Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Many Books/Magazines Do You Read?

Per Week? Month? Year? I guess you can add books for school, too, even though that's not what I'm looking for AT ALL, but people are going to want to include it anyway, so go ahead. I'll need to know what your literary preferences are, too. I've been reading about 4 books a month now. Fiction, non, history and some religion(various). As for the magazines, I'll need titles, please. Mine are- Discover, Discovery, Popular Science, National Geographic and Scientific American. Plus some titles that I'm not going to mention. Please hurry with the responses, I'm writing a book......

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Do what thou wilt.

Aleister Crowley

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams- Willy Wonka

AIM: crackorn71

I read Time, Utne and any men's magazines laying around my friends house.

Maxim, Stuff and Details- they are soooo much better than women's magazines (they ae intelligent, funny and helprful, like how to bang your friends).

I am sick of reading about makeup tips, weight loss and how to please your man. I am insulted by that.

I want to start a women's mag like the mens--

with half naked guys, REAL advice, tons o sex

guy's columns, half naked guys etc...

cazz, i agree. Maxim and Details are great. Playboy, Penthouse, and Hustler are also good reads, in that order, i think. also, Newsweek, Scientific American, Time, Tennis, Sports Illustrated, Ski & Snowboard, DJ Times, Spin

------------------

in this nightlong puppetshow, he is my master. spin that record and make me dance

Maxim, SI, Cosmo (good to know what those crafty ladies are really thinking lol), Men's Health...

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

Sats:

12/16 - Arena, Albany NY

12/23 - Arena, Albany NY

12/30 - Webster Hall

1/13 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

1/14 - Phillidelphia (Location TBA)

Sat Dec. 23rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Music, Mixmag, DJ, fishing weekly, The stamp collector, The pig breeders digest, Taxidermy for the beginner, Family Knitting, Bride & Groom, The mammals guide to laying your own eggs, Cock fighting digest, how to become a million air in 5 easy steps, empowerment for kids, high times, origami in the fold, moosknuckle monthly.

Ok some of those aren't real.

I own a shit load of mags subsrciption....Let me run through them (I hope I remember them all!)

Cosmo

Men's Health

Maxim

Stuff

Essence

Jane

Shape

YM - yeah I know smile.gif

Madamoiselle

ELLE

Ebony

TV Guide - does that count?

Time

Individual Investor

Kipilinger's Report (sp?)

Buyside

PSM - Playstation Mag

Computer Mag

MacWarehouse

Nordstrom

J. Jill

J. Crew

Oh wait you meant only ones with articles, so I think thats it... cwm3.gif

~*Jam*~ "cometomyhouseandyouwillfindsomethingtoreadwhileonthejohn"

------------------

Email: ynicholas@aol.com

AIM: ynicholas

How many do I read or how many do I receive? LOL.....its really hard keeping up to date with all the magazines each month. Lets see, there's Y Internet Life, WIRED, Fortune 500, E-Business, TIME, DJ Times, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Mademoiselle, Maxim, and thats not including the various magazines I pick up on impulse at the stores. Plus, the paper is read everyday and right now I'm reading Maria Shriver's book, Ten things I wish I knew before I entered the Real World....Ladies, very interesting and insightful book smile.gif

Crackorn......you really made me realize how much I read.....and forget! smile.gif

------------------

www.djcentral.com

How many do I read or how many do I receive? LOL.....its really hard keeping up to date with all the magazines each month. Lets see, there's Y Internet Life, WIRED, Fortune 500, E-Business, TIME, DJ Times, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Mademoiselle, Maxim, and thats not including the various magazines I pick up on impulse at the stores. Plus, the paper is read everyday and right now I'm reading Maria Shriver's book, Ten things I wish I knew before I entered the Real World....Ladies, very interesting and insightful book smile.gif

Crackorn......you really made me realize how much I read.....and forget! smile.gif

------------------

www.djcentral.com

I read about 3 books a month, mostly fiction, mystery, and sci-fi, by authors such as, Toni Morrison, Anais Nin, Eric Dickey, Crichton, Grisham, King, and some African authors...

I only have one magazine subscription, Playgirl, but I don't read it. I look at the pictures, hehehe...

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

I used to save every magazine I read. Now I only save Harpers Bazaar, Elle, and Vogue. (I have practically every issue since 1990.)

I love Departures...Americam Express' magazine!!! I usually read W, Maxim, FHM, Conde Nast's Traveler, Paper, and Martha Stewart.

My boyfriend travels a lot, so I read whatever mags he brings home as well.

------------------

"Love your enemies...cause your friends may turn out to be a bunch of bastards."

Reading (on average) about 6-7 books/month at the moment (at least 5 for classes, everything else for pleasure)... do coursepacks count? If so, I have a few million-page ones I'm working through right now. >o.O< As for magazines... Newsweek, National Geographic, and Cosmo... Reader's Digest is what I always pick up to browse through when I'm in a waiting room...

eggmok ~ Archie comics were the *best*... cwm32.gif

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Music, Mixmag, DJ, fishing weekly, The stamp collector, The pig breeders digest, Taxidermy for the beginner, Family Knitting, Bride & Groom, The mammals guide to laying your own eggs, Cock fighting digest, how to become a million air in 5 easy steps, empowerment for kids, high times, origami in the fold, moosknuckle monthly.

Ok some of those aren't real.

Which aren't real? The first 3 right? With you I wouldn't be surprised...

I'm an English major so I read tons both in and out of school. Fiction mostly. Magazines too, all the girly ones, can't help it wink.gif

------------------

=)

i read anything i can get my hands on, several music industry mags Mixer, DJ, Wax, science mags Discovery, Discover, Nat Geo, outdoor mags- Backpacker, Outdoor Life, and two fishing mags that i dont recall the names of... (i got suckered into a mag club thing where i get tons of mags i dont even want, thankfully its almost over) Artsy mags like Blackbook, Flaunt, that benneton one, ummm Colors i think its called, and also a couple new york publications...

as far as books go, im not reading as many as i had last year, but im currently reading mostly american classic lit as i found my literary diet had been starving for something from home. end of last year i read ALL of Steinbecks books, lot's of Hemingway, Langston Hughes, joseph campbell, to name a few, also been reading my norton anthologies for some nice examples of ben franklin, melville, lots of classics. on top of that im always digging through a history book of some sorts, mostly native american history books.

im not bullshitting, when i have the time i plan to get my masters in lit

hope this helps

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

Originally posted by divalicious:

I read about 3 books a month, mostly fiction, mystery, and sci-fi, by authors such as, Toni Morrison, Anais Nin, Eric Dickey, Crichton, Grisham, King, and some African authors...

I only have one magazine subscription, Playgirl, but I don't read it. I look at the pictures, hehehe...

I love Toni and Anais!!!

They completely lose me in their books.

i read anything i can get my hands on, several music industry mags Mixer, DJ, Wax, science mags Discovery, Discover, Nat Geo, outdoor mags- Backpacker, Outdoor Life, and two fishing mags that i dont recall the names of... (i got suckered into a mag club thing where i get tons of mags i dont even want, thankfully its almost over) Artsy mags like Blackbook, Flaunt, that benneton one, ummm Colors i think its called, and also a couple new york publications...

as far as books go, im not reading as many as i had last year, but im currently reading mostly american classic lit as i found my literary diet had been starving for something from home. end of last year i read ALL of Steinbecks books, lot's of Hemingway, Langston Hughes, joseph campbell, to name a few, also been reading my norton anthologies for some nice examples of ben franklin, melville, lots of classics. on top of that im always digging through a history book of some sorts, mostly native american history books.

im not bullshitting, when i have the time i plan to get my masters in lit

hope this helps

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...