Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EdgarV/Nocturnal

sgtfury

Well I was supposed to leave for Europe last night but the flight got cancelled so I'm leaving today. I won't be back for a month. That means I will miss: Dimitri @ Nocturnal, Derrick Carter @ Gryphon (or alternatively Mark Farina at HPC Tampa), Andy Caldwell @ Blue and Delux, Jask @ Blue, Osunlade @ Nocturnal... :mad:

My grand return shall be celebrated when Johnny Fiasco annihilates BLUE!!! :getdown::hoparound

Nocturnal needs to book Mark Farina, Derrick Carter and Marques Wyatt.. That would be sick. David Morales would be cool too.

marques will be playing at aquabooty in 3 weeks & will be having a residency w/ us. Osunlade will as well. mark farina is in the works

Coming soon...

Darshan Jesrani (Metro Area)

Rich Medina

King Britt

Dj Harvey

Timmy Regisford (Shelter)

Miguel Migs

Jay Hanna (Lazy Dog)

yes its true we will have a few space like dj's in the future. we do feel once in a while it is good to bring in some different sound. we will never be a music focused club though, sure we will have great music but we will not base our marketing on a space or crobar dj platform. what those dj's like about us is they can play space and us and it will be two different crowds.

How was the 1 year annivesary party the other night?

Mansion may not provide great memorable music but stephan luke and chicco actually do a pretty good job of playing good music, just nothing out of the norm from what you would normally hear but it is definately entertaining. That along, with the look of the venue and the amount of beautiful women going in there makes the place one of my fav. spots here. I gotta say though I do wish sometimes they would bring in some more guests or live performances. Bring back david guetta and bob sinclar grutman.

marques will be playing at aquabooty in 3 weeks & will be having a residency w/ us. Osunlade will as well. mark farina is in the works

Coming soon...

Darshan Jesrani (Metro Area)

Rich Medina

King Britt

Dj Harvey

Timmy Regisford (Shelter)

Miguel Migs

Jay Hanna (Lazy Dog)

timmy regisford now... nice he rocks.........

Of course I'm nuts. Being normal is no fun... :D

But seriously, I think Nocturnal is heading in the right direction. Many people attended the opening nights (13-14 May) and were quick to form a negative opinion. One thing that many people do not realize is that Nocturnal is NOT competing with Space in the music department, dj line-ups or club layout. If they were, that would be the best way to fail miserably and disappear into oblivion. We all had complaints about the opening weekend at Nocturnal. Those of us who went back for another dose a week later, came up with more complaints and even some ideas.

Above all, those of us who have spent the last 2 years complaining about the monotony and stale nature of Miami's nightlife need to realize that we have been given an alternative. And not a shabby one at that! All of a sudden, local dj's and promoting groups that were previously chugging along with their own parties (quite successfully) have been given an amazing opportunity to entertain a larger audience whether in the main room, on the patio, or in the smaller indoor room. So I ask myself the following question: where were all of these "open minded" people when Edgar was spinning? Where were they when Stryke was spinning? Many ask for variety but only the kind of variety that so closely resembles the track selections of Cedric or Oscar or Ivano or Stephan Luke or Ralph Falcon. They just want to hear a different dj play the same sound. That is fine by me. They are entitled to listen to anything they want but then they should not have the audacity to ask for "something different", when in fact, they mean "something different but almost exactly alike."

On May 13th, many people (who had never attended an Aquabooty event) converged on Nocturnal to get a glimpse of the newly opened club. 99% of these "newbies" reported that the music sucked and is better suited for a lounge or living room. They were faced with the prospect of listening to something different and they panicked. I admit that it wasn't one of Aquabooty's more memorable nights (but my frame of reference is previous Aquabooty events and not afterhours on the Space patio). However, Aquabooty events feature headliners (a dj other than the resident) 99% of the time. And, as a bonus, they're headliners that some people have never heard of. To me, that's different. It's innovative, it's creative and admittedly, it's not for everyone.

My point with this whole tirade is that it seems as though many of those who are so desperately asking for something different are either not willing to go out and support when something different is available or they show up, only to complain that it's just not the same and they would have liked it better if...blah...blah...blah."

I wish these people good luck in seeking out the "different" sound that they've asked for. :D

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

i am not i am talking about felix. bling even attended(i have no idea how he got in though, the frenchys must have been sleeping) his last performance at prive and he can tell you that he played like shit. when we had him in the garden a year earlier he played so many cool michael jackson remixes and funky songs i thought he would be perfect for prive. he was a total failure. thats why for the vip crowd you really do not need to bring in a huge talent. chicco, pedro, stephan luke and even ani are great dj's for that vip crowd.

LOL trade secrets ;) how i got in yeah felix sucked that nite.... i got drunk the end.......

Hello everyone it is my first post. I have been around the block for a long time. I just look and I dont post as am not a clubber but I do go out.

It is clear that EV is a good DJ. It is also clear that the competition is huge, No one can deny that SPACE is COMPETITION for NOCTURNAL. Miami is not as big as everyone thinks and the miami music nightlife is not like back in the days.

Now to give Edgar credit where its due there is no question. The question is can Edgar Deliver and make something out of nothing come to live with the way the Miami scene is at now.

I want to be clear EV is a good dj. Now does the staff have enough confidence in EV making it happen. I bet at this point in the game there not really confident. Lets be real yes EV tours with PVD no question there but at the end of it all means nothing when it comes to Miami.

EV needs a real club following not yout 20 guys here that stand up for him and make 1300 wiews of post happen for the guy.

Like SALEEN said and he said it well. You can put EV in Crobar and it will be packed beucase it is Packed.

If EV dosent pull it off within the next few weeks I belive they will find another alternative for Afterhours. Everyone does know NOCTURNAL. The simple fact to blame the club for not doing their JOB i belive is wrong.

This reminds me when Bobby Brandt and Dade would go to EV at shadow lounge and pull him off the decks or tell him to play music that relates to the people.

Nocturnal has a real battle in front of them, We need a new club and its hear. Lets see if the staff will support EV. There is noone here to blame. Everyone is to blame. Dont blame the Club, There all over the radio. It takes time but you do need DJS that know Miami and Know how to get people in the dance floor.

Anyways all that am saying here is stricly my opinion. EV is good in my book. Now we will see what will happen.

am outty.

Rob.

Hello everyone it is my first post. I have been around the block for a long time. I just look and I dont post as am not a clubber but I do go out.

It is clear that EV is a good DJ. It is also clear that the competition is huge, No one can deny that SPACE is COMPETITION for NOCTURNAL. Miami is not as big as everyone thinks and the miami music nightlife is not like back in the days.

Now to give Edgar credit where its due there is no question. The question is can Edgar Deliver and make something out of nothing come to live with the way the Miami scene is at now.

I want to be clear EV is a good dj. Now does the staff have enough confidence in EV making it happen. I bet at this point in the game there not really confident. Lets be real yes EV tours with PVD no question there but at the end of it all means nothing when it comes to Miami.

EV needs a real club following not yout 20 guys here that stand up for him and make 1300 wiews of post happen for the guy.

Like SALEEN said and he said it well. You can put EV in Crobar and it will be packed beucase it is Packed.

If EV dosent pull it off within the next few weeks I belive they will find another alternative for Afterhours. Everyone does know NOCTURNAL. The simple fact to blame the club for not doing their JOB i belive is wrong.

This reminds me when Bobby Brandt and Dade would go to EV at shadow lounge and pull him off the decks or tell him to play music that relates to the people.

Nocturnal has a real battle in front of them, We need a new club and its hear. Lets see if the staff will support EV. There is noone here to blame. Everyone is to blame. Dont blame the Club, There all over the radio. It takes time but you do need DJS that know Miami and Know how to get people in the dance floor.

Anyways all that am saying here is stricly my opinion. EV is good in my book. Now we will see what will happen.

am outty.

Rob.

Welcome to the board Rob.

Seems to me that you know the scene in and out since the days of Shadow. Do you realize that Edgar was there for ONE weekend? :blown: