Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Believe in Harvey!

digital7

Friday July 15th... Nocturnal Rooftop

Aquabooty presents:

DJ HARVEY (London / LA) Black Cock Records, Map of Africa, Ministry of Sound

w/ residents DHM

"Live Fashion Vandalism" WE Rd F CkR by: Ryan Simmons Ferrell & Faction by: R. Grimes

Your Clothes Make Great Canvas..

Bring your old clothes to be custom painted & silkscreend live!

1st floor Dj Craze & Sky Nellor

Nocturnal 50 ne 11th st Downtown Miami Fl

Doors 11pm

Harvey_front.jpg

Harvey is today one of the most respected DJs in the world who’s appeal crosses the genres of music and clubbing community. His DJ talents are in demand throughout England, Europe and the world.

He maintains a cult like following in places as far-flung as Singapore and Japan where there is a record store named after his lo-fi Black Cock record label. He was the first British DJ invited to play at the Ministry Of Sound and later became resident on both Friday and Saturday. This resulted in his first compilation mix album to date “Late Night Sessionsâ€.

Harvey further cemented his reputation with his own night “Moist†at the Gardening Club. It was here he brought over some of the greatest New York DJs including Larry Levan, Francois Kevorkian and Kenny Carpenter all of whom were still relatively unknown and unheard of in this country. Playing his fabled six-hour mix of disco, house, garage and dancefloor friendly rock records, a sound he has carried through to his later residencies, notably the celebrated New Hard Left at the Blue Note. Today, amongst his regular gigs, Harvey is a regular guest @ Francois K's Deep Space Party in NYC.

He has released tracks under various pseudonyms on labels such as Mo’ Wax, Dorado, Ministry Of Sound, Skint and Junior Boys Own. He has produced and remixed tracks for Jamiroquai, Brand New Heavies, Ian Brown, Stereo MCs,The Police and Cornershop as befits his eclectic style. Always one of our favorite guests and always a surprise... "The Harvey Experience" is not to be missed!

Rsvp - tomas@aquabooty.com

Support great music >

Did you have fun this time???

It was great! DHM played a phenomenal opening set. We got there at around 11:45. I'm not sure if Edwin spun. Stephen and Omar rocked! Right after Omar, Harvey went on. For those of you who were at the Pawn Shop last time time, this was 10 times better! As usual, no problems for me at the door (Jaime rocks). Naturally, I ended up drinking way more than I intended to. Good times, some familiar faces and great music. More Aquabooty in 2 weeks for me. Thanks Joe & Tomas, Jaime and Dade.

P.S. The Colombian moderator remains a bitch (second only to koky). :D