Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Puerto Rican Day Parade.

no the real question is, if they love PR so much, why do they destroy the image of their culture. Instead of showing the world what history/culture they might have, they simply give the world reason to stereotype most PR's (which is wrong), but when events like the parade go down the way they do, how can you blame people when they laugh at it?

So yeah, the original poster does have a point...celebrating WHAT CULTURE? youve been around for 50 something years..you havent contributed anything, and statistics show that on the day of the parade..violence and rape is up.

no the real question is, if they love PR so much, why do they destroy the image of their culture. Instead of showing the world what history/culture they might have, they simply give the world reason to stereotype most PR's (which is wrong), but when events like the parade go down the way they do, how can you blame people when they laugh at it?

So yeah, the original poster does have a point...celebrating WHAT CULTURE? youve been around for 50 something years..you havent contributed anything, and statistics show that on the day of the parade..violence and rape is up.[/quote

It's a shame that the extremes of every ethnic group give them a bad name. Most people are cool no matter who or what they are. Do you think they should do away with this parade altogether because of all the crime that goes on?

It's a shame that the extremes of every ethnic group give them a bad name. Most people are cool no matter who or what they are. Do you think they should do away with this parade altogether because of all the crime that goes on?

perhaps if the NYPD banned alcohol along the parade route on Sunday like they do during the St Patricks Day parade, there would be fewer incidents of violence and arrests.

or the spinning hubcaps?

i saw the craziest rims yesterday on the way to Shea stadium...this GMC suv had rims that werent just spinning, they were hypnotizing with some kind of shining glitter..it was pretty distracting..not to mention the smoked out windows and grille with "teeth"...what a joke!

i saw the craziest rims yesterday on the way to Shea stadium...this GMC suv had rims that werent just spinning, they were hypnotizing with some kind of shining glitter..it was pretty distracting..not to mention the smoked out windows and grille with "teeth"...what a joke!

ohh shit.. haha thats a good one tho.anyways i'm not pr.. i'm actually Dr and my boys were braking my balls yesterday about why i wasnt in the city today" i was lmao.. through that joke.. damm white people..lol =]~

Thank you very much for the Salsa history lesson deepspell! :bowdown:

I'm grasping at straws here but what about 80's freestyle music? The artists were predominately Latin I'm guessing from Puerto Rico correct?

thank you sir

dont get me wrong i love freestyle, but if freestyle, merengue and reggaeton is what PR's have laid claim to as their "innovations" they should shoot themselves in the head :laugh:

thank you sir

dont get me wrong i love freestyle, but if freestyle, merengue and reggaeton is what PR's have laid claim to as their "innovations" they should shoot themselves in the head :laugh:

yo al merengue as you know it was started by dominicans =] so yeah

i really hope you are kidding :rolleyes:

Why would I be kidding? I've never really found parades purposeful anyway. You have to wonder about people who stand around and watch parades or the people who participate in them. Don't these people have anything better to do with their time?

What a min.....

Puerto Rico was established in the 1940's. What have they done since? What have they ever done? On top of that....HOW CAN YOU HAVE A "RICH CULTURAL HISTORY" celebrated with a parade...when there is no history.

Im confused....am i missing something?

only 120 arrests this year....not too bad. lol

great...... now tainos have only been around since the 1940's :flame: