Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Lawler @ Spirit TONIGHT

He actually did that a few months ago at The End here in London. And within 30 minutes of Dark Beat he played Milkshake. Awful.

ahh ..damn that....what is he thinking

danny played milkshake..well..not milkshake per se...just sampled Kelis' vocals (which r insane btw)....and that was cool..but rockin out to milkshake ..eh..i duno

Lawler's music was awesome...i loved it and correct me if I am wrong but i thought he did play the milkshake song again or was it pump up the jam? In any event, he did not play many vocals and played comparably to DT imo. But then he stopped playing at like 6 a.m....lame...most of the crowd was wack as hell though...when i started my roll and i was smiling with my eyes closed, no less than three different people felt me up...wtf... im sorry but Spirit patrons have no class whatsoever

waa waa waa.,. ugh.,. im soo beat form last nite.,. i was sooo happy to see steve lawler in new york again.,. totally blew me away, as always.,. not a big fan of the crowd that was out last nite, and i dont think the were all necessarily big lawler fans.,. i had a blast so whatever.,. steve lawler kicked off his set with some amazing great tribal and just kept it going for the most part, despite a few tracks in there that i wasn't happy with.,. all in all, good nite.,. worth going to.,. wish it went later tho, wasn't ready to leave.,.

i read on other boards lawler was throwing down some electro... can anyone confirm?? i was about to go to lawler but then at the last minute we went to see sander bc the cover was 40 for spirit.. crobarwas kinda bleh.. i was in extreme pain becaue i forgot my meds at my cousins house so i stayed for like an hour had a few drinks and left to sleep off the pain in the car... wish i coulda stayed for sander he was playing some really hard stuff..

i read on other boards lawler was throwing down some electro... can anyone confirm?? i was about to go to lawler but then at the last minute we went to see sander bc the cover was 40 for spirit.. crobarwas kinda bleh.. i was in extreme pain becaue i forgot my meds at my cousins house so i stayed for like an hour had a few drinks and left to sleep off the pain in the car... wish i coulda stayed for sander he was playing some really hard stuff..

sander was amazing from 3-6. so glad we left spirit and went to crobar. not crowded. it was like a private party. never seen sander so into it. can anyone tell me why is spirit so dark. my buddy and i were bumping people left and right. oh well. thats what makes nyc so special block away from each other, something for everyone.

sander was amazing from 3-6. so glad we left spirit and went to crobar. not crowded. it was like a private party. never seen sander so into it. can anyone tell me why is spirit so dark. my buddy and i were bumping people left and right. oh well. thats what makes nyc so special block away from each other, something for everyone.

i was there from 1:30 to about 3:00.. what a waste of money.. i like the darkness associated with spirit.. it adds a certain ghetto element to the club which clubs are lacking nowadays.. crobar was like that earlier in the night.. no lights... just the discoball with a blue light shined on it... it was a really cool effect.. first time i ever paid attention to lighting in a club..

the only track i really remember sander spinning was the "you got to believe" track.. had me going for a bit..

read my post..it wasnt milkshake damnit!!! dont do that to danny!!...he sampled her vocals..thats it :argue2:

Although not a big fan of the Kelis version, there are a few good remixes out there. I remember Jon Carter playing one (maybe the X-PRESS 2 one?) at The End in London over a year ago and being shocked at how great it sounded.

As for last night......

Wasn't quite sure what to expect, but definitely had a lot of fun.

I thought the night took a while to get going, but around 3.30am it really took off. Disappointed that it finished bang on 6 though?? Crowd wasn't the worst I've experienced over here, but definitely not the best.

lawler played pump up the jam at roxy. didnt hear it last night? altho i left at 5:15.

milkshake is fine every dj has played it at 1 time.

dark beat i dont think lawler plays it anymore.

altho the spirit crowd was kinda random & had some 'come here often?' people, actually spirit is getting better crowds lately for howells & DT than it had in 2004.

hope dj vibe comes back there soon too.

got to spirit around 2 . . . when lawler just went on basically . . . i thought the crowd was alright, mainly hung out with my friends, the energy of the crowd i thought was weak and the music was pretty good and kept me moving . . . . . . i thought lawler got off way to early 6 am come on now?!?

Although not a big fan of the Kelis version, there are a few good remixes out there. I remember Jon Carter playing one (maybe the X-PRESS 2 one?) at The End in London over a year ago and being shocked at how great it sounded.

As for last night......

Wasn't quite sure what to expect, but definitely had a lot of fun.

I thought the night took a while to get going, but around 3.30am it really took off. Disappointed that it finished bang on 6 though?? Crowd wasn't the worst I've experienced over here, but definitely not the best.

i think danny rocked that xpress version too

lawler played pump up the jam at roxy. didnt hear it last night? altho i left at 5:15.

milkshake is fine every dj has played it at 1 time.

dark beat i dont think lawler plays it anymore.

altho the spirit crowd was kinda random & had some 'come here often?' people, actually spirit is getting better crowds lately for howells & DT than it had in 2004.

hope dj vibe comes back there soon too.

when he does come back he's gonna kill that sound system once again. cant wait.

i wasn't feeling lawler at all from around 2-3? whatever he was playing was definitly not my particularly favorite genre but from then on until i left at 6? he was awesome. he really turned it out and i haven't seen a dj do what he did at spirit yet. lawler definitely knows how to play a big room and get everyone dancing. his track selection IMO was just ok but enough to keep me satisfied.

i really love that it's so dark there. the upstairs is great too for sitting, talking and being a mess. the atmosphere is so laid back there, i'm glad we have a big club that doesn't defy what nyc is supposed to be. :)

it was nice meeting some of you, jessynergy and ibrandon. :) i hope you guys had fun as well.

Lawler was good, nothing amazing, but a solid set overall. Crowd was weak, very weak, but that's typical of NYC's big room parties these days, so not unexpected.

i thought the energy on the main floor was slightly better than usual. at around 4-5 seemed like a lot of people were really feeling lawler more than they were earlier in the night..

My late review:

I got there around midnight. When I first walked in it was dead! People started filling in slowly as time went on. Oh yea, I saw that cat fight around 1:30 in the corner. Nothing like asian chicks going at it and seeing jacked bartenders jumping over the bar to break it up. Lawler came on around 2am and the first track was banging. Overall, I enjoyed the energy through out the night. I saw Lawler at State during WMC and thought his set at Spirit was much better. I left around 6am when he was just getting off. The crowd was so-so. All and all good night and I look forward to Lawler coming back to NYC.

i think the best i ever saw him was at wmc last year.,. but i still had an amazing time this past friday.,. just wish it went past 6am.,. that was a total bummer

yeahh i wish it went longer as well but i dont think the crowd was giving him 2 much energy =( . . . i think i saw ya

WHAT...for those that didn't think Lawler was all that at Spirit...you guys are deaf. His set was Awesome!! All I have to say is WOW WHAT A NIGHT!! He played drums in the beginning, which I love - to me drums are an aphrodisiac - However, he played a lot of that new sound he's into at the moment. I thought the crowd was cool. I thought it was going to be very young but it was nice, unless I wasn't paying attention..? My friends and I bought two bottles and had our own little section by the couches right next to the DJ stage. We couldn't have asked for nicer setup :) Like always I had heels on and my feet were killing me but I stayed until the very end....thanks to Red Bull & Grey Goose. You always have your cracked out people at these parties but who are we kidding we've all been in that state of mind one time or another.

Late review as well... but I had a such a great time!

First time for me at at the venue since it was renamed/remodelled (with the exception of seeing Thievery Corporation a few weeks ago) on a club night, and I gotta say the sound system in there is bangin. Another huge plus for me is the fact that its very very dark. Love it.

Lawler... one of my top three... tore it up. I also saw him at State at this past WMC and his set here jived with me much much more. Crowd was fine.. it wasnt super packed which i really liked since my girlfriend and I could dance around and enjoy ourselves. Also ran into a bunch of friends that I didnt expect to see there and that just made things nicer... and well.. it was an amazing night.