Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where's a good place to go dancing in a scene where it's all about the music?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the 4 pages on this thread, so I'm probably repeating some stuff. But if you're looking for a crowd w/ musicheads, you'll obviously wanna avoid the big rooms and stick to the small ones. Weekdays at the small clubs are usually your best bet. With that being said, you might wanna check out Cielo, Le Souk, Canal Room, Shelter, Table 50, and Sullivan Room.

yo computerjockey, check it out dont get SHELTER confused. The main room of SHELTER is with DJ TIMMY REGISFORD and that party has been goin on fro 14 yrs and its all bout dancing to the music with people of all races. The other party people are talkign bout here is on the rooftop of shelter, NO RELATION its another thing.

Only places on this board where its all aboutt he music and people dancing is CIELO- MON wqith FRANCOIS K, on weds FOR LOUIE VEGA, SHELTER on sats with either timmy regisford or STING INTERNATIONAL. Club LOVE on thurs,fri,sat,and somtimes sunday. And of course the 718 sessions at deep once a month with danny krivit, Trust me dude much of nyc is filed with big room nonsense and mindless sheep who lik etheir cheese and fast beats nothing with soul.

So if you do go out on sat go to SHELTER chill at the rooftop party adn meet and hang with some people on this board. But dont forget to go to the mainfloor and see how a proper party is done. It starts around 11pm sat night and goes on till like 2pm sunday afternoon. So get ready to dance dance dance.

gabe im gunna play devil's advocate here.....so dont take offense....

why are those the ONLY places that its about the music.......do you really think no one is on drugs @ all of those places u mentioned?

There's a difference actually.

In Ibiza everyone is on drugs, but they are there for the music, drugs are secondary.

A lot of places here I notice that people just go to do drugs, music is secondary.

its a different mentality at those parties thats why. And less people are on drugs andif they are its usually weed or somethign small believe it or not. How do i know this well cause i tend to be involve in that scene alot and know many many people from their. And from there own mouths some have told me they dont do any either. UNlike the other side of the scene where i know for a fact people do drugs cause i see it with my own eyes and they ask me for some. NOT ONE PERSON has ever asked me for drugs at shelter or 718 sessions, only thing they ask is if i have some extra baby powder for the dance floor.

Really unless you dont go to these parties often you wont see the difference completely.

i hear nyc doesn't have good x. i haven't laid my hands on one since i went out in the early 90's. i luv luv luv real-x only because it makes the music COME ALIVE inside your soul. i'm very spiritual and believe that dancing allows one's spirit to be set free and of course, on a good pill, it increases the feeling but a thounsand-fold. but isn't the sutff here filled with dirt, dirt and more dirt? shit you get me on a good pill and i can 110% assure you that you will see what made Simon's so popular (oh Gawd, there's that word again). my only natural super power is to get into a groove but i feel the days of x-n and doin that are over. don't get wrong, i can still groove sober but i do miss 'dem old days...

There's a difference actually.

In Ibiza everyone is on drugs, but they are there for the music, drugs are secondary.

A lot of places here I notice that people just go to do drugs, music is secondary.

Jim - What made, uh, er, eh what was that really cool club called in the early 90's (hehe) so friggin popular is that we cared about the music 1st.

As my best friend, and resident DJ of Simon's, said yesterday - "A DJ likes nothing more than someone who can truely appreciate their music".

i don't need no ridalin! i have a few strikes against me here - 1) i type 70wpm 2) i'm a total online chatterbox & 3) nothing gets me going like music & dancing so the thought of actually going back out after a 10 year hibernation gets to the very core of me. sorry if it bugs ya but i'm a true freakazoid - actually that was my nickname given to me by my friend Chris in college but you can call me freaka for short, unless you're rude to me then it's mr. zoid.

i don't need no ridalin! i have a few strikes against me here - 1) i type 70wpm 2) i'm a total online chatterbox & 3) nothing gets me going like music & dancing so the thought of actually going back out after a 10 year hibernation gets to the very core of me. sorry if it bugs ya but i'm a true freakazoid - actually that was my nickname given to me by my friend Chris in college but you can call me freaka for short, unless you're rude to me then it's mr. zoid.

Your definetly a freak.

:half: