Clubplanet Nightlife Community

D'Jais Hunka Bunka Reunion This Saturday!

D'Jais The Biggest weekend Yet!

Thursday 7.28.05

Thursday Love is in The Air!!

Valentines Theme Party Think Red!!! Wear Red!

Boa's Firehats U Name it!

Friday 7.29.05

Z100's First Ever Double Live Broadcast 6pm till close!!!

Z100 5 O'Clock Whistle

Happy Hour 5 til 9

6-8pm with Niko and Romeo & Then all nite with Skerry Jones

DJ Kirk Lopez & Kipples

Saturday Night July 30th The Long awaited classics nite!!!

Hunka Bunka Reunion (The Best Club ever to grace NJ)

Rewind to the Hunka Bunka classics music from 1998-2002

Starts Early w/ a special guest DJ Set by the Bday Boy Denny Tsettos 7:30

then till close classics with DJ's Kirk Lopez and Kipples

live performance by JANA the classic "More then life"

plus 500 Hunka Bunka Classic CD giveaway

Sunday July 31st

"Off the Beach"

Happy Hour 3-7 DJ's Kipples & Cavallo

8pm Early Show Amuka "Appreciate Me" and her new club anthem

U AIN'T THAT GOOD -

w/ DJ Jason Ojeda

joins Kirk Lopez

"In the Biz" 7pm-2am

big loss to the nj scene....kind of fell apart since

I loved Hunka Bunka, spent allot of great nights there...

But one question....

The club was a success on how it was run and of course because of the people...the Customers....Right???

We loved the place soo much. Why didnt they give something back to the loyal customers and have a closing party? I am bitter towards the owners for doing that....

I guess they didnt care about "us".... Please explain this to me.. Just not fair......

Thanks

:confused:

I am bitter towards the owners for doing that....

I guess they didnt care about "us".... Please explain this to me.. Just not fair......

Thanks

:confused:

hows this for an idea

Go to Djais on saturday nite and ask to speak Frank, Kip or Bill about your problem. They are all stand up guys and i am sure they will give you an explanation.

D'Jais The Biggest weekend Yet!

Thursday 7.28.05

Thursday Love is in The Air!!

Valentines Theme Party Think Red!!! Wear Red!

Boa's Firehats U Name it!

Friday 7.29.05

Z100's First Ever Double Live Broadcast 6pm till close!!!

Z100 5 O'Clock Whistle

Happy Hour 5 til 9

6-8pm with Niko and Romeo & Then all nite with Skerry Jones

DJ Kirk Lopez & Kipples

Saturday Night July 30th The Long awaited classics nite!!!

Hunka Bunka Reunion (The Best Club ever to grace NJ)

Rewind to the Hunka Bunka classics music from 1998-2002

Starts Early w/ a special guest DJ Set by the Bday Boy Denny Tsettos 7:30

then till close classics with DJ's Kirk Lopez and Kipples

live performance by JANA the classic "More then life"

plus 500 Hunka Bunka Classic CD giveaway

Sunday July 31st

"Off the Beach"

Happy Hour 3-7 DJ's Kipples & Cavallo

8pm Early Show Amuka "Appreciate Me" and her new club anthem

U AIN'T THAT GOOD -

w/ DJ Jason Ojeda

joins Kirk Lopez

"In the Biz" 7pm-2am

Bunka Saturdays......when there was life after Labor day weekend. How about:

a) Pregaming at the World Bar

B) confetti followed by raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

c) Silverballs :bowdown:

d) the 50 year old arab guy who used to dance from 9pm-10pm

e) Hip hop separate from the main floor

f) Kirk spinning 3 hours without a hip hop set requirement :bowdown:

g) the hardcore early crowd

h) 2nd best stage ever...2nd only to djais stage

i) Hottest bartending staff around...girl and guy

j) Best dancefloor...hands down

k) promoters who knew how to throw a party consistently and treated their clientele right

This was a club that did everything right...if they'd only get together again to show NJ how its done. The existing clubs are great in the winter....but hey, we all know they're no Bunka. the scene has lost its luster in the winter since the day it closed. Long live the Djais Bunka Reunion parties!

B) confetti followed by raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

k) promoters who knew how to throw a party consistently and treated their clientele right

This was a club that did everything right...if they'd only get together again to show NJ how its done. The existing clubs are great in the winter....but hey, we all know they're no Bunka. the scene has lost its luster in the winter since the day it closed. Long live the Djais Bunka Reunion parties!

sweetheart, this post should be a seperate Hunka Bunka Appreciation thread...however, the only thing I strongly disagree with is H) BUNKAS HAD THE 1# STAGE - only b/c me and my girls were on it every Sat ...ahhh the memories

i think one of the biggest problems that made alot of clubs go downhill were all the guestlists. i worked with bon and joey for a good 2-3 years. started with them over at stingrays and moved over to bunka and had the best clubbin years of my life. still to this day too. we had our crew of promoters and we went out and did our job everyday with flyers and word of mouth. a few years go past and everyone wanted to be a promoter and have there own guestlist. dont get me wrong alot of people did do good but alot of people just wanted to get in free and call themselves a big shot. i think the biggest downfall is when sayreville pulled back the closing time to 2am from 3am. then another is when bunka and abyss got there raid and it seemed like it started to break up from there. alot of crews broke up and did there own thing. but thats the way it happens. good things and great parties dont last forever but we will remember them forever. i loved all the partys, the opening funktion party with acid and skribble, heat fridays with richie santana, silver ball saturdays with the best djs in the area, the time rave for new years, all the teen nights and concerts. shit i remember when we had n'sync there with like a few thousand girls standing online just to get in. ahhhhh memories. ill always miss the nights at bunka and if there is ever a reunion at the starland then i will be the first one to wait on line there, lol.

Z

aka Jackoff - HB promo name

i think one of the biggest problems that made alot of clubs go downhill were all the guestlists. i worked with bon and joey for a good 2-3 years. started with them over at stingrays and moved over to bunka and had the best clubbin years of my life. still to this day too. we had our crew of promoters and we went out and did our job everyday with flyers and word of mouth. a few years go past and everyone wanted to be a promoter and have there own guestlist. dont get me wrong alot of people did do good but alot of people just wanted to get in free and call themselves a big shot. i think the biggest downfall is when sayreville pulled back the closing time to 2am from 3am. then another is when bunka and abyss got there raid and it seemed like it started to break up from there. alot of crews broke up and did there own thing. but thats the way it happens. good things and great parties dont last forever but we will remember them forever. i loved all the partys, the opening funktion party with acid and skribble, heat fridays with richie santana, silver ball saturdays with the best djs in the area, the time rave for new years, all the teen nights and concerts. shit i remember when we had n'sync there with like a few thousand girls standing online just to get in. ahhhhh memories. ill always miss the nights at bunka and if there is ever a reunion at the starland then i will be the first one to wait on line there, lol.

Z

aka Jackoff - HB promo name

unfortunately, I'll always believe the smaller club/lounge creations in the early 2000's killed Bunka. not to bash any of them...but clearly there wasnt enough partygoers in the central/north jersey area to handle a few of these. Deko, Sleep, etc....with Abyss, Bunka, SoundGarden, and Metro already boomin...it only took a couple of the smaller joints to break up one of them. thats not to say bunka failed because of them...but clearly cashing out at the time before the commercial real estate market plummeted was sweeter than the long term prospects from future club income...especially with a new lounge popping up on every corner. the internet also became a force in the late 90's/early 2000's...more than it was in the past in my opinion. i never heard of half of these little bar/lounges that existed before, solely because there wasnt a good outlet for communication previously...except the promoter. today, i can log on to any club board and see whats going on at 20 clubs, sign up for guestlist online, hear about how it was the next morning, etc. All this creates stiff competition.

in any case, just trying to rationalize why my favorite club exists no more

cell phones have killed the big clubs in 5 mins everyone knows if the placed is beat or packed ..

you deff got a point...Also I dont think making admission costs 15 bucks to get in helps either. Club'n used to be fun and now its a big expense to have fun. I think i have more fun at my house or some one elses drinking beer and leaving the comcast music channel on to House. Which in fact some times plays better music then some DJ's out there now...