Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT Review @ Spirit

Figured I'll start the review thread. Spirit didn't open until around midnight. Got in around midnight and our names were on a guestlist, in which the price was suppose to be $30. Funny how how the lady goes "oh ya $30 was a mistake it's $35 on a guestlist." Mistake? It took a lot not telling this lady off but I wanted to enjoy DT so I got sucked in and payed the damn $35. At first it was pretty dead. Actually, the entire night it was never fully packed. Always able to find room to dance. I had a good time and I think DT dropped some sick beats especially after 3am. Oh ya, while in line I hear "anyone have any requests?" I turn around and there is Danny talking to everyone in line. Pretty cool to see a DJ come out and talk to his fans in line. Also, when that fight broke out in the middle of the dance floor, danny goes "play nice now." Funny little guy. Ok that's enough for now. See ya next time Danny!

Dannys set was un fuckin real...i couldnt stop movin...there really was a great vibe in there....place was packed....good dancers....good lookin girlies....It was a wonderful way 2 spend my bday....Danny thank u very much for making this 1 a nite i will never 4get but having trouble remembering!! very suprised in the beginnng he was playin like u were listening to subliminal def started the nite of good....then he worked his way in and did his magic and then it was into 1 redic track after another making people not wanna..... the decor i must was fantastic...the shout outs were reall was a great feeling to a few of my friends that had joined us.....the bday shout out...not quite sure what the closing time was exactly..i believe i left in the middle of it....i know i dunt know why i jus had no say in the sitution my ride was leaving and i wasent troopin.... tracks that i can remember:

Celeda - Be yourself i think it was the acca over another beat not sure!!

Pashka - Island Breeze (omg he tore shit up after he dropped this)

KOT-finally

Kimara Lovelace - Only you

Some track about Fuckin a washing machine or some shit

Modjo- Lady

Kobbe & Nitro - America 2005 (tribal mayham)

theres some whores in this house

a sickk track that said a few words and the lastword was Cracks!!!

rui da silva- Touch me

Flash

DIBZIA

Twisted

Street Carnaval (wha sounded to me like 3 different versions)thru out the nite

C&C Music Factory - True House Music

and im pretty sure he droped native women as well

Dynamic Sound - Tribal Nation

Annihalte

Jorge Jaramillo - Ugly people be quite

pappa & Gilbey - twisted (eeds accorsi)

Paul johnson - Follow this Beat (Andrea Doria)

he also dropped a track that sounded similar to gehts noch

tribal attack ep - DJ Vincent - Free your mind

Saxo feat Tam Tam - jungle party

well this is what i heard lastnite....if some of the tracks i listed werent even played at all please refresh my memory and if u have tracks that werent listed...post them please

I love Danny soooooooooooooooo fucking much!!!! :mad:

I had a great time, he dropped some SERIOUS fiyah...I liked this track called "Let's Get Twisted" and something called "Feel It"??? It's always hard to know what names they are... :laugh:

Who sings Touch Me In The Morning? That took me to the Space patio Sundays, back when I was there for the conference two years ago and didn't make it home til May! :laugh:

It was so good to see him again, I miss him and his flashlights and his wonderful energy, and just that whole vibe! :D

I didn't see a LOT of the regulars, guess they are away but I think he is coming back pretty soon...

the id is "rui da silva-touch me" great tune btw

I love Danny soooooooooooooooo fucking much!!!! :mad:

Who sings Touch Me In The Morning? That took me to the Space patio Sundays, back when I was there for the conference two years ago and didn't make it home til May! :laugh:

It had been a while since I last went to Spirit. The last time I was there JP was still playing on Sat's. Arrived there like around 1:30 -1:45 AMish. Hadn't seen Tenaglia in ages and didn't know if he had changed his style at all or NOT. Well after hearing him last night I realized why he's one of the best dj's in the world. He's not only a great dj, but yesterday he was really into the crowd. His energy and the effort he puts into his sets is what makes him such a draw!! Most djs are into their sets, but Tenaglia brings an energy unlike no other. If he's not using his flashlights to get you to notice him he gets on the mic and talks to the crowd or just greets everyone when he gets a chance. DT knows how to work crowd!This is what makes him such a unique dj. He played some classic dance tracks and played also some new ones that I've never heard of before. He showcased one of his newest tracks that he was really into. I didn't know the name of it. His set took awhile to get me going, but it eventually got me going!! I left at 7am. Overall it was a great night!! Liz, next time eat your wheaties before you go out!! Brandon it was nice meeting you for the 1st time and Dave where in the blue hell were you? I'm wondering what time DT finally closed it down?

interesting Im a huge DT fan and have seen many many sets since old twilo & tunnel and of course tons at vinyl, arc & also in miami at space a few times.

so DT has of course played some of the very greatest sets ive ever heard & many days I think hes my fave dj [sometimes I think its derrick carter, or coxy, even lawler, but usually i think DT is #1.

I loved DT's crobar & the previous spirit set this year. but to me, the 6 hours I heard friday night were too hard, too techno, not as much of the progg that i love from DT.

now let me say this, his skils were thoroughly amazing last night. even if I didnt like the weird tech sounds, the way he would bang into the next track perfectly was amazing.

I did like his opening few tracks, very deep & soulful.

then he cranked the techno up so hard & heavy until 4-5 am.

my fave tracks were the progg and tech house he played betw 4;30 - 5 am.

he played this epic hard trance number, with a mechanical male vocal: ID anyone?

the next track was what he called 'my new fave song' and it was AWESOME!!!

it sounded llike new order or kraftwerk chord progressions and some weird pitching or swirling vocal/beat effects or something. WO# that was hot! at 4:40 or so.

then he played that progg/deep track '1 time for the underground'.

so ILOVED the progg from 4:30-5.

then he went back to the techy banging til i left at 6.

also i was hanging on the sofas in the asian corner and a HUGE argument broke out at 5:15 where 10 guys were about to beat up a few others.

they settled it themselves by scooting away the offensive asian(s) but it was a scary scene to see, and NO SECURITY there at all!!

despite my seeing 2 other guys thrown out by the middle banquettes.

what is it with the asians who come with such bad vibes?

the girls seem to enjoy dancing & some of the guys are having fun but they mainly look really cracked out & have huge frowns on their faces.

imo DTs last spirit set was musically better.

but admittedly his mixing and skill in the techy zone was beyond amazing- its just not my fave DT style to hear.

he used to play so HOUSEY at tunnel, and vinyl!!

tons of sweet vocal house bombs!! now its so much hard boom boom...

he played that 'this is the real life' song for about 10 mins, too hard & droning for me.

why does DT try to be carl cox? coxy is the only hard techno dj that i love 100% cos he yusually whips out some disco or hard funk as the payoff.

oh well. I still loved about 5 tracks on the night, 'be yourself'' was hot. had some fun dances. met some cool peeps like bryan and katie. actually the 2nd floor lounge was a nice break, heard FLASH there.

made it from 12-6: but wld have stayed longer if i heard more vocals- progg- deep house.

much respect to DJ DT. mixing skills on the night 4 stars of five.

.music & crowd... **3/4 stars. =

averages out to about ***1/2 stars overall

[thats one of my lowest DT party ratings in awhile

crobar birthday was ****1/2 + & last spirit be yrself anniv set was at least **** imo. ]

just 1 DT fans opinion.

Im sure he played the music I needed from 6-12. what time did he stop actually??

Got there around 11:30 PM

Thought his set was incredible. Thought he dropped some BOMS around 3-4 AM.

I agree the place was not "that" crowded.

Only stayed until 7 am, I need to start arriving later!

I need to know the name of the track he played after he said "This is my new favorite track"

i had all the plans to go to this and things changed the last minute . . . great reviews from DT . . . soo pissed im missed him :mad:

Hes playing at ULTRA music festival in sept. And also at Crobar in the near future (date TBA). Hope to see ya there!

yeahhh i know about ultra . . . when is he playing @ crobar !?!?!?! :type:

rumor was, that is was going to be July 2nd. I was reading in his forum that he is definately doing it in the near future. (My guess, by Sept)

Sikk - My Washing Machine

This is a long shot, but isn't this the track Nic Fanciulli dropped when he was spinnin with Bill Patrick @ Spirit wayyyy back in the early spring? If so, that track rocks!! I was dyin when I heard it... it's so funny... I left DT wayyy too early to hear him spin it :splat:

"...who broke mah washing machine!?!?!" :splat::laugh:

LOVED the decorations... the foil covered columns and foil spirals hangin from the ceiling were awesome... they shoulda plastered that stuff everywhere like they did at ARC!

I was flippin out when I saw what was some girl standin up against the column, wrapped herself in the foil, and moved side to side... all u could see was her head stickin out the top with her shades on... looked like the column was morphin & moving... :shake::spin2::laugh: