Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm Going To Louisiana

HAZE

As all of you know, our colleagues, friends and many other people along the Gulf Coast are in the midst of a catastrophe. The devastation and suffering brought by Hurricane Katrina is horrifying … and, unfortunately, still unfolding.

Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has been affected.

I want to assure you that the Management Committee and all levels of ARAMARK are completely focused on protecting our employees and helping our communities. This disaster involves sports venues … oil rigs … hospitals … colleges … businesses … in short, every part of our company.

At this time, we have accounted for most of our employees. We continue to seek information on several others.

Our teams along the Gulf Coast … including individuals who have been personally affected by this storm … are working under extraordinary conditions to provide whatever support they can to the people around them. In some of our facilities, we are working directly with the Red Cross and FEMA. As of yesterday, we started feeding refugees at the Houston Astrodome.

I couldn’t be prouder of everyone involved with this effort. I’ve said it before, and we all know this to be true: When times are at their worst, ARAMARK people are always at their best.

Now, I know many of us are asking: “What can we do?†... “How can we help?â€

Since the hurricane hit, we’ve been in touch with FEMA … Homeland Security … the Red Cross … political leaders in several states … and many others involved with the relief efforts. We’ve also talked extensively with experts in our own company.

All of us agree that the fastest, most effective way for us to help is through the American Red Cross. Therefore, today, we have asked the ARAMARK Charitable Fund to provide a gift of $500,000 to the Red Cross.

In addition, we are amending ARAMARK’s Matching Gifts Program. For the first time ever, your personal gifts to the Red Cross will be matched, dollar for dollar, by the ARAMARK Charitable Fund. These matching dollars are in addition to our $500,000 direct gift.

We all want to help the people affected by this tragedy, particularly when we know that our own people have been affected. We appreciate your efforts. But let me emphasize again: The best way for all of us to help is through the American Red Cross.

At the bottom of this message, you will find details about how you can donate to the Red Cross and how to participate in the matching gifts program. We will alert you to any other programs as we develop them.

The entire Management Committee is making personal donations to support this relief effort. I encourage you to consider doing the same. And I assure you, we will continue to explore all options to help our people and others in need.

Please, let’s keep everyone affected by this hurricane in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you.

Joe Neubauer

ARAMARK Chairman and CEO