Clubplanet Nightlife Community

drums at clubs

Maybe I'm the only person that's bothered by this, but does anyone else hate when they have a little drum set deal going at smaller clubs? At most of the places they do it the music usually sucks anyway, or sometimes it actually goes with the music, but I heard Porter spin awhile back at Movida and it was SO ANNOYING! The stupid drums were totally drowning out the music. If I wanted to hear someone bang on some bongos I would go hang out in the subway!

I dig the percussion along with the DJ but the guy has to be very good and it has to go along with the music the dj is spinning. For bigger clubs and big name dj's i would rather the focus just be on the music w/o the drums. But for a lounge setting i dig it.

all drummers have annoyed me adn i think are not good for the scene, with the exception of one GUY. And his name is JIMMY LOPEZ, you can catch him at le souk weds and tues and thurs i think. The man since the first time i heard him compliments the djs very well, and every dj that has pass thru le souk agree and what him to play when they play their. He is that good, everyone else is just annoying.

all drummers have annoyed me adn i think are not good for the scene, with the exception of one GUY. And his name is JIMMY LOPEZ, you can catch him at le souk weds and tues and thurs i think. The man since the first time i heard him compliments the djs very well, and every dj that has pass thru le souk agree and what him to play when they play their. He is that good, everyone else is just annoying.

Blah blah, drummers have more musical talent than DJs.

i think that shit is awesome.. bringing organic, real and natural sounds to an other wise chemical sounding atmosphere.. parties always seem more underground and tribal and the party goers usually seem down for it.

i always liked it at le souk and at show... gives the night a dramatic, performance feel.

Ya I hate that.....I like the bass pounding out of the speakers. The whole drums thing just takes away from that SICK BEAT!!!!

So comforting that ppl share my hatred of those little drums! They are fucking annoying !!! Good thing - I thought it was something totally trendy that I personally didn't get!

Whatever happened to just going to Centro-Fly (small club) and getting a night of really great new fresh progressive H O U S E ??? !!!