Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj Mag Top 100 Djs 2005 Poll:

I voted:

1) steve lawler

2) derrick carter

3) erick morillo

4) carl cox

5) junior vasquez

simply based on which djs live sets have blown me away most regularly in the last year. [july 2004 to august 2005]. my runners up include: tenaglia, dj vibe, sander, hernan, howells, morales.

again Im basing it on consistent live sets. DT had some of the best but also some of the more disappointing at roxy last year, thats why hes not in my top 5 for the first time in a few years. this is the highest morillo has ever been in my list. if you were at his crobar sets in 2005 you know why. his global disco sound might be the state of the art in big room house. junior has had some ups & downs in 2005 but his 2004 smallroom sets at discoteque were extraordinary. I caught some morales & vibe in 2004 that blew me away but vibe hasnt really been here in 05 and morales can be great or bad, often in the same night. carl cox might not be the same as in 2000 but even at less-than-peak his sets punish like few djs. the last 3 lawler nyc sets were so f*in amazing I thats why hes my #1 now.

derrick carter may still be my all time favourite dj, he has never let me down ever since 1997.

DT can be the best, but I miss his arc/vinyl dependability. its gotten harder to be a dt fan after arc but the 1st crobar [birthday] set, along with lawler & morillo, was the best ive heard so far in 2005.

solely based on who I have seen live this year...

1. Remy...

killed it both times at Spirit with Armin, and the man's productions this year were amazing.

2. James Holden...

3. Noel Sanger...

destroyed Sullivan Room in June and his remix of "Close Enough" was my favorite trancier song of the year.

4. Christopher Lawrence...never ever dissapoints when he makes it to town. His style is so much more fresh and banging than most of teh euro trance djs who peopel sweat so much.

5. Jon O'bir...completely stole PVD's thunder on NYE at Exit this past year, and is killing it overseas. His essential mix was my favorite of the year.

I voted:

1) steve lawler

2) derrick carter

3) erick morillo

4) carl cox

5) junior vasquez

simply based on which djs live sets have blown me away most regularly in the last year. [july 2004 to august 2005]. my runners up include: tenaglia, dj vibe, sander, hernan, howells, morales.

again Im basing it on consistent live sets. DT had some of the best but also some of the more disappointing at roxy last year, thats why hes not in my top 5 for the first time in a few years. this is the highest morillo has ever been in my list. if you were at his crobar sets in 2005 you know why. his global disco sound might be the state of the art in big room house. junior has had some ups & downs in 2005 but his 2004 smallroom sets at discoteque were extraordinary. I caught some morales & vibe in 2004 that blew me away but vibe hasnt really been here in 05 and morales can be great or bad, often in the same night. carl cox might not be the same as in 2000 but even at less-than-peak his sets punish like few djs. the last 3 lawler nyc sets were so f*in amazing I thats why hes my #1 now.

derrick carter may still be my all time favourite dj, he has never let me down ever since 1997.

DT can be the best, but I miss his arc/vinyl dependability. its gotten harder to be a dt fan after arc but the 1st crobar [birthday] set, along with lawler & morillo, was the best ive heard so far in 2005.

I agree that Lawler is amazing but , unlike DT and Morillo, he spins like for 4 hours whereas DT and Morillo spin for at least 12 hours and thats a big factor ...i have to give a Dj major props for caring enough about their fans to do that

1.) Deep Dish

2.) Steve Lawler

3.) Roger Sanchez

4.) Sasha

5.) Satoshi Tomiie

Based on just spinnin ability, and track selection, I would put Boris up here (Believe it or not) but his producing ability is garbage. Does he even have a track he produced???? I just love his tribal, and tech.

not to start any drama..but what has satoshi done this year so far??

not much..:laugh:

your an idiot.......

remix of goodlife

2 mixed CD's

residency in pacha ibiza

ummm....run saw recordings....his label put out two of the biggest tracks of the year...Chab-closer to me & Bush II Bush - Piano track

Satoshi really never spins in the NYC or the east coast. It really sucks because he is awesome, and if he ever does come to NYC, I will be at the door with a tent the night before. Listen to some of his sets for 2005, its some sick sick straight up house music. Sick beats. Just because hes not around the east coast dosent mean hes not in some peoples top 5. He is an all around great DJ, producing, spinning, and label abilities. He has done a lot. more than 75% of the DJ's this year. This is all opinion, but what he has done, and his sets for 2005 is not. Thats just straight up HOUSE. And yes he makes my top 5 too.

Thats my opinion, and an opinion cannot be wrong.