Killswitch Engage

Rise Against

Shinedown

Flyleaf

Lacuna Coil

Bullet for my Valentine

--------------------

Release: October 07, 2005

It's never too early to start planning Spring Break.

Next March, you have something else to look forward to besides bikinis, sand, and Springer.

On March 18th and 19th, the world's premiere music festival is coming to Miami. The Global Gathering Festival, one of the hottest music celebrations of the planet, heads to the US, thanks to a partnership between Angel Music Group, Track Entertainment, and Space Miami. (Note: Track Entertainment is the parent company of Clubplanet.com.)

It's the world's third-ever Global Gathering, following on the heels of the two hugely successful European festivals in England and Ireland. These current shows have been produced by AMG over the past five years, setting attendance records in both countries along the way.

The success of 2005’s existing shows has prompted AMG to look for further territories in which to expand the phenomenal Global Gathering concept, which has sold out every previous show. AMG has also been successfully operating the well-known Ice Nightclub in Las Vegas under their other brand moniker; Godskitchen.

So why should you care?

Because this much is certain: expect world-class DJs, blue-chip bands, thousands of half-naked beautiful people, celebrities galore, and a vibe that will rival any concert on the planet.

Speaking on the partnership, an AMG spokesman mentioned the reasons for the expansion: “After the unbelievable response for our events in the UK and Ireland this year we believed that there were many further cities worldwide that were crying out for a quality music event for upwards of 30,000 people. Following a chance meeting with Andrew Fox and Lee Heiman of Track Entertainment (CEO and President respectively), we decided that Miami was a prime opportunity for the first event and pursued the possibility aggressively. It was Track’s existing large scale show expertise that prompted the agreement to be made.”

Track Entertainment has grown since inception in 1987 to a multi talented event producer and has controlled shows featuring some of the world’s most respected artists including Destiny’s Child, Velvet Revolver, Green Day, and Kanye West.

The partnership is completed by local Promoter and well-respected businessman Louis Puig who has been at the forefront of Miami nightlife promotion for over 30 Years including his ownership of the world-renowned Space Nightclub. His unrivalled knowledge and talent relationships have made him the obvious man to complete the team.

Speaking on signing the agreement Puig said:

"There are many reasons why MTV chose Miami to host the Video Music Awards for 2 years in a row. Miami, music and nightlife go hand in hand and especially in March during the Winter Music Conference. I am extremely pleased that AMG selected Miami to hold this world class event and I am looking forward to being a part of what will be the premiere music festival of the year."

-----------------------

http://www.globalgatheringfestival.com/

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Release: October 07, 2005

It's never too early to start planning Spring Break.

Next March, you have something else to look forward to besides bikinis, sand, and Springer.

On March 18th and 19th, the world's premiere music festival is coming to Miami. The Global Gathering Festival, one of the hottest music celebrations of the planet, heads to the US, thanks to a partnership between Angel Music Group, Track Entertainment, and Space Miami. (Note: Track Entertainment is the parent company of Clubplanet.com.)

It's the world's third-ever Global Gathering, following on the heels of the two hugely successful European festivals in England and Ireland. These current shows have been produced by AMG over the past five years, setting attendance records in both countries along the way.

The success of 2005’s existing shows has prompted AMG to look for further territories in which to expand the phenomenal Global Gathering concept, which has sold out every previous show. AMG has also been successfully operating the well-known Ice Nightclub in Las Vegas under their other brand moniker; Godskitchen.

So why should you care?

Because this much is certain: expect world-class DJs, blue-chip bands, thousands of half-naked beautiful people, celebrities galore, and a vibe that will rival any concert on the planet.

Speaking on the partnership, an AMG spokesman mentioned the reasons for the expansion: “After the unbelievable response for our events in the UK and Ireland this year we believed that there were many further cities worldwide that were crying out for a quality music event for upwards of 30,000 people. Following a chance meeting with Andrew Fox and Lee Heiman of Track Entertainment (CEO and President respectively), we decided that Miami was a prime opportunity for the first event and pursued the possibility aggressively. It was Track’s existing large scale show expertise that prompted the agreement to be made.â€

Track Entertainment has grown since inception in 1987 to a multi talented event producer and has controlled shows featuring some of the world’s most respected artists including Destiny’s Child, Velvet Revolver, Green Day, and Kanye West.

The partnership is completed by local Promoter and well-respected businessman Louis Puig who has been at the forefront of Miami nightlife promotion for over 30 Years including his ownership of the world-renowned Space Nightclub. His unrivalled knowledge and talent relationships have made him the obvious man to complete the team.

Speaking on signing the agreement Puig said:

"There are many reasons why MTV chose Miami to host the Video Music Awards for 2 years in a row. Miami, music and nightlife go hand in hand and especially in March during the Winter Music Conference. I am extremely pleased that AMG selected Miami to hold this world class event and I am looking forward to being a part of what will be the premiere music festival of the year."

-----------------------

Lineup to be announced shortly.

===================================================

Hey Dave, how does a DJ get booked?

I spin funky and disco-sliced house. NYC, Chicago and Ibiza styles. Very dancable and sexy stuff the ladies love. Freedom@mixcraft.net since I don't know if I will find this post again (I tend to float around the internet a bit)

You can check out some of my remix work at

http://freedom.mixcraft.net

I change them every week.

• 2 weeks later...

WTF? I just heard that the Global Gathering event set for March in

Miami is going to consist of mainly Heavy Metal and Hip-Hop. I got a

list of some of the bands playing and I am TOTALLY DISAPOINTED! I

thought this was going to be a big dance music event but it looks like

they have gone for the metal rock and hip hop crowd instead. Here are

some of the bigger names I heard were playing for Global Gathering:

Chambers and Cambridge, Rise Against, Coheed and Cambria, Nine Inch

Nails and Tap Root.

I just went to the websites to sample their music and it sounds like

pop metal S*%@! I thought they would at least get an act like

Underworld or Paul van Dyk. OR a top 5 dj, AT LEAST! What a let down :

(

Nails and Tap Root.

(

haha, wtf? that's pretty weird. Maybe they figured out that it's pointless to compete with Ultra. Or maybe Ultra locked all the talent before Global could get in the game. Whatever the case, I believe i'll be skipping that event.

Nails and Tap Root.

(

That's not completely true. Look for a very interesting lineup to be announced soon...

Before y'all get worked up over nothing, think about the advantages of having world-renowned rock acts in the same festival as your favorite dance acts.

Dance music needs a lot of exposure right now...having the rock fans check out some of the DJs will be invaluable.

From a DJ/producer's perspective, it works out too...think remix and production opportunities...I'm positive the rock artists will be around checking out the other areas of the fest before and after their sets...

I don't think Dance Music or EDM is in that much DIRE STRAITS to need Rock Music Fans to check out EDM. and Vice Versa. I see where you're coming from as far as a Producer but give me a break Dance Music has never died and never will so spare me with the "dance music needs" propaganda!

Funny how the dance music community is supposedly about being open to new ideas...then I read posts like yours :).

God forbid more people enjoy the music that we love. Dance music is kind of like protesting, the more people involved, the more fun it gets.

Latest Lineup:

Electronic:

Sasha & Digweed

Deep Dish

Steve Lawler

Armin Van Burren

Ferry Corsten

Roger Sanchez (live)

Jimmy Van M

Dean Coleman

Tom De Neef

Rock: