Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Gathering 2006 in Miami

New Times is looking for Local Bands to play at Global Gathering Music Festival at Bicentennial Park on Saturday, March 18th.

One Lucky Band will play on the Main Stage alongside NIN and Rob Zombie.

6 Runners Up will perform on the New Times Stage.

Please send:

Demo (3 - 5 songs), Bio, and Contact Info To:

New Times Music Editor

Jean Carey

2800 Biscayne Blvd.

Ste 100

Miami, FL 33137

All Submissions must be received by Monday, February 13th

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Lee will be using a rare night off from the Motley Crüe tour to join our lineup and play a rock DJ set on the Beach Stage. Apparently Tommy has a few surprises in store as well as friends he's bringing along for the ride...

I read somewhere that Space Ibiza will be featuring live music this coming year. One of the formats being considered is rock. In Los Angeles, Giant's New Years party had a live show featuring some rock band (not a rock fan so i dont care to remember).

Its happening everywhere.

I read somewhere that Space Ibiza will be featuring live music this coming year. One of the formats being considered is rock. In Los Angeles, Giant's New Years party had a live show featuring some rock band (not a rock fan so i dont care to remember).

Its happening everywhere.

Dance clubs are realizing that it isn't a cardinal sin to diversify if space permits. Hell, Space here in Miami had a live hip-hop band (Digable Planets) 2 weeks ago. And ya know what, the crowds didn't seem to mind each other. No fights, no "fuck yous", it was all good.

BACARDI B-Live presents GLOBAL GATHERING

B-Live Beach Stage:

Nine Inch Nails

Rob Zombie

Avenged Sevenfold

Coheed & Cambria

Alkaline Trio

Killswitch Engage

Rise Against

Shinedown

Flyleaf

Lacuna Coil

Bullet for my Valentine

Plus special DJ set by Tommy Lee and friends!

Hosted by 93Rock

Downtown Stage:

Sasha & Digweed

Armin Van Burren

Ferry Corsten

Jimmy Van M

George Acosta

Edgar V

Stryke

+ more TBA

Hosted by Buster (A3TV)

Biscayne Tent:

Deep Dish

Roger Sanchez

Steve Lawler

Murk

Charles Feelgood

Dean Coleman

Cedric Gervais

Ivano Bellini

Tom De Neef

Shawn Rudnick

Denny Tsettos

+ more TBA

Global Beats Tent:

Adam Freeland

Stanton Warriors

Rennie Pilgrem

Uberzone (Live)

Freq Nasty

Evil Nine

K-Swing

Merlyn

Ash Rock

Wendel

+ more TBA

Hosted by Marine Parade

New Times New Talent:

Parantula

Johnny Ramirez

Jae Vynel

DJ Pedro

Filo & Peri

Nelson Diaz

+ more TBA

Table & Bottle Service Package

Bottle service will be available at the Hilltop VIP, and advance reservations are recommended as the number of available tables is limited to fifteen before the event. The advance package is only available until March 17th and includes:

• 4 VIP Tickets

• Separate, no-wait VIP entrance

• One table seating four people on the upper Hilltop VIP deck for the duration of the event.

• One bottle of Bacardi Superior or Bacardi Flavors (Limon, Coco, O, Vanilla, Razz)

• One bottle of choice from Bacardi, Grey Goose, Moet & Chandon, Dewar's, Bombay Sapphire or Cazadores Tequila

• Unlimited mixers

• Additional bottles available either in advance or at the event

The VIP package is available at $1800 by advance reservation only. Please contact Maria Ball at 212.921.2100 x187 for reservations and more information.

The Clarion Hotel in Downtown Miami is officially sold out as of this date. However we do have hotels available in other locations:

Radisson Hotel in Downtown Miami:

$189 discounted room rate (normal $259)

Just call 800-333-3333 and ask for the GLOBAL GATHERING rate.

Kerry Club Hotels has a fine selection of hotels in South Beach and Miami Beach with great rates for Global Gathering ticket buyers. – Just call Michelle at Kerry Club Hotels ask for GLOBAL GATHERING rates and hotel information - Call 323-656-3331 xt. 201 for details.

There's several Kerry Club Hotels on Miami Beach, including the Astor, The Whitelaw, Circa 39, The Aqua, and more...

No.

Do the math.

Hey there fuckface. Tell me where on the site I can see the start and end time of this event. It aint my problem that its not shown on the front page like any other event should. So before you respond like a moron, why don't u either

a) go back to jerking off and not bother responding

B) respond to the question at hand that provides actual information

• 2 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of speaking with Ferry Corsten at a bar in D.C last night. I asked him about set times for global gathering and he said that Sasha & Digweed will not be playing together at all. From what he said Sasha will be going on at 7:30pm followed by Armin van Buuren @ 9:00 and ferry will be closing the show on the main stage from 10:30 to 12:00. Hey POD can you confirm any of this? I really hope that Ferry is mistaken because I was going down mainly for Sasha & Digweed.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Ferry Corsten at a bar in D.C last night. I asked him about set times for global gathering and he said that Sasha & Digweed will not be playing together at all. From what he said Sasha will be going on at 7:30pm followed by Armin van Buuren @ 9:00 and ferry will be closing the show on the main stage from 10:30 to 12:00. Hey POD can you confirm any of this? I really hope that Ferry is mistaken because I was going down mainly for Sasha & Digweed.

I posted this same post on cooljunkie and it has been deleted. what's up with that POD too much info?

Hey there fuckface. Tell me where on the site I can see the start and end time of this event. It aint my problem that its not shown on the front page like any other event should. So before you respond like a moron, why don't u either

a) go back to jerking off and not bother responding

B) respond to the question at hand that provides actual information

global_gathering_header.gif

The header graphic has always said when the festival goes to.

3ibb3, another mod must have taken it down. But to clarify, both guys are playing.

global_gathering_header.gif

The header graphic has always said when the festival goes to.

3ibb3, another mod must have taken it down. But to clarify, both guys are playing.

Yeah but the flyer says Sasha & Digweed which to me says that they are playing together not different sets at 2 different times. i hope i am wrong