Clubplanet Nightlife Community

morillo overated ????????/

He shouldn't compromise good music for a shitty crowd...It only turns people off further...

I still listen to sets from years ago...right now even

not when the shitty crowd is willing to shell out dough at huge clubs to see him..

the power of the dollar is always the bottom line.

He shouldn't compromise good music for a shitty crowd...It only turns people off further...

I still listen to sets from years ago...right now even

i dunno........if he was funky morillo, i dont think half the crowd that sees him now would appreciate it. they would think he sucks....

Loved Erick up until the time him and the Subliminal party left the Shelter (2001 ish?)

Oh well to each his own.

I think he still had his funky groove when SS moved to Discotheque the following year. I think he went downhill when he put out that album he produced. Which came first? The album or his resident sets at Crobar?

I dont think Morillo is overrated he def earned his credibility, he has also proven it time and time again. Although people argue hes not the same funky groovy Morillo well things change and people evolve their style. I think with the new music out its hard to incorporate the funky part into unless he takes you back with old songs (which i love). I like that fact that he can play older songs along with new songs, I dont have a problem listening to them in his set, however some may have a disliking to it. I like to hear familiar sounds along with some newer things. His party energy and vibes are unmatched in my opinion. I think he MUST bring his "A Game" to Crobar on the 10th and I would like to think that he has no choice because of the amount of people, energy, and the setting. Im a little nervous that hes not going to WOW the crowd but I have confidence that he will. Not to mention we have a booth above the stage contributing to the energy on that night. I will definitely be in attendance that night and hope that he will "rip it sick" as they say. I also agree that he plays more like himself towards the last few hours.

I'll Have to agree with everyone. Morillo is one of my top DJ's when it comes to energy and all around good time.. i can't find anyone who can honestly say that they had a terrible time at an EM party (except some juice head that got his face bashed in by security). Yes the track selection is different nowadays.. but ask yourself do you stop dancing because you don't like a track,, i don't think so (maybe when he played 50cent or when P.Diddy showed his ass on the mic).. those were the only times i've stopped and said WTF.

for my non-ghetto people..."showed his ass" = sounded stupid or acted the fool.

All in All Morrillo ROCKS.

eric used to b great..the couple of times i saw him in europe were amazing....last time @ crobar sucked..im never gona c him in NYC again...g'bage ass sets..he caters to the jersey crowd..

his set @ Leeds Love Parade in 2000 was the shiznot

agreed...

DT is doing the same thing...

I get the pleasure of seeing Morillo every summer at Pacha, and usually Space in Ibiza. He is nothing like the Morillo that you hear in NYC. His sets over there are incredible.

Couldn't put it better myself...

DT is doing the same thing...

Eh??? The only Jersey sound that DT plays once in a while is from the like of Kerri Chandler! You got the wrong Jersey I think.

DT is light years from (ahead) what Morillo think he needs to play in nyc.

my $.02

I hate to say this but every one is right his sets have become repetative but the energy at his parties is incredible. I want the funky Morillo to rock Crobar.

]

tis my friends is true.. thats why i havent gone back to crobar to see him since the same stuff is being played.. iw ould rather go to a Victor calderone party "ANYDAY" because he takes over the crowd very very good and his sets are flawless i think.

Eh??? The only Jersey sound that DT plays once in a while is from the like of Kerri Chandler! You got the wrong Jersey I think.

DT is light years from (ahead) what Morillo think he needs to play in nyc.

my $.02

DT became a BOOM!!!! BOOM!!! DJ he plays for Jersey Crowd. Mr. Hard and Soul lost his Soul. $$$$$$ is everything. When was the last time you heard DT mix something low tempo into his sets. I stilll go to his parties for the same reason I go to Morillo parties the the atmosphere.

When was the last time you heard DT mix something low tempo into his sets.

at his bday party @ crobar round 6-7 am......brought it real low. of course peeps didnt understand that shit and were either looking around or started leaving......but he did play some deep deep shit

theres 2 sides to jersey, the GUIDOs and their BOOM BOOM and the deephouse soulful jersey sounds that have been a part of the scene since the begging. I was at morillos party at crobar not this time but the time b4 that and didnt dance one bit msuic was terrible for my tastes, but everyone was having fun, so thats good for them.

didnt i tell you from the begining who the best ???

my man VC rules !!!

]

tis my friends is true.. thats why i havent gone back to crobar to see him since the same stuff is being played.. iw ould rather go to a Victor calderone party "ANYDAY" because he takes over the crowd very very good and his sets are flawless i think.

didnt i tell you from the begining who the best ???

my man VC rules !!!

As much as I love Calderone, I have to admit that the last few hours of his set... maybe 2 PM and beyond... were a bit whack... too many vocals. But what can you expect with a 12 hour set anyhow?

seems like he's the same the world over!

seen him 3-4 times here in a club called lush, and the first time i seen him he blew me away. i thought he was amazing, ands i'd be a bit overly critical of djs to say the least.

every time i seen him since he's been fuckin shite. dunno if its my tastes than have changed, but they were all only a year or 2 apart, and even if i dont like somthing particularly, i can appreaiate anything done well.

and evbery time bar the first hes been shite city.

at his bday party @ crobar round 6-7 am......brought it real low. of course peeps didnt understand that shit and were either looking around or started leaving......but he did play some deep deep shit

Right when the afterhours people usually show up, and he would start playing a more "nyc" oriented set (i.e. not in-your-face bs).

He's always been an afterhours dj so most of his crowd would show up late anyway. Unfortunately we know what happened that night.

Last time I heard DT it was at Spirit (Jan?), I thought he was really good .

And Re: Erick Morillo, when he will stop the striper aesthetic I will start considering there might be a chance of quality there. Seriously, who is he trying to get in the club with such ads? I don't do tacky.