Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATB @Webster Hall Review

Never hearing ATB live b4, I wasnt disappointed. Laid down a good selection of his own trancehouse traxx in addition to dropping some electrotrance/disco/house and of course, nice progressive trance and some harder edge progressive trance.

Here's what I have of his own traxx he dropped:

ATB - Ecstacy

ATB - Marrakech

ATB - Long way home

ATB - 9pm (till I come)

Couldnt distinguish any of the others, though they all sounded damn good. I liked his interaction with the crowd, though the only criticism would be that when he was building the climax in his set, he couldve stuck with the buildup and kept the heavier traxx going, but hey, no complaints from my end.

One of the highlights had to have been when he lowered the volume on a track, then the crowd sat in silence for about a minute, and then the guitar riff of '9pm (till I come) came on.

As for DJ Micro and Vicious Vic that opened up for him, good stuff also. Playing some good ole tech, progressive, and hard trance. I did like Micro's track selection esp with keeping with vocal traxx...was impressed.

Vicous Vic laid down:

Fractal Structure - Lost Sequence (8 Wonder's Journey into the Unknown Remix)***nice hard tech trance***

He couldnt mix for SHIT. Music selection was awesome though , and the vibe had somewhat of a little brother feel when compared to other huge trance events(alotta youngins with shirts off). His style of djing was veyr amatuer, BUT being that he has laid down some great tracks over the years, he has paid his dues and regardles the party was very good.

The selection was great....i loved the tunes he rocked, but as a dj, definitly nothing special. Micro might have been better.

what was the name of that song he dropped.. it was the first or second song of his set... he got on the mic and sang part of the vocals...

ooh yeah, and wtf...him talking on the mic was pissing me off. He also kept jamming out the master speakers, thinking it was the booth. ... Every once and a while, the music would just stop.

EDIT: anyone have pics from the event?

It was a good time :pint: but it was a little too hot in the main floor after 2hrs. So I went upstair for the rest of his set.

He also spun Mind Circus(Gabriel and Dresden) and Out of time (PVD) and a bunch of others that I can't recall

ooh yeah, and wtf...him talking on the mic was pissing me off. He also kept jamming out the master speakers, thinking it was the booth. ... Every once and a while, the music would just stop.

EDIT: anyone have pics from the event?

i think all the times he stopped the music, he did it on purpose?

he also did some scratching, which some people thought sucked... but I liked it

the ONE time it was on purpose(till i come)..the other times werent.....if u saw his face..he was giving his freinds a look like..AHH FUCK..and tried blaming the equipment.

As for the scratching, it was really good...sounded like a beat. He wasnt doing anything amazing....but he scratched a record that gave a nice simple 4x4 beat to it as he scratched. He went off once. But it was still sick. But if you put him up against a turntablist..it would b a different story.

thing is. If someone did that on a normal system it would sound like shit. People need to realize that if he played on a normal 2 speakers average bedroom/studio dj system, he would have sounded like shit. Alot of djs cant mix.. and alot of newbs can do better...thing is..when u play at a club, bass is so loud..and everything is pumpin, that if your a little off....nobody notices..if it was on another system..it would sound like ehhh..nothing impressive.