Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about cable modems...

philippio

Pretty soon you will be banned from CP. And then your only sexual outlet will be the gigolo you hire who's a part time USF student majoring in transexual studies. :finger:

Saleen is taking those classes and why would I get banned, this is not cooljunkie, remember, big difference u clown

I have a Comcast cable modem and currently, I use a USB cable to connect it to my desktop. Is there any way I can connect it to my laptop so that I can be online from both computers simultaneously? I have a free USB port on my laptop. :D

Does your cable modem have connections for the ethernet adaptor?, If so, I highly recomend using those, connecting the cable modem via the usb port is not the best solution, The reason why, The drivers for DSL or cable modems connected to the internet while using the usb connection will often crash. The reason why cause USB was not built to suport those kinds of speeds that they offer, So I recomend connecting it to the etherner connector if your PC has one, The laptop should also have an ethernet connect on the back or on the side. If they all have ethernet connectors, Then what I recomend for you is to get a ethernet 5 port or 8 port switch or router, They sell those at best buy for I think 50 bucks or something, Those allow you to connect more then one computer to share the same cable modem, Even your laptop.

Dude, I have to give you props because you're a pc geek.

Nuttin' wrong with it! :nono:

It's just nice to know there's someone outhere that can help. :type::pint:

Well I know my shit dude, Anyways, I have one of those 8 port ethernet switches for my PC and my PS2 since they both connect to my external DSL modem which has the ethernet connections. :D