Clubplanet Nightlife Community

War Of The Worlds

tigerclaw

The movie opened today, But I will try to see it tomorrow, Have any of you guys were fortunate to see it today?, If so, Post your reviews here.

Loved it.. I think the hype paid off.. Havent seen a movie of this style to leave me pleased.

Wassup guys, Just came from seeing the movie, I saw it at 2:40pm (Est) in the afternoon, I only wish there were more people in the theater, The place was partially empty with the exception of some people in there, Anyways. As for my review. Let me just say that I never read the original book, My only memories of War of The World was the 1953 movie which I have vage memories of seeing when I was young, I heard the entire 1939 radio play before, So speaking as to if this version lives up to the book, I wouldn't know since I never read it, But anyways. I'm a huge scifi fan, Since I was little. When I first saw star wars, It was the one movie that got me hooked into scifi, So in the past I seen many great scifi films that brings out the little kid in me, Anyways, The movie. In my opinion, This was the best alien invasion film I ever seen, I was a fan of ID4 when it came out, But that movie wasn't a true alien invasion film in the sense that it combine elements of disaster movies, But with aliens thrown in, This on the other hand, Is a 100% true alien invasion film, You get to see things on a personal level like anyone would if it were to happen in real life, The action was relentless from start to finish, the moment those tripods emerge, I was blown away by there apearance, When they start powering up, It sounds like a jet engine when it's started, I love the sound they make when they are calling the others, It's a very loud humming sound, Also, The sound of the heatray was awesome, It's sort of this really loud buzz, The proformances were fantastic, Tom Cruise did a fantastic job at portraying your average joe, But with a bit of a New Jersey accent, Plus, Tim Robbins, He did a an incredible job at playing someone on the brink of insanity, You can't help but feel for him for his lost, While at the same time, Become disturb at his action of wanting to fight the aliens, Even though it would be impossible, Anyways, The ending of the film was fantastic, It was said that the end of the movie would nether stray or mimmic the book, But I think it does, The aliens did die of the same things thats been plagueing humans for years. I feel as though, That there might be deleted scenes, I remember reading the cast list on someone cast as the Doomsday Guy, I can only hope that we see deleted scenes on the DVD when it comes out durring the fall season, It will be load with extras and I hope it's a two disc set as apose to a 1 disc with very little to offer, Anyways, This movie is a surround sound fans dream and, I cannot wait to own this when it comes out on DVD in a few months.

i wouldnt go as far as saying that it was the best movie ever...but it was entertaining.

i liked that part of it took place in nyc, although i am not sure exactly where yet...anyone know what bridge tom cruise's character lived near?

i wouldnt go as far as saying that it was the best movie ever...but it was entertaining.

i liked that part of it took place in nyc, although i am not sure exactly where yet...anyone know what bridge tom cruise's character lived near?

Personally, I feel this is the best movie ever, It's better the Independence Day.

I like War Of The World cause, The way it aproach the whole alien invasion, Rather then focusing too much on different parts of the world, It focused on one family, Think about it, If this were to happen in your backyard, Wouldn't you just freak out and get out of dodge?, I'm not the one to stick around durring an attack, I be running like hell, Heh.