Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Puppy Training

guest00901

So my fiance and I got a puppy together yesturday

We already have a few animals but our big step together was getting a dog

We agreed on a Puggle (( Half Beagle half Pug )) They are ADORIABLE

So we went to this really great place in Jersey and got her last night.

Now the lady taught us how to train the dog, from house breaking, to how to play with them, to their diets

What I wanna know is, has this really worked for anyone? And if we should just train her the way we both know when we had dogs. Which was doing the NO when they have an accident and show them where the we we pads are.

I feel awful having her in a cage all day but the women said we have to

Any thoughts?

She'll get to be about 20lbs

They look like mini mastif's when they get older

They are the most amazing loveable friendly dogs

We named her Jill and she is about 2 months old

She did pretty well for her first night, but the women at the training center told us only to play with her for 5 min and then put her back every few hours

I'm sorry, I WILL NOT leave my dog in a cage all day and just play with her for 5min

So I had her running around in circles this morning in our bedroom

She's so silly and tiny and cute

But yea ... I just wanna know if we should stick to some of the things she told us to do?

I'm sorry, I WILL NOT leave my dog in a cage all day and just play with her for 5min

Good, cuz thats fucking rediculous. Its one thing to crate train and gradually give the dog the run of the house, but to keep it in a cage all day is insane.

Hope it works out better than the rotweiller.

...was that the pet she had for like three days and then had to give away?...oh and even though you shouldve researched this before you got the pet, check out some books, local dog centers (for training), etc....there's plenty of information out there to help you out...there's even dog-sitters that can come by and take your dog out during the day...

Now the lady taught us how to train the dog, from house breaking, to how to play with them, to their diets

What I wanna know is, has this really worked for anyone? And if we should just train her the way we both know when we had dogs. Which was doing the NO when they have an accident and show them where the we we pads are.

Any thoughts?

That's bullshit. I just recently got another dog, told us the same thing. The vet said that's ridiculous and all that will happen is that the dog will sit in it's own piss all day... they physically can't hold it yet. Just do it the way you did it before... that is, if that way worked.

Any thoughts?

there isnt anything wrong with crate training if you set the dog to a schedule. as long as you dont crate her up while you are home walking around. we've done it with our dog for the past 9 years. Its his bed at nite and then during the cold days....from 9 am til 2 pm.

there isnt anything wrong with crate training if you set the dog to a schedule. as long as you dont crate her up while you are home walking around. we've done it with our dog for the past 9 years. Its his bed at nite and then during the cold days....from 9 am til 2 pm.

If you've been doing it for 9 years, it's not training. It's jail.

my dog is house trained, but u have to be rough with them no matter hjow cute they are, thats y we left that up to my dad ,lol, anyway, my dog sleeps in his cage only, but we tried to take it away one time and give him a bed, but he cried and slept on the couch , he loves that thing , so when we put it back he stayed in there all day long!!!!! he was so scared we were gonna take it away again, so unfortunately we were never able to keep the cute bed that we got him, oh well, its wierd but he loves it

Any thoughts?

but to keep it in a cage all day is insane.

Very true...at the beginning, she'll pee everywhere..but she'll learn..my baby girl even waits until I get out of bed..if I sleep until 1pm, she's in bed with me till then!!! I would never keep a dog in a cage/crate all day!

When training your pup you have to be very firm with them. When they do something wrong you have to verbally scold them and let them know (you dont need to hit them) if they pee or defecate grab them by the neck and push their face into it. It seems evil but thats the only way to make them understand they did something wrong. Goodluck with your dog.

Any thoughts?