Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tattoo - do your parents know?

Both my parent's know that I have tattoo's. My mom didn't say anything about them and neither did my father. But when I got my first two I lived with my grandparent's and the next day after I got my second one done I asked my grandmother to put the cream on my back and when she saw it she was like, "What the hell is that?" but she got over it, and now I'm getting ready to go for my fourth one.

well, so i called my mom last night cause i had to arrange planet tickets for our vacation coming up. blah. anywya, she answered the phone totally normal "hi sweetie". and ended the convo normal "alright love, c u soon." hahahahhah, i guess she's over it.

my parents know...they freaked when they found out. i was hospitalized and you know how those hospital robes are. they don't cover everything. i told her it was fake and she started scratching it. she freaked when she realized it was real. she didn't ignore me but she was really disappointed. i still remember seeing the hurt on her face. this happened eight years ago.

my grandparents saw it last month when we went to vegas. they didn't freak out. haha

I didn't know you had a tattoo! What is it?? Girl, if i got one, I'd be disowned... :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

i have 15 of them, my parents know of a few. the despise them. when my father saw one of them for the 1st time, i swore him to secrecy from my mom. when she saw one of them for the first time (it was a different one) i swore her to secrecy from my dad. obviously they talk.

now 4 out of 15 have been spotted.

good thing i dont live at home.

my parents know about 6 of my seven.. i'm getting another one on friday.. they'll know about those eventually.. they're both pretty big and on my arm. they were surprisingly cool about all of them, my dad more so than my mom.

the last two that she saw she was like, "you're ruining your body" but my dad thinks they're cool. my parents are pretty open-minded and very intelligent people. i guess they understand that this body is just a vessel and my skin is not really who i am.. and they love me for me.. despite what i may do to my body. i could be doing much worse things.

• 3 weeks later...

My mom and grandma found out about mine a few months after I got it b/c I forgot to cover it when I was wearing a bathing suit...my grandma's reaction was, "what are the doctor's going to think if you have to get a hip replacement?!" They just kind of laughed though. My dad believed mine was fake, until he realized it was still there years later...he just laughed too. He can't complain since he has his ex-wife's name tattooed on him, haha.

I have a pretty big one on my back that I been workin on since I was 17 and a few other little ones all over my body. My mom knows, she never really cared, you can't see them unless I show them or wear something that shows them, but she would get mad if I had them on my hands or arms.

I love my tats!

Parents can be a real pain, they blow everything out of portion!

I found the trick is to turn the tables on them. when my mom found out i told her i'd had it years and i did tell her at the time but obviously she doesn't listen to a word i say.

She felt bad for not listening and seemed to forget about the tattoo part - bonus

• 11 months later...
yeah, my mom is real tradiational, so she now thinks im an automatic whore/alocoholic. awesome. :yuck: :yuck: but i think she's starting to lighten up. she told my ssiter that she just doesnt want me getting another one.

Your mom will understand that a simple work of art that YOU wanted imprinted on your skin does not change who you are. You are still her daughter and still the person that she spoke to everyday with the same attitude before she actually viewed it. My mother understood this much. Depending on what is tattooed....is art. And should be taken as nothing less. If my 8 year old daughter came to me when she was 16 and said, "Mom, I want a tat." My first question would be what is it and where? I would never deny her of that freedom. I draw tats and have my own prefrences of what I will do for people and what I won't. If you get something silly, I can understand the disappointment. But if you get something meaningful and sentimental......disappointment is for the close-minded ma'.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
so tell them to fuck off... who cares if they dont talk to you or speak with you. worse case scenario, you move out... oh no not that! fuck them.

That's great advice, what a fucking moron!!! They must have found you in the garbage!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...