Clubplanet Nightlife Community

divorce.

was watchign a movie earlier and was wondering why did marriages of yesteryear last longer than marriages of today? do you think they were just as problematic but since divorce was frowned upon or taboo ppl just stayed together, or do you think because ppl didnt live as long or because only one person worked or womens rights have liberated women? why do you think the divorce rates of years ago were so low and why it is almost common place today?

was watchign a movie earlier and was wondering why did marriages of yesteryear last longer than marriages of today?

...easy... women back then were "slaves" or "baby factories" ... they were a mans' possesion.....nothing more.....fact is, they (wives) were mentioned in the same sentence as the kid/ children.... not anymore...they got careers/jobs that can support themselves & their kids if worse came to worst.....a woman doesnt need to stay in a lousy relationship to survive anymore.....and moreso, like you said, it was taboo to walk out of a marriage.....if anything, they were ostracized for doing so....

...as for your querry why its so common these days.... apart from the women being independent.... divorce law has become a profitable occupation, it comes close to corporate law.... :laugh: ..... something you forgot in your post was..... "Pre-Nups" .... marriage has become a business endeavor...go figure..... lol

...easy... women back then were "slaves" or "baby factories" ... they were a mans' possesion.....nothing more.....fact is, they (wives) were mentioned in the same sentence as the kid/ children.... not anymore...they got careers/jobs that can support themselves & their kids if worse came to worst.....a woman doesnt need to stay in a lousy relationship to survive anymore.....and moreso, like you said, it was taboo to walk out of a marriage.....if anything, they were ostracized for doing so....

...as for your querry why its so common these days.... apart from the women being independent.... divorce law has become a profitable occupation, it comes close to corporate law.... :laugh: ..... something you forgot in your post was..... "Pre-Nups" .... marriage has become a business endeavor...go figure..... lol

i think you hit the nail on the head...

Geez...such a multitude of reasons. I mostly agree with what kaysersoze says. I'd like to think that people of previous generations put a higher value on marriage. I think divorce is so readily available these days that people just give up, rather than try to work through difficulties. Love is great when its new; steamy, passionate and you can't keep your hands off one another. However, somewhere down the line, that kind of love is replaced by a deeper bond. I don't think people realize this, so when the passion is gone, so is the marriage. Divorce/ breakups are so sad. If I'm ever to get married I want it to be for life. But who knows if we're really built for monogamy.

so when the passion is gone, so is the marriage. Divorce/ breakups are so sad. If I'm ever to get married I want it to be for life. But who knows if we're really built for monogamy.

Grass is greener on other side, variety is spice of life .. either way you put it ... women maybe more independent and all that other shit, but bottom line ... different cock/twat

Grass is greener on other side, variety is spice of life .. either way you put it ... women maybe more independent and all that other shit, but bottom line ... different cock/twat

...it takes a real man/woman to maintain a monogomous relationship...copping out to such a simple, animalistic excuse is lame...oh and lazy as well...we live in such a "me" world that people would rather leave a relationship than work on it...there's nothing wrong with having self-worth but there is something very wrong with quitting on something too soon....esp something that could turn into something beyond beautiful...

...it takes a real man/woman to maintain a monogomous relationship...copping out to such a simple, animalistic excuse is lame...oh and lazy as well...we live in such a "me" world that people would rather leave a relationship than work on it...there's nothing wrong with having self-worth but there is something very wrong with quitting on something too soon....esp something that could turn into something beyond beautiful...

I only stated my opinion on why marriages fail .. what you have said here is what i feel and believe ... its just to bad your right ...

its just the changing of the times. people these days consider their own long term happiness more important than trying to keep the illusion of a family for their kids, relatives and/or friends. i feel really bad for people that are tied into arranged marriages, which still occur today.

i think that religion and having good morals played a much bigger role in ppl's lives back in the day...our generation is pretty jaded and we tend to disregard morals in favor of whatever makes us happy at the moment...i think that the tradition of marriage is still definitely instilled in us though...i know a lot of ppl who are married or are getting married or are nearly married, and they really do try hard to keep marriage a sacred institution and to make it work....maybe the times have just changed, women are more dynamic now and don't do whatever their husbands want...all that i know is, i really dont want to get divorced...i will definitely try my hardest to make my marriage work when i do get married...im not sure why necessarily, but the tradition is still really important to me...

it is nice to see so many endearing and honest opinions, to those that are pursuing the long term haul, dont give up I have been married for 11 going on 12 years, to my friend that always went to "raves" with me. It is hard work and people try to f**k your sht up too(misery loves company) and for those that arent, being honest with yourself and your partners about not being sure about long term commitment is best. peace and love to all.. and may everyone find love whether its forever or for right now. :love: