The Mets licked balls this year

calebdead

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah two teams that wouldve BOTH won your division you dumb fucking douche

probably not, they wouldnt have the 19 against the devil rays, or the orioles, or the blue jays.

the braves, phillies, marlins and nationals are all better. theres bet the yanks and red sox dont even win the division.

probably not, they wouldnt have the 19 against the devil rays, or the orioles, or the blue jays.

the braves, phillies, marlins and nationals are all better. theres bet the yanks and red sox dont even win the division.

But we still would of got to play 32 games against the nl west and not had to play the angels, A's, and they all would of won the nl west by 20 games.

Also we played the two "top" teams in you super division and went 5 and 1

2 out of 3 from the braves and swept the phillies. To say we or the yanks would not of won the east is silly

bottom line is the mets are going nowhere continuing in their ways. we hear all this stuff all the time about the mets are making a change for the better and whatnot, but taking a step back and looking at the overall picture, you can tell that things aint gonna change in flushing anytime soon

yeah, with 3 teams under .500.

add it up.

there are only 2 good teams in your division. that doesnt make it tough. it makes it mediocre.

you swap the yanks and sox with atlanta and philly then yuo would have had three teams under .500 in the nl east too.

Just because you guys are all about the same talent (atlanta was the only one who did really well against the nl east the rest went about .500) and went 89-65 (nl east vs nl west) against the worst division in baseball history doesn't make you division tougher.

things aint changing anytime soon... hmmmm

well we pretty much got better from 2004 and that trend will continue..

geez you yankee and sox fans talk a lot of shit for teams that got wiped out in the first round... sox got swept i might add..

that says a lot for the the two highest payrolls in baseball..

sure we have a high payroll..but when you look at it...

we actually got better..both your teams got worse

bottom line is the mets are going nowhere continuing in their ways. we hear all this stuff all the time about the mets are making a change for the better and whatnot, but taking a step back and looking at the overall picture, you can tell that things aint gonna change in flushing anytime soon

Wait a sec? Your Sox got swept and they're heading down the shitter faster than Teddy Bruschi's ticker. Who the hell you gonna rest your hopes on in 2006?

Wells?

Clement?

Schilling?

Foulke?

The knuckleballer??

Manny's good as traded...Damon is gone. Sox starters are trash and the bullpen is worse! Unless Ortiz is going to hit 150 HR's...Your team is a 70 win train wreck waiting to happen. :laugh:

Way to actually address the counter to the 'point' you were trying to make. You're really good at this debating thing. Did you do it in high school?

And you're using that 'go get em' next year' line on us HAHAHAHAHAHA. THATS PRACTICALLY YOUR MANTRA. ALWAYS PLAYING FOR NEXT YEAR. Seriously, doesn't it get tired?

p.s. I bet a first round loss wasn't as disappointing as a 4th place finish? Or even the flameout you had in September just when you were trying to make a run?

im siting here reading all this back and forth between caleb and all the mets fans and its hilarious..........caleb the reason why you bash the mets is cause your overpaid underachieving team hasnt done shit for the last 5 years..........winning divisions and making playoffs doesnt do it for yankee fans,u guys have set the bar so high for yourselves with all this overspending that a world series is the ony way to justify a good year for you guys and since latelt that aint happening u have no where to turn but to bash the mets......take a good look at your team,,,,,,its old and isnt getting any younger,,,,,,the world series less years are jus gonna keep rolling in for a while to u guys get younger or buy every player out there..........met fans r hoping for improvement slowly cause god knows they dont have the team to win a championship yet,but overall they r heading in the right direction..........and for you sox fans ur team is on the verge of falling apart due to age and free agency

and besides i think i bring up more than just one

ive mentioned huber

woah, easy guy...let's try not making this guy out to be the next Don Mattingly just yet

i dont understand making a 20 something game swing from last year to this year isn't "making a change for the better"...were we suppose to win the WS a year after being 20 games UNDER .500? :confused:

im siting here reading all this back and forth between caleb and all the mets fans and its hilarious..........caleb the reason why you bash the mets is cause your overpaid underachieving team hasnt done shit for the last 5 years..........winning divisions and making playoffs doesnt do it for yankee fans,u guys have set the bar so high for yourselves with all this overspending that a world series is the ony way to justify a good year for you guys and since latelt that aint happening u have no where to turn but to bash the mets......take a good look at your team,,,,,,its old and isnt getting any younger,,,,,,the world series less years are jus gonna keep rolling in for a while to u guys get younger or buy every player out there..........met fans r hoping for improvement slowly cause god knows they dont have the team to win a championship yet,but overall they r heading in the right direction..........

exactly

Wait a sec? Your Sox got swept and they're heading down the shitter faster than Teddy Bruschi's ticker. Who the hell you gonna rest your hopes on in 2006?

Wells?

Clement?

Schilling?

Foulke?

The knuckleballer??

Manny's good as traded...Damon is gone. Sox starters are trash and the bullpen is worse! Unless Ortiz is going to hit 150 HR's...Your team is a 70 win train wreck waiting to happen. :laugh:

first off, I already stated the sox are just as bad at signing veterens.......and the subject isnt the red sox, its the mets. the mets continue to say how they have a fresh new look and blah blah blah, but continue to pull the same bullshit moves that keep their team in next to last place in their division.

i'm not even going to bring up how the mets have the third highest payroll and didnt even finish middle of the pack in the division....nevermind make the playoffs like the teams with the two highest payrolls did

.....oh wait, i just mentioned it right? ooops

i dont understand making a 20 something game swing from last year to this year isn't "making a change for the better"...were we suppose to win the WS a year after being 20 games UNDER .500? :confused:

fuck yeah the mets were supposed to win the world series....isnt that why players play the game?

or is mets' mentality to just go out there and suit up to collect a paycheck?

also...going from 20 games under .500 to next to last in their division is not an accomplishment for a team with the third highest payroll in baseball

the mets should be embarassed for fuck's sake

i know i'd be if the sox fell to second to last in the division

ok dude...now you are borderline trolling..

if the owner and GM of the team think we did a great job this year then who cares what you a non Met fan thinks..

our main goal was too get better.. we did

id be more embarassed of a defending WS champ getting SWEPT in the first round..goes to the show the SOX aint nothing more than a 1 hit wonder... another 86 years..:laugh:

also...going from 20 games under .500 to next to last in their division is not an accomplishment for a team with the third highest payroll in baseball

the mets should be embarassed for fuck's sake

i know i'd be if the sox fell to second to last in the division

Hope ur ready for it then ;)

if the owner and GM of the team think we did a great job this year then who cares what you a non Met fan thinks..

id be more embarassed of a defending WS champ getting SWEPT in the first round..goes to the show the SOX aint nothing more than a 1 hit wonder... another 86 years..:laugh:

here's my point:

the management shouldnt focus on getting better, they should focus on the the world series

(especially with the third highest payroll)

werd...bosox couldnt even win their division.