Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Micheal Moore Letter to Bush...

Giuliani was all over the place on 9/11... he was prob the biggest reason none of that stuff happened. He called in everyone to prevent that from happening.

Also, doing all this stuff when there is 4-6 feet of water in the majority of the effected regions makes it a little more difficult... although I do agree that socioeconomic factors are playing a role here... I doubt this would be happening in Orange county or chicago's north shore...

9/11 destroyed a 5 square block radius, this flood destroyed a whole city, much worse IMO

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

michael moore should be shot. he's using sarcasm and stating his points in a "jokeful" manner trying to get publicity... i would shoot him myself if i could... in other countries back in the day, he would be jailed for life, for writing such a letter to the president

michael moore should be shot. he's using sarcasm and stating his points in a "jokeful" manner trying to get publicity... i would shoot him myself if i could... in other countries back in the day, he would be jailed for life, for writing such a letter to the president

:bowdown:

take a number

Love the way that the morons at fox news are trying to take the blame OFF the federal government by repeating every hour that maybe it was the democartic mayor and governors fault for not evacuating people fast enough :laugh: and that the federal government was in the right :laugh:

you had Nagin screaming on TV that babies were dying while Bush and Chertoff were sitting in their air conditioned offices in DC.

Much like 9/11, you will never forget Bush's 8 years in office......we are living witnesses to the WORST president and presidency in the history of the united states. It is truly and utterly amazing and astonishing. We will be telling our grandkids that we were alive for the bush administration.

wait wait wait..dont 4get...9/11 was clintons mistake...cant blame 9/11 on the rep's...bush just kinda stepped into the doo doo...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

nagin shoulda comandeered a fucking bulldozer and shoulda scraped people out of their homes b4 the hurricane...

Love the way that the morons at fox news are trying to take the blame OFF the federal government by repeating every hour that maybe it was the democartic mayor and governors fault for not evacuating people fast enough :laugh: and that the federal government was in the right :laugh:

you had Nagin screaming on TV that babies were dying while Bush and Chertoff were sitting in their air conditioned offices in DC.

Much like 9/11, you will never forget Bush's 8 years in office......we are living witnesses to the WORST president and presidency in the history of the united states. It is truly and utterly amazing and astonishing. We will be telling our grandkids that we were alive for the bush administration.

the fed govt is to blame but to a lesser extent than the state and city..

they should have been better prepared..period.

Nagin is one of the main culprits and the only thing he is good at is pointing fingers. Your partisan rhetoric is just oozing over your reply.

lesser extent :laugh:

how can you compare the resources of a poor, violent city to those of the federal government? FEMA is there for a reason, to take charge. Mayor's wernt running the show during the floods of 92, or 9/11 or Oklahoma City........and your rhetoric is just as partisan, but makes less sense.

lesser extent :laugh:

how can you compare the resources of a poor, violent city to those of the federal government? FEMA is there for a reason, to take charge. Mayor's wernt running the show during the floods of 92, or 9/11 or Oklahoma City........and your rhetoric is just as partisan, but makes less sense.

believe me im not a big fan of Bush domestically but he is not the main culprit here.

National Response Plan (NRP) dated December 2004 under the Department of Homeland Security.

"A basic premise of the NRP is that incidents are

generally handled at the lowest jurisdictional level

possible. Police, fire, public health and medical,

emergency management, and other personnel are

responsible for incident management at the local level.

In some instances, a Federal agency in the local area

may act as a first responder and may provide direction

or assistance consistent with its specific statutory

authorities and responsibilities. In the vast majority of

incidents, State and local resources and interstate mutual

aid normally provide the first line of emergency

response and incident management support."

It was the city & states RESPONSIBILITY to be prepared for this.

As former New Orleans Mayor Marc Morial told Russert, the disaster in New Orleans was "foreseeable."

In fact, New Orleans has long known that such a disaster could take place if a major hurricane hit the city.

The municipality even prepared its own "City of New Orleans Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan."

The plan makes it evident that New Orleans knew that evacuation of the civilian population was the primary responsibility of the city – not the federal government.

The city plan acknowledges its responsibility in the document:

As established by the City of New Orleans Charter, the government has jurisdiction and responsibility in disaster response. City government shall coordinate its efforts through the Office of Emergency Preparedness.

The city document also makes clear that decisions involving a proper and orderly evacuation lie with the governor, mayor and local authorities. Nowhere is the president or federal government even mentioned:

The authority to order the evacuation of residents threatened by an approaching hurricane is conferred to the Governor by Louisiana Statute. The Governor is granted the power to direct and compel the evacuation of all or part of the population from a stricken or threatened area within the State, if he deems this action necessary for the preservation of life or other disaster mitigation, response or recovery. The same power to order an evacuation conferred upon the Governor is also delegated to each political subdivision of the State by Executive Order. This authority empowers the chief elected official of New Orleans, the Mayor of New Orleans, to order the evacuation of the parish residents threatened by an approaching hurricane.

It is clear the city also recognized that it would need to move large portions of its population, and it would need to prepare for such an eventuality:

The City of New Orleans will utilize all available resources to quickly and safely evacuate threatened areas. Those evacuated will be directed to temporary sheltering and feeding facilities as needed. When specific routes of progress are required, evacuees will be directed to those routes. Special arrangements will be made to evacuate persons unable to transport themselves or who require specific life saving assistance. Additional personnel will be recruited to assist in evacuation procedures as needed. ...

Evacuation procedures for small scale and localized evacuations are conducted per the SOPs of the New Orleans Fire Department and the New Orleans Police Department. However, due to the sheer size and number of persons to be evacuated, should a major tropical weather system or other catastrophic event threaten or impact the area, specifically directed long range planning and coordination of resources and responsibilities efforts must be undertaken. [You can read New Orleans' Emergency Plan for hurricanes at its Web site: http://www.cityofno.com/portal.aspx?portal=46&tabid=26]

The city's plan also specifically called for the use of city-owned buses and school buses to evacuate the population. These were apparently never deployed, though the Parish of Plaquemines just south of the city evacuated its population using school buses.

The plan, written well before Katrina was even a teardrop in God's eye, was obviously never heeded or implemented by local leaders.

But why should the New Orleans mayor and Governor Blanco take responsibility when they can blame George Bush and the Republicans in Washington?

With congressional elections fast approaching, Democrats who are out of power in every branch of the federal government know they need to change the tide quickly.

They have apparently seized on the Katrina disaster to harm the president politically.

Criticism of the federal government's response is fair and warranted. But putting full responsibility for this disaster on the Bush administration is way over the top.

Primary responsibility for this disaster remains with local officials like Nagin and Blanco, not President Bush.

It was the city & states RESPONSIBILITY to be prepared for this.

But why should the New Orleans mayor and Governor Blanco take responsibility when they can blame George Bush and the Republicans in Washington?

With congressional elections fast approaching, Democrats who are out of power in every branch of the federal government know they need to change the tide quickly.

They have apparently seized on the Katrina disaster to harm the president politically.

Criticism of the federal government's response is fair and warranted. But putting full responsibility for this disaster on the Bush administration is way over the top.

Primary responsibility for this disaster remains with local officials like Nagin and Blanco, not President Bush.

You really are a piece of shit sometimes man, really you are, you LOVE to play devils advocate and LOVE to go against the opposition. I think you do it for the attention and nothing more, i truely believe that none of this means nothing to you and your posting this just to piss people off, which makes you a digusting human being.

If you really beleive that all the attention that the president is getting because of his actions is purely political, then you should be shot on sight. People are complaining about the presidents actions because they were completely lacking in that of what a leader should be. There is damage all over that area not just NOLA. This is a NATIONAL DISASTER, so umm .. the president should have acted more promptly cuase he is the LEADER OF THIS NATION ... do you see how the word are similar .. huh?!

regardless, the mayor and local leaders were able to only do so much. The real problem isnt the evacuation procedure, becuase how much could really be done w/ the limited time and resources avialable.

No all the blame isnt on bush, the director of FEMA stated that their activity in NOLA should be to "make sure FEMA is represented well and that there is 2 day window for assistance to arrive" ... that asshole should be jobless right now, lets hope he is ..

You really are a piece of shit sometimes man, really you are, you LOVE to play devils advocate and LOVE to go against the opposition. I think you do it for the attention and nothing more,

go against the opposition?? why because I see the facts for what they are and actually post PROOF of a failed plan by the mayor of NO??

and i do it for attention?? thats hilarious..

if you noticed i actually stopped posting but couldnt help but reply to the ignorant statements made on this thread...

i truely believe that none of this means nothing to you and your posting this just to piss people off, which makes you a digusting human being.
wow you got that all from my post..goes to show you stupid you really are

if anyone is the piece of shit...it would be you..

as soon as this catastrophe happened, i believe the first posts you made were blaming the president.. you did no research whatsoever nor did you even concentrate on the relief effort.. you automatically started bashing Bush in your posts and pointing the finger..

real tact

:blown:

ill respond again since you cant help but edit

If you really beleive that all the attention that the president is getting because of his actions is purely political, then you should be shot on sight. People are complaining about the presidents actions because they were completely lacking in that of what a leader should be. There is damage all over that area not just NOLA. This is a NATIONAL DISASTER, so umm .. the president should have acted more promptly cuase he is the LEADER OF THIS NATION ... do you see how the word are similar .. huh?!

if you were president, what would have you done that Bush didnt do?

yes the federal response was not good enough..

but the poor planning by the city/state was the overlying factor for this tragedy...this scenario has been predicted many many years ago.

but sheeps like you just automatically blame the president..

but the poor planning by the city/state was the overlying factor for this tragedy...this scenario has been predicted many many years ago.

Sheep that lay blame and do jack shit to help

1st. not cut funding to the Army Engineers Funding for repairing the levee's

2nd. Come off Vacation the day after Katrina Tore in to the bottom of FLA and started taking notice to the possibility of a national disaster, becuase i should have remembered being an asshole and I cut funding to the repairs of the levee's

3rd Mobilized the national gaurd immediately, instead of 2 days later

i would keep going but im going to go back to grazing its as mindless as arguing with you but since its a nice day out, im opting for that...

1st. not cut funding to the Army Engineers Funding for repairing the levee's

2nd. Come off Vacation the day after Katrina Tore in to the bottom of FLA and started taking notice to the possibility of a national disaster, becuase i should have remembered being an asshole and I cut funding to the repairs of the levee's

3rd Mobilized the national gaurd immediately, instead of 2 days later

i would keep going but im going to go back to grazing its as mindless as arguing with you but since its a nice day out, im opting for that...

1 - we are in war right now and were in recession.. regardless there was still enough funding.. dont feel like diggin up the numbers now

2 - he did come off vacation.. in case you noticed the levees didnt break until after the hurricane hit

3 - i believe it took the national guard the same amount of time when hurricane andrew hit...but i agree they should have been there earlier

:rolleyes:

two things: what have you been doing to help?

how do you know that they are not helping?

1. I've donated $1000 and plan to match that next paycheck so roll ur damn eyes somewhere else

2. Same question applies to you...what have you done besides bitch, whine and moan about Bush?

1 - we are in war right now and were in recession.. regardless there was still enough funding.. dont feel like diggin up the numbers now

2 - he did come off vacation.. in case you noticed the levees didnt break until after the hurricane hit

3 - i believe it took the national guard the same amount of time when hurricane andrew hit...but i agree they should have been there earlier

1st - This has been an on-going issue before the war hit, and lets not bring up war shall we... another topic we have never seen eye to eye on

2nd - CAME OFF VACATION TWO DAYS LATER .. im sorry that is just ass

3rd - It only took that long to mobilize because the president was slacking

Thank you ...

and what has Fatass Moore done to help besides feed himself to be as big as the state of Texas??

Do some research and get back to me...cheers

P.S. - he'll probably make a movie off this event too...which you sheep will of course pay for and CONTINUE to fatten his pockets and Twinkie fund.