Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nicky Sibilia

well ....

I dont really know nicky ... actually i never met him and never heard him spin.

some dj's do get a little carried away with dj drops and shit like that, but all they are tryin to do is make a name for themselves ...

if the headliner is so damn packed, then there must be a reason why the owners have him as a resident every summer. i mean if he sucked that bad, the place would be dead ....and he would be fired ... he must be doin something right...

the truth is that the music scene is fu*@cked up nowadays ... you do have to play your old vocals and classics more and more these days... if you have 10 people in a jersey shore club, i can guarantee that 8 of them would rather hear Jana - More Than Life than hear some new Morillo joint. i mean, i love Morillo and all that shit out today, BUT ... the fact is that if you play all that stuff, you would clear your dancefloor after a while ... where as shit like the final chapter is a sure shot ... MOST of the people in that club will dance to it and enjoy it .... its just the way it is nowadays ... it kinda sux, but its the truth... :(

lets also realize something ... not to mention any names, BUT ... a lot of these big local jersey shore DJs that do stick with all this newer off the wall music have been clearing a LOT of dancefloors lately ... i see less and less people and energy on the dancefloor when all of this electronic and filtered new stuff is being playd (which kinda annoys me cause i do like that stuff too)... and lately, at the crowded places ... when the DJ is playin a set of all anthems and classics, and going back and forth every 3 mnutes, i see more and more people screaming, and singing, and dancing ....

its just a little rut that we are in nowadays since house music is dealing with a huge transition and fighting its battle against hip hop ... it just seems that vocals and classics are youre only way to get away with house music right now ... cause youre only other alternative is ....HIP HOP..!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with you ... i was talkin about jersey ... your right, everywhere else is lovin the new shit ...

you can play gadjo in south jersey and they are like "what the f*ck is this shit"

BUT.. play it in north jersey or NYC?? chicks are creaming themselves ...

hahahaaaa

This isnt about his DJ'in. Like my original post said, I respect that he plays to the crowd. This is about his antics, cockiness, talkin trash in the gym in regards to Rydell, hearing his drop a thousand times a night, jumpin up and down flexing his muscles as he drops DABUZZ.....basically looking like an asshole in the dj booth....lol

Also, if most NJ DJ's knew how to program better, they'd be able to sneak in the new electronic joints around the vocals, classics, and sure things. Instead of having some guys clear out floors at Surf Club at 8pm playin nothing but garbage that nobody heard.

alot of good NJ dj's out there.....

they just havent "paid their dues" :rolleyes: if you will.

talent and great track selection have nothing to do with it anymore....i been saying it for years. its "who do you know, what can u do for me now and what have you done for me lately?"

Yes, I am aware of that, they go there to pick up young drunk females, which I have no desire to be near/around/or associated with...

besides, they usually leave Headliner and end up at Tempts later anyhow

actually theres a greater # of Female tempts retirees there then male

Why? Are you now dating this girl?

No but a very close of my friend is and has been for over a year. She never thought he would cheat or stray because he went out of his way to get close to her daughter. She thought who would do that and cheat and/or have another g/f on the side the whole time. Her friends would even tell her she should watch out but because he was so good to them she never thought he was capable of such a thing. That kid still asks for him today. She doesn't know what happened. But she will have abondonment issues for sure. Her real father left when she was young. It's just not a cool thing to do to someone. That is why he is a scumbag. I don'y even know the dude but from what I hear and the posts he sounds like a cheeseball. He needs his ass whipped.

Playing the same songs, is not djing.......... there is alot of jersey dj's besides nicky that play the same old music...........

My take on the jersey seen is people r sick of hearing the same old music, that's why house music is hurting in jersey........... If dj's played songs like "believe' "your body" "most precious love" and a s/#t load of others dancefloors would be jumpin, too bad there are alot of lazy dj's out there.

Regarding the headliners videos?? DO the people who record them have ears??? HHHmmm do they not hear the same 3 songs ( those songs aren't even that good) in every video?? I love when people say " the club is packed, they must be doing something right... hmm try doing the party in the winter and see how busy it is...... cricket cricket........ ha ha

oh well nothing is going to change, LONG LIVE HIP HOP

talent and great track selection have nothing to do with it anymore....i been saying it for years. its "who do you know, what can u do for me now and what have you done for me lately?"

ha ha pay there dues (means) kiss ass and play shitty music and listen to a promoter or club owners who has no idea what they r talking about, yet think they know because they listen to KTU.......

that is such BS, pay your dudes, yet the first question out of there mouth is "how many people can u bring" lazy ass promoters.......

ha ha pay there dues (means) kiss ass and play shitty music and listen to a promoter or club owners who has no idea what they r talking about, yet think they know because they listen to KTU.......

well said! it's sad how jersey dj's get a bad rap when it's really the club owners and promoters who are telling them what to play like Whitney's "My love is your love" :vomit2:when in reality they know nothing about house music! lol

Tifferina7, btw, congrats on your singles & good luck at crobar w/ masi and mello. props to them for reppin jersey as well as they can! :)

Thanks a lot Deepspell! :kiss2: It's so nice when people in the industry can be supportive of others! We'll have to shoot over to Sully sometime and see what it's all about...