Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armin Van Buuren Reviews???

armin didnt start spinning until around 3:30am.....his flight was diverted and he had to drive into the city.....so it was miserable waiting until then...but his set was awesome....i had to leave around 5:30...but supposdly he didnt spin for much longer than that. :bounce:

armin didnt start spinning until around 3:30am.....his flight was diverted and he had to drive into the city.....so it was miserable waiting until then...but his set was awesome....i had to leave around 5:30...but supposdly he didnt spin for much longer than that. :bounce:

he spun til around 6:00, then it was armin vs remy which was awesome, then he closed it out with about 5 or 6 more encore tracks. plus he gave out posters and signed them for everyone. armin is a classy guy; totally made up for the long wait.

I left at about 7:45 and he was still doing encores.

The night started out really, really slow.. The first DJ was so boring - I guess he just wasn't prepared to deal with the situation that was thrust upon him.

When Armin finally came on at 3:45, he really brought the place to life. He played alot of prog and trance and as the night went on, the music got harder and harder. The tunes were so unbelievably good.. By 5:30 it was quite comfortable to dance as the place thinned out.

Armin was better than I've ever seen him- He was so into the music and dancing and you could tell how much he loves it. You also could see that he was very tired, but being the professional he is, didn't let it affect his performance.

Spirit was really good- there were some problems with the bass that were corrected, and the venue itself was great. I say for the most part because there were plenty of freaks there. At the beginning of the night there was a huge group of asians towards the back bar that were so messed up, bumping K every five minutes, looking like zombies and crashing into everybody. Luckily a few of them were caught and kicked out, but it was enough to start the night on a sour note.

So, here are my ratings- music 9/10, sound system 8/10, crowd 6/10, and overall experience 8/10.

What a night!!!!

I had an amazing time.

I am not big on "rating" a night, but just had a quick note.

Rumor has it that Armin's flight got cancled or rerouted to DC. Most DJs we know would have just said F__k it, and not show up. Armin had someone drive him because he knew alot of people are waiting to see him.

:dj:

I left at about 7:45 and he was still doing encores.

The night started out really, really slow.. The first DJ was so boring - I guess he just wasn't prepared to deal with the situation that was thrust upon him.

the dj you are talking about is actually the 2nd dj

it was jason jollins until 1am, then sean cusack from 1 - 3:45

jason jollins had complete control of the crowd and was spinning an amazing set, sean imo completely killed the vibe where jason left off

luckily armin showed up and saved the party

does anyone know if or were you can get a hold of the video from that night...or any of the names of the songs that he droped.?

Armin van Buuren

live at Club Spirit 6/10/05

01. Mike Foyle vs Signalrunners - Love Theme Dusk (Intro Mix)

02. ID

03. Eye Wall - Bad Deal (Remy vs Roland Klinkenberg Remix)

04. Peter Martin presents Anthanasia - Simply Blue

05. Matthew Dekay - Digifruitella

06. Above & Beyond featuring Andy Moor - Air For Life (Airwave Remix)

07. Gabriel & Dresden - Arcadia (Original Mix)

08. Motorcycle - Around You (AVB Edit)

09. Blank & Jones featuring Bobo - Perfect Silence (E-Craig 212 Remix)

10. ID

11. Allure - The Loves We Lost

12. Mr. Sam - Lyteo

13. ID

14. Sophie Sugar - Call Of Tomorrow (John O'Callaghan Remix)

15. Armin van Buuren - Shivers (Alex M.O.R.P.H Remix)

16. Inertia - The Chamber (Original Mix)

17. Purple Haze - Adrenaline

18. Rank 1 - Top Gear

19. LSG - Netherworld 2005 (Oliver Prime Remix)

20. Marco V - More Than A Life Away (Original Mix)

21. Firewall - Sincere 2005 (Smith & Pledger Remix)

22. GTR - Mistral

23. Pulser - Point of Impact (Original Mix)

24. Apogee - Tribal Affair (Marcos Remix)

25. Hammer & Bennett - Language (Santiago Nino Dub Tech Mix)

26. Abel Ramos - Aqaurius (Randy Katanas Dub Down Remix)

27. E-Craig - Call It A Day (212 PM Mix)

Armin vs Remy Back 2 Back

28. Eye Wall - Bad Deal (Original Mix)

29. Remy & Roland Klinkenberg - Til Ya Drop

30. Armin vs M.I.K.E. - Pound

31. Mac Zimms - Kenetic

32. Thomas Bronzwaer - Close Horizon (Original Mix)

33. Fred Baker vs Terry Bones - Vibration

Armin van Buuren

34. M.I.K.E. - Massive Motion (Original Mix)

35. Castaneda - Oceanborn

36. Clokx - Feelings (Dub Mix)

37. Iio - Rapture (Armin van Buuren Remix)

38. Armin van Buuren - Communication Part 3

39. Markus Schulz featuring Departure - Without You Near (Original Mix)

wad up everyone.

Armin was sick right? Anyway, I got the video. It's in the editing process. Lots of pictures too. The pictures should be up today. Look for the video on glowsticking.com , clubplanet.com or cooljunkie.com. Ill get it on all 3. I had a blast though. It was a sick night. Look for the pictures on clubplanet and cooljunkie soon!

Peace.

I am really sick and tired of people with f*********** glowsticks.. I got stepped on so many times by people with there little toys and the assholes couldn't even say excuse me..

I also got hit and pushed by a group of people that decided they needed to fight.. they need to take that shit outside.. grrrr.. I'm angry!

Other than that, it was a good night.. Armin left his records at the airport, but the music was still good..

I was running around the club.. trying to avoid being stepped on and pushed again..

Armin-whored as usual and spent some time talking to him and Remy

Armin van Buuren

live at Club Spirit 6/10/05

01. Mike Foyle vs Signalrunners - Love Theme Dusk (Intro Mix)

02. ID

03. Eye Wall - Bad Deal (Remy vs Roland Klinkenberg Remix)

04. Peter Martin presents Anthanasia - Simply Blue

05. Matthew Dekay - Digifruitella

06. Above & Beyond featuring Andy Moor - Air For Life (Airwave Remix)

07. Gabriel & Dresden - Arcadia (Original Mix)

08. Motorcycle - Around You (AVB Edit)

09. Blank & Jones featuring Bobo - Perfect Silence (E-Craig 212 Remix)

10. ID

11. Allure - The Loves We Lost

12. Mr. Sam - Lyteo

13. ID

14. Sophie Sugar - Call Of Tomorrow (John O'Callaghan Remix)

15. Armin van Buuren - Shivers (Alex M.O.R.P.H Remix)

16. Inertia - The Chamber (Original Mix)

17. Purple Haze - Adrenaline

18. Rank 1 - Top Gear

19. LSG - Netherworld 2005 (Oliver Prime Remix)

20. Marco V - More Than A Life Away (Original Mix)

21. Firewall - Sincere 2005 (Smith & Pledger Remix)

22. GTR - Mistral

23. Pulser - Point of Impact (Original Mix)

24. Apogee - Tribal Affair (Marcos Remix)

25. Hammer & Bennett - Language (Santiago Nino Dub Tech Mix)

26. Abel Ramos - Aqaurius (Randy Katanas Dub Down Remix)

27. E-Craig - Call It A Day (212 PM Mix)

Armin vs Remy Back 2 Back

28. Eye Wall - Bad Deal (Original Mix)

29. Remy & Roland Klinkenberg - Til Ya Drop

30. Armin vs M.I.K.E. - Pound

31. Mac Zimms - Kenetic

32. Thomas Bronzwaer - Close Horizon (Original Mix)

33. Fred Baker vs Terry Bones - Vibration

Armin van Buuren

34. M.I.K.E. - Massive Motion (Original Mix)

35. Castaneda - Oceanborn

36. Clokx - Feelings (Dub Mix)

37. Iio - Rapture (Armin van Buuren Remix)

38. Armin van Buuren - Communication Part 3

39. Markus Schulz featuring Departure - Without You Near (Original Mix)

GREAT TRACK LISTING. GOOD JOB.

i got there 40 min before armin got on stage...the vibe was deff amazing :bounce: the crowd overall was good didnt really like the rude shirtless asian that pushed me when i was trying to dance

lol armin got hotter since the last time i saw him ;]

talking about glowsticks who was the guy on stage raving?

plus he gave out posters and signed them for everyone.

when did he give out posters??!! i must have missed it :(

DOES THIS GUY EVER PLAY BURNED WITH DESIRE? SUCH A GREAT SONG OF HIS. I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY IT YET. HIS NYC SETS JUST DONT DO IT FOR ME ANYMORE. :type:

I tried to give him my phone that night that said "play BURNED WITH DESIRE", but didnt get a chance to get it to him.

Night was amazing. The music and the vibe couldnt of been better.

Victor Soto

Yes, what a great time. The night started out slow. Thank God for the bottle of grey goose and the company of good friends. Armin definately worked the tables and tweaked the sound system. One of the best set that I've experienced this year. Just wish he was there sooner. I too, was hoping he would play "burned with desire". Kick ass night, awesome vibe.

I am really sick and tired of people with f*********** glowsticks.. I got stepped on so many times by people with there little toys and the assholes couldn't even say excuse me..

I also got hit and pushed by a group of people that decided they needed to fight.. they need to take that shit outside.. grrrr.. I'm angry!

Other than that, it was a good night.. Armin left his records at the airport, but the music was still good..

I was running around the club.. trying to avoid being stepped on and pushed again..

Armin-whored as usual and spent some time talking to him and Remy

I could not agree more.

People with Glowstick should be banned and thrown out!!! How rude is it to play with stupid glowstics when the place is so crowded that you can't barely dance. And its so cheeeeeeeeeesy too.

I usually push them around untill they get upset and fold up their stupid glowsticks.

Was a sick night indeed.

I agree completely with Broiler...

First, Armin did bust his arse to get up to NYC for the show. He came on at 3:30ish and played until nearly 8am. He did everything he could to show his appreciation for our patience and support, from handing out signed posters to spinning a few extra songs at the end for the few hundred people still there at 8am. On top of that, he stayed after to talk with everyone, take pictures, and sign some more. I happened to be up in the DJ booth around 7am and talked to him for quite a while afterwards. My main takeaway from our conversation was that he loves NYC more than any other city and felt really badly about what happened. He was sincere and honest...not just blowing smoke. He said that despite what the papers/blogs say, he feels NYC's vibe & excitement is still the best!!!

As for the other thoughts, here goes...

- 2nd DJ had some trouble keeping a flow, not sure if it was due to the fact he had no skills or he wasn't sure when AVB was coming on. Just kept building up and then slowing down. Kind of shitty actually.

- Crowd as ok. Met some cool people but had issues similar to those noted above.

- Music was on point. He brings it NASTY and DIRTY the way Tiesto used to. If Armin is not #1 at year end, something is wrong because his track selection, mixing, and pure love of DJing/music is unparalleled.

All in all a great night, despite some early hiccups. He mentioned he is trying to set up a late summer gig back in NYC in between his Ibiza gigs. So keep an eye out.

If anyone does get the audio, please let me know. I would love it!!!

Thanks,

SPAZ