• Groovejet
    • Level
    • Space
    • Crobar
    • Nerve
    • Lola
    • Nocturnal
    • Salvation

No I'm serious. I bet it must have been a really interesting night of music. Especially for Miami at that time. :D

miami actually had some great bands come through in those years. churchills, club nu and washington square had MANY bands come through that made it big.

nope...it was Club Nu before it was Paragon. Trust me on this one.

how do i know? b/c i saw sonic youth and marilyn manson and the spooky kids there. that was back in 90 or 91 i think.

Ooh.. I feel vaguely recall that, but it was so long ago... *blush* Mmm, that must've been interesting seeing manson honing his/their teeth. I heard stories, but never saw them live...

Ooh.. I feel vaguely recall that, but it was so long ago... *blush* Mmm, that must've been interesting seeing manson honing his/their teeth. I heard stories, but never saw them live...

s'ok! :)

those years are mainly a blur anyways. i was so young then. but it was cool seeing these bands before they actually made it big. greenday, smashing pumpkins, etc. and since MM & the spooky kids are from s.fla, they played down here all the time. the edge, club nu, washington squre, churchills, etc.

Hmmm, I have always wondered why a poll to list a favorite anything. I guess in America we love the lists. Top 100 this, Top 10 that- Miami is just a great clubbing town, each era has it's great spots, I mean I remember great times at Scratch, Paragon, Cameo, Glam Slam,Bash, Amnesia,Groove Jet, Warsaw, and not to mention Liquid where Chris P elevated the whole scene before his unfortunate demise, then you have Level, Crobar, Nikki Beach-my current favorite spot, Space, Shadow Lounge, Tantra, BED and now Amika. Pick one favorite-Good Luck!

those years are mainly a blur anyways.

They sure were! :biggrin: by the time I had moved down to Miami, it was The Paragon. All I can think of are those little silver tabs, lol! Sometimes when I walk past the spot where it once stood, I get all sentimental. *warm n' fuzzy*

i was so young then. but it was cool seeing these bands before they actually made it big. greenday, smashing pumpkins, etc. and since MM & the spooky kids are from s.fla, they played down here all the time. the edge, club nu, washington squre, churchills, etc.

neat-o. you must be excited to see NIN? FOUR shows in FLA... pinch me, I must be dreaming! :drunk:

those years are mainly a blur anyways. i was so young then. but it was cool seeing these bands before they actually made it big. greenday, smashing pumpkins, etc. and since MM & the spooky kids are from s.fla, they played down here all the time. the edge, club nu, washington squre, churchills, etc.

True ...

My blurriest nite there was a nite Inner Circle played ... coming right after spending the whole day at the Bob Marley Festival ...

Also ... what was the name of that place on 6th street, 1/2 block west of Wash? They always had bands there too.

And the Crystal location, on 5th and Michigan ... can't recall the name to it, but many Latin bands performed there ... Charlie Garcia, Fabulosos Cadillac, etc

and before paragon, i think it was club nu.

and is 5th st. the club u were thinking that was in front of cristal?

lol.. and I was short circuiting my brain trying to figure out the name, and it was 5th Street.. yikes!

I never went to the venue when it was named Club Nu... I went a few times when it was Paragon.. I saw DJ Icey there back in like.. 95 or something..

Also ... what was the name of that place on 6th street, 1/2 block west of Wash? They always had bands there too.

the only other spot on washington that i remembered back in the day that had bands was the stephen talkhouse. i think that was on 6th and washington.

the only other spot on washington that i remembered back in the day that had bands was the stephen talkhouse. i think that was on 6th and washington.

who could forget Rolling Stone's Ron Woods place: "Woody's" on Ocean drive

roses had live bands on washington back in the day.. sick live bands in fact... that was a really wicked place..