Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sullivan room...

sucks now! i just want to vent that when i first started going there.. which was when tronic treatment moved their parties there, it was fucking great! it was empty except for music heads who knew a good party and went to support good techno dj's.. now it seems as though everyone who doesnt know a damn thing (which happens to every great venue) decides to show up and wreck a decent place!

i never had to deal with scumbags pushing and shoving, girls talking shit about other girls, fight for dancing room or tell off immature, worthless clueless young boys who STILL know nothing about respecting women in a nightclub! can someone tell me why guys still feel it's appropriate to TOUCH women they DO NOT know at 3 am in the morning? do you really think i'll give you the time of day? i liked going to sullivan room because i never had to deal with these kinds of things..now it's just as rampant there as it is at crobar.

dj heather was great! but how could i enjoy her when there's no room to dance and no one's contributing to a good vibe? i had to leave early because it was so crowded..

i'd like to hear what other people thought of that night.. i might have missed an earlier review.

that didn't happen to filter..:(

first JP and now Sully. You seem to be pretty displeased with alot of things. what places would you recommend right now?

I for one still love Sully. Some of my most favorite nights in the past year have been in that place. I feel you on JP, but I doubt he's laughing at his fans.

You cant compare house nights to tech nights.

Techno parties draw an ENTIRELY different crowd. It is mostly music nerds for Tech parties, and everyone is either watching the dj or danceing.

Sully for House music is a whole nother story. The nights have much more sexuality in the air, and people are more into hanging out, talking, and having fun.

Not saying either is wrong or right, but you cant compare a tronic party to a dj heather party.

that didn't happen to filter..:(

*sigh*...Filter. Do you realize to the day it's exactly a year and a week since the closing party?

Anyway...Filter was a rare find. I think the management and it's regular "visitors" are what kept it what it was. Sullivan Room has NEVER been Filter, and could never be. I agree that Sullivan Room has gone to shit. They're still managing decent line-ups...but it's days are numbered.

The only way I'll go there at this point is if a friend is spinning, or a birthday...or some other necessary obligation.

why guys still feel it's appropriate to TOUCH women they DO NOT know at 3 am in the morning? .

I usually do this around midnight, then my night really gets going.. By 3am, i've already knocked out 2 guys, and spit on 3 girls..

blow it out your ass...wtf do you know?

awwww...did I hit a soft spot? Sorry I didn't realize it was exactly "a year and a week" since the closing party. Do you have a little calendar next to you where you X out each day? :boohoo:

Well, that sounds like a typical night at SR.

Next time ask for Viktor & he will "bounce" the fools...

I've had more than a few drunken idiots (ahem) removed from this sausage joint.

glad to see you've finally decided on making that first post since joining in '98 :aright:

...and you're a *man* of substance, aren't you?

awwww...did I hit a soft spot? Sorry I didn't realize it was exactly "a year and a week" since the closing party. Do you have a little calendar next to you where you X out each day? :boohoo:

glad to see you've finally decided on making that first post since joining in '98 :aright:

i was there for dj heather....

left at like 3....

Hey man, good meeting ya the other night... You left early, Bill and I stayed pretty late then met up w/ Jim and Danielle.. They called you like 2 times, nt sure if they left vm's... Nothing better than what you did to that guy at the bar... anyways..

I'll have bill call ya when we all head out again..

sounds like you had a bad day, huh? first at festivus and now dj heather?

sulivan room, has by all means, changed a bit, but not radically IMO. Its one place that, i find, has a consistantly good vibe going. the crowd has changed with more people in their who arent necissarily huge music fans, but thats inevidable. sullivan room won the clubland nightcrawler award. what do you expect? of course its going to pull more people, esp those who are more concerned with being part of the lifestyle than those who care about what fuels it.

Honestly, i think Sullivan Rom pulls more people who are strictly about the music than most other venues out there (ahem! crobar). Just my opinion.

And along with the change of crowds, comes the assholes who are going to try and touch you. plain and simple. it just comes with the territory.

By 2:30 the place had thinned out a lot and there was enough room to dance and it was just tons of fun. i know i left a little after 4 and i wish i hadnt cos the party was still goin people still movin and groovin and heather was just getting so funky and dirty, YUM.

sucks now! i just want to vent that when i first started going there.. which was when tronic treatment moved their parties there, it was fucking great! it was empty except for music heads who knew a good party and went to support good techno dj's.. now it seems as though everyone who doesnt know a damn thing (which happens to every great venue) decides to show up and wreck a decent place!

i never had to deal with scumbags pushing and shoving, girls talking shit about other girls, fight for dancing room or tell off immature, worthless clueless young boys who STILL know nothing about respecting women in a nightclub! can someone tell me why guys still feel it's appropriate to TOUCH women they DO NOT know at 3 am in the morning? do you really think i'll give you the time of day? i liked going to sullivan room because i never had to deal with these kinds of things..now it's just as rampant there as it is at crobar.

dj heather was great! but how could i enjoy her when there's no room to dance and no one's contributing to a good vibe? i had to leave early because it was so crowded..

i'd like to hear what other people thought of that night.. i might have missed an earlier review.

sorry you feel that way to me still though cielo and sullivan room are my 2 fave venues. Sully itself is not the problem it the peeps much like any other party, especially i think cause of summer, also the weekend brings out a lot of fools.

the weekend does do that.

i suppose i'm extremely picky.

You cant compare house nights to tech nights.

Techno parties draw an ENTIRELY different crowd. It is mostly music nerds for Tech parties, and everyone is either watching the dj or danceing.

Sully for House music is a whole nother story. The nights have much more sexuality in the air, and people are more into hanging out, talking, and having fun.

Not saying either is wrong or right, but you cant compare a tronic party to a dj heather party.

i saw heather at cielo and i had an AWESOME time.. i wasn't comparing two parties or genres.. i was comparing how the vibe at sully has changed. it's due to a number of things that i'm aware of and was venting.

i've also been there countless saturday nights where i never came in contact with such utter bullshit. every saturday i was always like, "i fucking love sullivan room! it's not crowded, the music is dope, everyone is nice blah blah blah" there were just complete idiots there this past saturday... i'm just generally tired of having to constantly keep my distance from certain people who should know better. :)

you know.. there is techno going on at sullivan every other thursday now.. (just check their website - sullivanroom.com) - and we definitely still see the same type of clientele that tronic treatment had.. no meatheads to worry about!

you know.. there is techno going on at sullivan every other thursday now.. (just check their website - sullivanroom.com) - and we definitely still see the same type of clientele that tronic treatment had.. no meatheads to worry about!

interesting.. thanks..

Yeah Mike you tell em!