Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Djs walking OUT of the booth?!?!

Francios K uses laptops and software to mix. Or unmix cause he's not traditional in that sense. But he doesn't do it so he can go to the bar and mingle. He does it so he can wild out on the efx. Thats a real software dj to me better than most dj's no matter what devices they implement to play. So instead of thinking of it as a device to ease think of it as a way to add expression to what your doing. aka adding efx, filters, and whatever else you can do with software, hardware, and mental progression.

wouldnt it be more accepting to the crowd as a whole to have a partner in the club with the dj...and have that person every few moments inviting people to the booth?

not sure if that's a good idea...i'm sure a dj wouldn't want to be bothered by random people in the booth while he is working...seems like it would be too much of a distraction and might take away from the music a bit

but thanks for seeing it from my point of view :beer:

i imagine that whats wrong with it is

that ppl are playingto go hear adj perform

i can just goto walmart and get a cd player for $60 to play a cd

llike these "djs"

andwhat are they called anyway? are they djs or what?

It's not like such a special skill. Half the people I knew in University could mix, maybe scratching is more skill-oriented but not every dj scratches. Software like Ableton's Live 5 allows you to easily mix mp3's so you can concentrate on using efffects, creating loops, adding beats... you can do some really fucked up shit with a laptop, Live and a MIDI controller. Plus, then you don't have to haul around 200 pounds of vinyl everywhere you go...

actually yes youre part correct

i can teach my mom in 30 mins or less how to blend tracks

but the hardest things for a dj to do and develope a technique for are

A) Programing

B) Crowd reading

and they are the key to a good set from any dj.

Francios K uses laptops and software to mix. Or unmix cause he's not traditional in that sense. But he doesn't do it so he can go to the bar and mingle. He does it so he can wild out on the efx. Thats a real software dj to me better than most dj's no matter what devices they implement to play. So instead of thinking of it as a device to ease think of it as a way to add expression to what your doing. aka adding efx, filters, and whatever else you can do with software, hardware, and mental progression.

i agree with u on this i think the use of a laptop brings about so much...a machine size of about a notebook allows use to have thousands of songs at ur fingertips, use efx, produce/remix live among other things...makes the music that much better

better yet we should just do away with dj's all together, have us (the people) vote each week on what tracks we want to hear. Club owners can just teach monkeys how to push buttons, have them spin for us and pay them in bananas, while dj's are out of work and then they can chill and get fucked up with us on the weekends... :bounce::bounce:

:blown: