Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Josh Wink & Stryke @ Nocturnal!

aj2234

Hey all,

Thanks for the kind words of support. Glad you're all excited. Both Josh and i can't wait for Saturday. We both have some special things up our sleeves ;) Let's show this club what it should look and sound like on a Saturday...the way we planned it waaaaay back in the beginning! I didn't spend over 2 years of my life working my butt off for this club for nothing. Let's show em how it's done!

Come with me to the higggggggggher staaaaaaaaaaate of connnnnnnnnsciussssssssssnesssssssssss

had that old skool feelin right about now

saw josh and stacey pullen play at ps1 summer warmup this year and he ended his set with this song. crowd went totally apeshit. you guys are in for a treat this weekend ;)

I couldn't stay past 4am due to prior obligations. But from midnight until 4am, things were looking good. The balcony level around the dj booth was PACKED! And the hip-hop room was packed too. The actual dance floor, for some reason, wasn't as packed as upstairs. A/C was cranked up. Definitely a plus. Stryke played Rolando's 'Knights of the Jaguar' (on that system, it sounded PHENOMENAL)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also liked the Larry Heard (Mr. Fingers) - 'Can You Feel It' acappella and all the other raw energy he delivered!!! Oh, and Josh Wink rocked. I don't think I recognized a single track (cue Ramon). :bowdown: Hopefully next time he spins at Nocturnal, I'll be able to stay until he blasts the patio! Minimal drama at the door (only waited 10 minutes), lots of familiar faces inside, great music!!! Every time I go to Nocturnal, I am reminded of what motivates me to keep coming back for more. :D

Josh played LOVERBOY on the patio!

What a night of MUSIC all night long, this is what EDM is all about! Stryke GOING OFF in the main room before AND after Wink, constructing 'songs' on the fly and tweaking the hell out of everything he played, bringing serious energy and banging techno and house. Wink brining the minimal, techy, acid, funky, and old school jams. Was really feeling the LCD Soundsystem 'Tribulations' remix in the main room and a few other choice old school tracks, samples, loops, etc that I couldn't ID. I also thought the visuals in the main were A++. "Do you realize your listening to Josh Wink spinning right now????" ;)

As for the patio...FORGET ABOUT IT, Josh is intimately in touch with the crowd (both on and off the decks) and works them (us) like no other and has a blast doing it, flawlessly. Def one of the most humble guys in the biz. These are the reasons he's been a favorite of mine for soo many years now. Diaga, props for great opening set, and also to Patrick for a great follow up and keeping us going into the morning hours.

A few comments, since this was my first time in the Noc main room. Nocturnal really needs to move the booth, or have a second configuration for certain events (like this one)...bring it down, or bring up the 1st floor...LOL. Maybe this is personal preference, but both the crowd and dj really loose that critical connection in its current configuration. Granted, the balcony around top is very nice, but also crowded and not very suitable for dancing, and since the bulk of the sound install is downstairs, you don't really 'feel' the music. I also thought the door did a good job with getting people in, but I was there early, and I know others weren't so lucky. And overall, it was not as crowded inside I was expecting, which was nice.

Thanks to Styke, Josh, Angel, Rolly, Biz, Dade, and everyone else involved for making this night happen. Party of the year for me, next to the LUST party with Heather @ Blue.