(dress like a) Celebrity Halloween Slide @ Tabu

Masque Halloween Ball w/ Boy George @ Club Rio

Masque Afterparty @ Risque

Anything Goes @ Drai's

Monday

Monster Mash w/DJ Jazzy Jeff @ Tangerine

Beaux Arts Ball @ Studio 54

Dante's Masquerade @ Foundation Room

List updated, added Tao's Masquerade Ball hosted by Dennis Rodman.

Fatman Scoop is one of OPM's new residents, in another post MasterWeb said he's along with Kid Capri is going to take over Friday nights once a month... but I haven't yet seen an announcement/confirmation that they're having a costume gig on a particular night.

Sorry, but I don't care how you slice it. $50 door for a 3am start at a club with no rep or anticipation? Maybe it's just me, but I'm not hearing a big buzz about Late Night Empire yet... who knows, maybe the grand opening goes off this weekend and warrants the cover.

It's the venue and the crowd that makes the draw; a big-name/draw DJ by himself isn't going to do it alone, not with a huge cover attached. Boris kills it, I've seen him in both NYC and LV and he doesn't disappoint. But his last time through LV I paid mmmmaybe $20 at most.

Mind you, I'll probably wind up lining up at Empire and shelling out. But it's still steep. With women getting in free but guys paying $50... well, let's just say even through whatever colored glasses I'm wearing at the time, I'm still going to take one hell of a close look at who's lining up to get in. :)

I agree greenie, even fetish and fantasy ball is only 41.50 after 1:30......

Sorry, but I don't care how you slice it. $50 door for a 3am start at a club with no rep or anticipation? Maybe it's just me, but I'm not hearing a big buzz about Late Night Empire yet... who knows, maybe the grand opening goes off this weekend and warrants the cover.

It's the venue and the crowd that makes the draw; a big-name/draw DJ by himself isn't going to do it alone, not with a huge cover attached. Boris kills it, I've seen him in both NYC and LV and he doesn't disappoint. But his last time through LV I paid mmmmaybe $20 at most.

Mind you, I'll probably wind up lining up at Empire and shelling out. But it's still steep. With women getting in free but guys paying $50... well, let's just say even through whatever colored glasses I'm wearing at the time, I'm still going to take one hell of a close look at who's lining up to get in. :)

On a side note....Friday nite at Drais is strictly Fetish....no fantasy. And cover will probably be about $50. Also our DJ's are not mediocre. Over 70% of our customers are the same every weekend. Not to mention...people go to a club not just for the DJ's but for the atmosphere and service which we pride ourselves on. :)

Happy Halloween everyone.

No doubt that there is room for two (regular) afterhours clubs in town... it's just that it seems odd the new kid on the block is going with a $50 cover right off the bat regardless of who's on the decks.

As DV wrote, Drai's popularity has more to do with their regular crowd and a long history of service to the afterhours crowd, one which in my experience cares less about the name on the marquee and more about the scene itself. Drai's needs only the most minimal amount of promotion and can charge what they want simply because the crowd is willing to bear it.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Empire is going after this market and I'd love nothing more than to see it succeed... but given the large capacity and lack of rep for the event, it just seems like $50 cover is motivated more by greed than it is by a desire to establish itself on the scene.

Apologies to those I may have left out.

Friday

DJ Stretch Armstrong @ Pure

Night of the Living Dolls #1 @ Studio 54

Summerlin Swamp Thing @ Plush

Thank Glaude it's Felix @ ICE

Fetish @ Drai's

Saturday

Fetish & Fantasy Ball @ LV Sports Center

Monsterball w/ Sasha @ ICE

Halloween Bash w/ Jenny McCarthy and Jenna Jameson @ Body English

Night of the Living Dolls #2 @ Studio 54

Quench your Thirst @ Teatro

Scary, Sexy and Ultra Spooky @ Tabu

Night of Creeps @ Rain

Trauma Halloween Party @ Vivid

Halloween Ball w/ DJ Stretch Armstrong @ Tangerine

Masquerade Ball w/ Dennis Rodman @ Tao

Late Night Empire w/ Boris @ Empire

Last Chance in Hell @ Drai's

Sunday

Halloween w/Wilmer Valderrama @ Pure

Halloween Ball@ Body English

Saints & Sinners Ball @ Light

Nightmare on 54th Street @ Studio 54

(dress like a) Celebrity Halloween Slide @ Tabu

Masque Halloween Ball w/ Boy George @ Club Rio

Masque Afterparty @ Risque

Anything Goes @ Drai's

Monday

Monster Mash w/DJ Jazzy Jeff @ Tangerine

Beaux Arts Ball @ Studio 54

Dante's Masquerade @ Foundation Room

Did anyone see that flyer of Jenny McCarthy with Jenna Jameson? Comments?

Greed isn't the motivation

Marketing, promotions and talent are not free

However the input is appreciated and a change has been made

Not only is that great to see, but I think that's the proper way to get established with a regular public -- both locals and frequent travelers.

For $30 I will unquestionably get myself a pre-sale ticket and come check out Empire -- I am always excited to check out a new event, particularly withsomeone like Boris on the decks. Right on!

id rather pay the 50 in advance the give 50 to a fckin bouncer or dorrman and then pay a cover, halloweenis nuts and if u dont think boris will attract a crowd for this event ur seiously mistaken. I already have about 20 people that r down for this event............and i see boris every other week at crobar and ill still pay it........3am theres no sleeping in vegas anyway lol

FWIW read somewhere that based on flight reservations and hotel bookings, Vegas is the biggest travel destination in the world for Halloween this year.

vegoose leads advertising links on myspace this week. rooms are pushing $300. But Sunday and monrning baby - cheapppppppp :rock: