Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Scariest Moment I have ever Lived

vampress

Ok so it was 9pm last night when all of the sudden I felt Dizzy, I thought it was me when my hubby said the building is moving. So we get up and run to tell his brother that the building was moving, and then it really started to move.....we are on a 14th floor, and literally the whole building moved side to side. The doors starting opening and closing, boxes fell a lamp by the wall would move back and forth. So we all grabbed our shoes and headed down the stairs, I swear I HAVE NEVER BEEN THAT SCARED IN MY LIFE.......my legs were shaking on the way down,I was breathing heavily I felt my blood rushing to every part of my body, everyone was trying to get to the first floor. So many things started running through my mind, all I could think of was getting to the first floor before the building collapsed, thankfully it did not.......so when everything passes, we find out that there was a Major Earthquake in Peru which was measured at a 7 on the Richter Scale, it was felt throughout Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, and Venezuela.

Mind you Bogota is on top of the Andes Mountain, we are 8000ft above sea level, and this earthquake effected a part of the Andes which is the reason Bogota felt it so much. I have been thru Hurricanes & Tornados, but I SWEAR to you this is 100 times scarier!!!

Mind you earthquakes are not a normal thing here, so everyone was scared. I pray to God that the people of Peru are ok.

I was still shaken up during the night, had a hard time getting to sleep....but everything is ok and back to normal. I just hope I dont have to live through a bigger one in mylife.

MJM and Funk I know you guys are from Peru don't know if you have family in Peru, but here is the link to the website where you can know exactly where it hit

http://www.caracolnoticias.com/internacional/noti_internacional.asp?id_sw=64113

I guess you can look it up on Yahoo as well cause that link is in Spanish.

Yup...I read about it, it happened in Moyobamba up in the north andean central area of Peru, apparently some houses went down and a couple of people lost their lives...not to jump at the gun or anything...but I blame this on George Bush and global warming.

:blank:

I'm glad you and your loved ones ar ok Ingrid, take care or I'll kick your ass, ok?

peace

Funk :)

Yup...I read about it, it happened in Moyobamba up in the north andean central area of Peru, apparently some houses went down and a couple of people lost their lives...not to jump at the gun or anything...but I blame this on George Bush and global warming.

:blank:

I'm glad you and your loved ones ar ok Ingrid, take care or I'll kick your ass, ok?

peace

Funk :)

Thank you everyone, yeah it was scary.....dude scary is not the word, well I guess I can say I have been through Mother Nature's fury and survived. Hopefully it wont happen again!!!

And LMMFAO @ Blame it on Bush Funk, I needed a good laugh!!!

:kiss2:

Earthquakes are not common in S. America.

Plates must be shifting again.

Glad to hear you're OK!

PS: Where are my coca leaves bitach? :biggrin:

What do you mean they are not common!?!?!.. The fault of San Andres goes through that whole region up to California.!

One of the most intense Earthquakes ever recorded in History happened in Chile back in 84 or something. As well one of the most devastating Tsunamis that hit Valdivia, leaving that whole city Submerged. They are very common at least in that part, and have heard of earthquakes that have hit Peru as well..

Other then that, Glad your Ok Vampress, that was a heavy one!!.. Ive been on heavy TEMBLORES but no Earquake that I could remember just yet.

MJM and Funk I know you guys are from Peru don't know if you have family in Peru, but here is the link to the website where you can know exactly where it hit

http://www.caracolnoticias.com/internacional/noti_internacional.asp?id_sw=64113

I guess you can look it up on Yahoo as well cause that link is in Spanish.

thanks for the concern Ingrid, but from what i know everyone is ok & a counted for. No immediate family up there.... thank goodness....

:love::kiss2:

:eek: Oh shit...I hate to play geology teacher but you guys leave me no choice.

The fault of San Andres does not go all the way down to latinamerica...the fault of San Andres is exclusive to California and California alone...

fault207.gif

The reason why some places of latinamerica are prone to suffer eartquakes is because they are part of a system of faults that conforms what's known as The Ring of Fire of The Pacific

ringoffire.gif

San Andres is only a stretch of this so-called "ring of fire", which is basicly a volcanic subterranean chain.

:)

What do you mean they are not common!?!?!.. The fault of San Andres goes through that whole region up to California.!

One of the most intense Earthquakes ever recorded in History happened in Chile back in 84 or something. As well one of the most devastating Tsunamis that hit Valdivia, leaving that whole city Submerged. They are very common at least in that part, and have heard of earthquakes that have hit Peru as well..

Other then that, Glad your Ok Vampress, that was a heavy one!!.. Ive been on heavy TEMBLORES but no Earquake that I could remember just yet.

Well they might be common in South America, but as my brother in law and alot of people that were in the buildings lobby said they are not common in Bogota......im telling you people were scared, the look on their faces were not of those that were used to earthquakes. I was just now taking a shower and noticed that the tile in the shower is cracked from the ceiling to the floor, now my brother in law has to call the building to let them know. Outside in the Mezzanine there are bricks on the ground from the buildings crashing up against each other:(!!!!!!

Well glad to hear MJM that everyone is fine on ur side, so and DP sorry dude...have not come across the Mapola Tree;)!!!!

As soon as I do, i'll let you know!!!!

Damn dude, thats crazy. Im glad your ok. : \

Scariest moment I ever had was in highschool. My girlfriend at the time called me and told me she was late on her period. Since then I have been robbed at gunpoint, shot at, nearly drowned, nearly been attacked by a barracuda, fallen off a pier, fell off a ledge and hung 5 floors from the ground, been in a plane that had engine trouble, and one time i got really high and thought I actually did die. I gotta tell you, that call beat all of them.

:eek: Oh shit...I hate to play geology teacher but you guys leave me no choice.

The fault of San Andres does not go all the way down to latinamerica...the fault of San Andres is exclusive to California and California alone...

fault207.gif

The reason why some places of latinamerica are prone to suffer eartquakes is because they are part of a system of faults that conforms what's known as The Ring of Fire of The Pacific

ringoffire.gif

San Andres is only a stretch of this so-called "ring of fire", which is basicly a volcanic subterranean chain.

:)

Claps.. you are so right. I dont know what the heck was I thinking for saying the fault of San Andres goes all the way down to South America. I must have confused it with the Ring of Fire which you speak of. They may not be common in Colombia and such.. but in Chile ( and maybe Peru. ).. they are as frequent as in California. ( not as much perhaps but they are prown to be ).. yeah Earthquake stryke with no warning, scarier then Hurricanes or Tornados which you do get warnings and such.

Claps.. you are so right. I dont know what the heck was I thinking for saying the fault of San Andres goes all the way down to South America. I must have confused it with the Ring of Fire which you speak of. They may not be common in Colombia and such.. but in Chile ( and maybe Peru. ).. they are as frequent as in California. ( not as much perhaps but they are prown to be ).. yeah Earthquake stryke with no warning, scarier then Hurricanes or Tornados which you do get warnings and such.

technically, you weren't that off, the faults continue to form the ring as a whole but they change names from portion to portion and region to region, sorry...I was a big nerd in school :)

;)

Girl as long as you didn't run out naked, all else is fine. Tu te imaginas con un tembleque de esos y que estes en plena pichadera? :3some::aaah:
Niña if it would have happened an hour earlier, that scene would have played out........y con el frio que hace aqui en las noches se me hubiera congelado la papaya mujer!!!!

vampress i wish i was there!!! i could've seen your boobs and your butt bouncing and jiggling all over the place!!!!! :laugh: arrrrggggh what a site i have missed :(
Nahhhhhh actually I was in sweats and a big shirt so you really couldnt see anything!!!!

Shit I ran down barefoot, do you really think that at that moment i'm going to worry about my shoes, fuck that I put them on after I was on the 1st floor outside the building!!!

But thanks for the compliment, I THINK???