Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Tenaglia @ Spirit, Fri 7/1

spirit-0701-f.gif

Friday, July 1st, 2005

Doors open at 11pm. 18 and over.

Captain Tenaglia fights the forces of evil (read: BAD) music. He strikes at the villainous empire and declares independence for our tortured ears.

Celebrate your freedom...and BE YOURSELF!

Spirit

530 West 27th Street

(btw 10th & 11th Avenues)

Click here for $30 advance tickets.

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=detail&event=610310&REFID=clubp

i have that same dilemma... anyone wanna start a pros and cons list? :type:

Go to both! I think DT will still be spinnin till about 10-11am.

If I had to choose one or the other though...hmm...depends on what kind of music you're feelin tonite... house/tribal/tech w/a lil prog vs. crazy tech trance borderline goa/psy trance??

Hmm...I don't know...what've these guys been spinning lately?

what time did dt finish??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting Im a huge DT fan and have seen many many sets since old twilo & tunnel and of course tons at vinyl, arc & also in miami at space a few times.

so DT has of course played some of the very greatest sets ive ever heard & many days I think hes my fave dj [sometimes I think its derrick carter, or coxy, even lawler, but usually i think DT is #1.

I loved DT's crobar & the previous spirit set this year. but to me, the 6 hours I heard friday night were too hard, too techno, not as much of the progg that i love from DT.

now let me say this, his skils were thoroughly amazing last night. even if I didnt like the weird tech sounds, the way he would bang into the next track perfectly was amazing.

I did like his opening few tracks, very deep & soulful.

then he cranked the techno up so hard & heavy until 4-5 am.

my fave tracks were the progg and tech house he played betw 4;30 - 5 am.

he played this epic hard trance number, with a mechanical male vocal: ID anyone?

the next track was what he called 'my new fave song' and it was AWESOME!!!

it sounded llike new order or kraftwerk chord progressions and some weird pitching or swirling vocal/beat effects or something. WO# that was hot! at 4:40 or so.

then he played that progg/deep track '1 time for the underground'.

so ILOVED the progg from 4:30-5.

then he went back to the techy banging til i left at 6.

also i was hanging on the sofas in the asian corner and a HUGE argument broke out at 5:15 where 10 guys were about to beat up a few others.

they settled it themselves by scooting away the offensive asian(s) but it was a scary scene to see, and NO SECURITY there at all!!

despite my seeing 2 other guys thrown out by the middle banquettes.

what is it with the asians who come with such bad vibes?

the girls seem to enjoy dancing & some of the guys are having fun but they mainly look really cracked out & have huge frowns on their faces.

imo DTs last spirit set was musically better.

but admittedly his mixing and skill in the techy zone was beyond amazing- its just not my fave DT style to hear.

he used to play so HOUSEY at tunnel, and vinyl!!

tons of sweet vocal house bombs!! now its so much hard boom boom...

he played that 'this is the real life' song for about 10 mins, too hard & droning for me.

why does DT try to be carl cox? coxy is the only hard techno dj that i love 100% cos he yusually whips out some disco or hard funk as the payoff.

oh well. I still loved about 5 tracks on the night, 'be yourself'' was hot. had some fun dances. met some cool peeps like bryan and katie. actually the 2nd floor lounge was a nice break, heard FLASH there.

made it from 12-6: but wld have stayed longer if i heard more vocals- progg- deep house.

much respect to DJ DT. mixing skills on the night 4 stars of five.

.music & crowd... **3/4 stars. =

averages out to about ***1/2 stars overall

[thats one of my lowest DT party ratings in awhile

crobar birthday was ****1/2 + & last spirit be yrself anniv set was at least **** imo. ]

just 1 DT fans opinion.

Im sure he played the music I needed from 6-12. what time did he stop actually??

what time did dt finish??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting Im a huge DT fan and have seen many many sets since old twilo & tunnel and of course tons at vinyl, arc & also in miami at space a few times.

so DT has of course played some of the very greatest sets ive ever heard & many days I think hes my fave dj [sometimes I think its derrick carter, or coxy, even lawler, but usually i think DT is #1.

I loved DT's crobar & the previous spirit set this year. but to me, the 6 hours I heard friday night were too hard, too techno, not as much of the progg that i love from DT.

now let me say this, his skils were thoroughly amazing last night. even if I didnt like the weird tech sounds, the way he would bang into the next track perfectly was amazing.

I did like his opening few tracks, very deep & soulful.

then he cranked the techno up so hard & heavy until 4-5 am.

my fave tracks were the progg and tech house he played betw 4;30 - 5 am.

he played this epic hard trance number, with a mechanical male vocal: ID anyone?

the next track was what he called 'my new fave song' and it was AWESOME!!!

it sounded llike new order or kraftwerk chord progressions and some weird pitching or swirling vocal/beat effects or something. WO# that was hot! at 4:40 or so.

then he played that progg/deep track '1 time for the underground'.

so ILOVED the progg from 4:30-5.

then he went back to the techy banging til i left at 6.

also i was hanging on the sofas in the asian corner and a HUGE argument broke out at 5:15 where 10 guys were about to beat up a few others.

they settled it themselves by scooting away the offensive asian(s) but it was a scary scene to see, and NO SECURITY there at all!!

despite my seeing 2 other guys thrown out by the middle banquettes.

what is it with the asians who come with such bad vibes?

the girls seem to enjoy dancing & some of the guys are having fun but they mainly look really cracked out & have huge frowns on their faces.

imo DTs last spirit set was musically better.

but admittedly his mixing and skill in the techy zone was beyond amazing- its just not my fave DT style to hear.

he used to play so HOUSEY at tunnel, and vinyl!!

tons of sweet vocal house bombs!! now its so much hard boom boom...

he played that 'this is the real life' song for about 10 mins, too hard & droning for me.

why does DT try to be carl cox? coxy is the only hard techno dj that i love 100% cos he yusually whips out some disco or hard funk as the payoff.

oh well. I still loved about 5 tracks on the night, 'be yourself'' was hot. had some fun dances. met some cool peeps like bryan and katie. actually the 2nd floor lounge was a nice break, heard FLASH there.

made it from 12-6: but wld have stayed longer if i heard more vocals- progg- deep house.

much respect to DJ DT. mixing skills on the night 4 stars of five.

.music & crowd... **3/4 stars. =

averages out to about ***1/2 stars overall

[thats one of my lowest DT party ratings in awhile

crobar birthday was ****1/2 + & last spirit be yrself anniv set was at least **** imo. ]

just 1 DT fans opinion.

Im sure he played the music I needed from 6-12. what time did he stop actually??

He stopped at 12. He spoke to us, gave his e-mail address out and asked if any of us left wanted to be put on list to come see him for free in Miami...he's so sweett...He played some softer songs like Take me to the Water Summertime (some 80's hit i think), mixed it up with Dibiza (which was awesome) and then ended after he played that old song Eye in the Sky by I think it he said Parson poroject???? (it was a nice soft song to end with)...