Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC club scene vs. Miami club scene... Which is better and is there a difference?

To the person that said Crowbar in NYC is better, Did you ever hit up back yard bambi on Mondays. Crowbar in Miami is bigger, more rooms, more freaky.

Music, depends on whose spinning. In miami you gotta find out where the locals go like rain back in the day on tuesdays, place was off the hook , what ever happen to it, closed down last time i was in miami. My boy works for Carefree in MIami so we be pimpin a bently and have mad hook ups when i go down there, maybee thats why i like it so much. Alo Miami isnt as hard to get comped as in NYC

:laugh: :laugh:

Guest saleen351

apparently in NYC there are complete morons!!!

THERE IS NO TRANCE PLAYED DOWN HERE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Only trance is big friday events at Space with AVB, tiesto and ferry. THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE PARTY OR PLACE THAT PLAYS TRANCE ON THE BEACH!!!!!!!

NOT ONE!

Metropolis (downtown) is bringing trance acts in, but they are very new and won't work.

oh and trance on the space patio, lol LP(owner) would toss the jock off the decks in seconds...

more than likey it was cedric or ivano and they don't ever spin trance!

As for miami's "scene"

you have

Space downtown

metropolis downtown

nocturnal downtown

amika sobe

shine sobe

crobar sobe

mansion sobe

opium/prive sobe

then a ton of tiny places that are not clubs..

Miami's scene in terms of house is horrible... Most parties are not packed and it's really just the bottles and models scene.

Tsettos at Shine sobe TGE

www.shinesouthbeach.com

Until recently NY was at the forefront of Dance Music, and that's why it has the history it has. I can't compare to Miami but compared to all the places I've been to, until recently (say 3/4 years ago) NY used to have groundbreaking clubs (think Garage, Loft, Original Sound Factory, Sound Factory Bar, ...), top-notch musical clubs (places like Vinyl, Shelter, Centro-Fly, Twilo), super-underground parties like nowhere else (things like Jackie 60 or Motherfucker for example), and also top-notch Entertainment clubs (like Palladium, Limemight, Studio 54...).

In each of those categories NY used to be at the top of the game worldwide.

All in all it has to do with the underground artistic community that used to form the real undergrounds (plural) of NYC nightlife, they created the EDGE NY used to have. And even if it's watered down today, this heritage is so strong it still makes NYC one of the top places for real nighttime fun that does not taste too fake. I don't know but I think there's a difference between Louie Vega playing a 4hour set somewhere and Louie Vega playing a 10hour set in his own city with a following that spans decades. Something about originality or Realness maybe.

Also, I don't think it's only about the superclubs (less and less), they're only a part of what makes a good nightlife.

my $.02

The first time I went out in Miami was 1999-2000. It was awesome and I thought everyone was so good looking. The scene was really fun and vibrant and it was a pleasant change from the "hardcoreness" of the New York scene.

I went back this year and it seemed to change. It was like a mass quantity of northeasterners moved down there. I swear to God, if it wasn't for the plam trees I would've thought I was in Bushwick Brooklyn. The crowds just weren't up to the par that was 5 years ago.

So if you're talking about New York vs. Miami, it's New York, hands down. BUT---If you throw Vegas into the comparison equation then it's a whole different story...

crobar- ny is better than miami

nikki beach-miami is better than AC

hotels like skybay & delano better than the hotel scene in ny like W

weather in miami better

girls im miami are easier to talk to/less attitude

i like the European tourists in Miami

big shows like Tiesto and Van Dyk=more energy in NY/better crowd

Miami more laid back and love the latin influence

in Miami you can walk from place to place easier vicinity

NY is the best city in the world more diversity

apples and oranges sums it up

Go to Miami for vacation/live in NY thats the way to do it

Great Post

Nuff Said!!

I have live in Miami for four years. It is fun to party here but hands down I love partying in NYC. Crobar NYC is so much better than Crobar Miami. I just saw Carl Cox/Victor Calderone in NYC and the crowd in NYC is so much fun. Alot of the clubs/lounges in Miami are all about being seen and looking hot. So when I really want to party I go to NYC. But NYE and WMC are awesome in Miami because a lot of cool people and djs are down here. The weather is really nice during those times of year too.

there is no way to compare parting in NY and parting in miami.

Dj's play diferent stuff. who is going to tell me that si better seen danny howells in space than anywhere in NY?

even if the esene es not as great at is use to still NY still having very good residents( I'm not talking about corsten of couerse) and there is a lot of underground parties going on with rally good talent not well known. In Miami everything is materialist. Lots of tourists by the way each time I head south I endindg meeting lots of new yorkers in fact I think 6 out of 10 tourist are from new york. WNC is a diferent story but it's only once a year. I know lots of people who come to new york to party and each time a miami local como to new york to party don't want to leave. In south beach everything close at 5 and you have to go downtown miami for some extra action. then deal with albert the door man at space. and then push people to try to get in to the patio. well it pays of when you see the sunrise in the patio but one single club can be as good as whole city. so i have to say new york is far better to live and miami is just another vacation hotspot