrageous ammount of money last night right ?

next time please leave earlier and stop having that pussy face thru out the whole night and stop complaining about every single detail

i will be seeing your skills @ lyrik's bbq :smile2:

oh yeah and .. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! lol :pint:

I won't be there cause I'm leaving on business for a month to Northern Europe. :D

Don't agree with you bro. It is one of the few times you see a negative critic of a night ... and it happens to be to a DJ he supports.

Wished peeps that write their reviews in this town would be more objective.

Lastly ... if you were just being sarcastic, pardon .... I found Phil's review honest. And I'm sure Vaughan and Sheldon will take his review with the same objectivity as others should.

MD

if you were just being sarcastic, pardon .... .

uhhhmmmhm, yes i was lol

but seriously ..ive been dissapointed too before, and philipio knows it ..

for example last time we were @ warehouse for danny remember ?

i just dont go around complaining about every single thing ;)

I did leave before Kaskade finished. But I stuck around long enough to give him a chance to play well because, from experience, I know he's a great dj (I won't even get into his fantastic production and remix work). In hindsight, I wish I would have shown up earlier to catch all of Sheldon's set. He and Vaughan should have played the entire night. :D

I beg to differ with you Phillip just 'cos I know that your style of

sounds is deeper and groovier, but indeed Kaskade's remix of "Finally"

lit up that room like sunshine after a gloomy day.

Everyone was rumoring and wondering around the booth, and I even asked

Vaughan and he nodded - it's class!! :bowdown:

I personally had a hell of a nite,... yes, the horn was a bit weird, but honestly

I think it had to do with trying to bring the uproar of the climax of the song

being played at the time, and the room exploded, with a lot of energy

(which I'm sorry to say...you did not have, even after gulping that red bull) :laugh:

I wanna thank LUST FOR HOUSE for quite an amazing house.

Sheldon, what a hell of a guy. My pint is raised to ya sir. :pint:

Vaughan & Nicole - what a beautiful pair yo,...that's love right there. :)

Danny & Andrew, thank you for your thoughts & insights.

I always like to hear someone else's point of view on a song or sounds.

Vivek, nice to catch up with cha! Good to see ya out & about.

Marco - I cant believe I didnt get to meet ya bro! (maybe tonite @ Nocturnal!) :)

An overall...'A' solid in my book, nite.

:hat:

I personally had a hell of a nite,... yes, the horn was a bit weird, but honestly

(which I'm sorry to say...you did not have, even after gulping that red bull) :laugh:

Marcos - I cant believe I didnt get to meet ya bro! (maybe tonite @ Nocturnal!)

I didn't see Marco there last night. I think he was just commenting as an outsider. :D

i just dont go around complaining about every single thing ;)

Oh... right! So I'm supposed to only post my opinions when I had a great night out, pretend that everything was perfect and whether I'm having a good night or not is irrelevant because I'm only allowed to have a good night. Anything else? Perhaps a list of the people's asses I should be kissing? Hell, maybe I'll just rename myself "Pod." :bigfinge:

Oh... right! So I'm supposed to only post my opinions when I had a great night out, pretend that everything was perfect and whether I'm having a good night or not is irrelevant because I'm only allowed to have a good night. Anything else? Perhaps a list of the people's asses I should be kissing? Hell, maybe I'll just rename myself "Pod." :bigfinge:

lol

Vivek, nice to catch up with cha! Good to see ya out & about.

Marco - I cant believe I didnt get to meet ya bro! (maybe tonite @ Nocturnal!) :)

It was great to finally meet ya Vic.. Super cool guy you are! Thanks for coming out.. I will be seeing ya for Jask.. NO?

Phil.. I love you bro.. BUT must I keep telling you "Don't forget to take your meds" :itsok::itsok:

:laugh: :laugh: GOOOOOO PHILIPIO !!!!! :laugh: :laugh: