Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez.... Halloween roxy questions

edubz

Hello all,

I havent been out to a large city dance club in years. I wanted to go to the Roxy to listen to Junior Vasquez play. I have some questions.

Do I need a costume to get in?

Is there a smoking section?

How much will the cover be?

What time does junior come on.

Thanks

THRILLER

PREMIERING SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2005

STARRING JUNIOR VASQUEZ

W/ PERFORMANCES BY SIMONE DENNY AND TIM REX FEAT. VERONICA

FEATURING SUPA NOVA - $1000 COSTUME PRIZE

DOORS OPEN AT 11:00PM

ADVANCE TICKETS $25 (AVAILABLE AT RE:VISION, WEAR ME OUT, ROXY BOX OFFICE, CIRCUITTICKET.COM AND ******************.COM)

HALLOWEEN AT THE ROXY 515 W. 18 ST., NYC 212.645.5156

DOORS CLOSES AT 8AM, JUNIOR ENDS AROUND 10AM

costume .no

smoking section. yes- u have to go to the stairwell or just smoke on the low on the dancefloor.

$20 before 1am. 25 after

the better question is what time does he get off the decks?

strange... last time I heard junior spin at twilo, he did not go on til like 5 am.... the suspense was crazy, but when he came on he ripped the roof off twilo when he opened...

I plan on going to this party also, haven't heard him in ages.

I hope they're not picky with letting girls in though. Has his parties eased up on that door policy? I remeber him at Twilo and the door was extremely tough with letting girls in - at Tunnel it wasn't as bad.

strange... last time I heard junior spin at twilo, he did not go on til like 5 am.... the suspense was crazy, but when he came on he ripped the roof off twilo when he opened...

uh - you really haven't been out in ages.... ain't the same and wait until you hear jr....he hasn't been like he was at twilo since actually

party ends at 10am...doors close at 8am

I would assume door for girls will be ok--its John Blair's party and he doesn't seem to be as tough as he used to be letting women in. Even when he was Halloween seemed less strict. There were plenty of females there last week for Madonna.

If you are really worried use an elaborate costume, or slip in with the drag queens lol.

I plan on going to this party also, haven't heard him in ages.

I hope they're not picky with letting girls in though. Has his parties eased up on that door policy? I remeber him at Twilo and the door was extremely tough with letting girls in - at Tunnel it wasn't as bad.

Buy an advance ticket from junior's web site and you will have no problem at all.

uh - you really haven't been out in ages.... ain't the same and wait until you hear jr....he hasn't been like he was at twilo since actually...

He actually gives all the club vibe sounds.

Some of --------

Bassline

Sound Factory 27th street days

Tunnel (nyc)

Palladium/Arena

Twilo/Juniorverse

Exit/Earth

Discotheque

and the present.

Take your pick, the Junior Vasquez has alot of sounds/tracks to try to please people from different stages of his dj residencies. He plays everything from each place, not just one particular time and place.

wow--seriously? what happened? (i thought they were immune lol)

Yeah, I thought roxy was untouchable too. I don't really know what happened. I heard everything from "the club went bankrupt" to "they lost their liquor license" to "they were going to sell alcohol at a 18/over party", and "the court date for a reopening hearing is thursday" to "it will never reopen": all in all, good old speculations. Time will tell.

From jvm board

*** DO NOT BELIEVE THE RUMORS ***

THE ROXY LIVES!

THE SHOW GOES ON TONIGHT!

John Blair and ROXY Saturdays present THRILLER tonight at

ROXY

Thrilling Music by Junior Vasquez.

$1000 COSTUME CONTEST at 1:00am

Performances by Simone Denny & Supanova.

Outrageous décor by Scott Aguiar & Mitch Amtr@k.

Lights by Darren Kawa.

Sound by Phazon.

Door by Derrik Neen & Darrell Elmore.

Hosted by Mark Nelson.

515 W 18 St NYC 212-645-5156 jblair.com

******************.com

marknelson.biz

ARRIVE EARLY ** - ANTICIPATE LONG LINES

EXPECT TO BE THRILLED!

Yeah, got an email from Mark Nelson saying the same thing.. so was it really closed? If it was just a rumor how would it ever get started? (ok, I realize the vortex of drama around junior and his rabid fans/haters... but still...)

just a bump for people who don't know

Yeah, got an email from Mark Nelson saying the same thing.. so was it really closed? If it was just a rumor how would it ever get started? (ok, I realize the vortex of drama around junior and his rabid fans/haters... but still...)

just a bump for people who don't know

The rumors were about how long the club will be closed by the cops, i.e. will jr party happen at all or not. And it is true, the club was closed yesterday, I know, I was there (cops, and judge paper stuck to the door, ...all the usual drama).

Closed Friday, open (shorter night apparently) Saturday. It isn't about fake drama brought by haters, it really happened and people were just wondering.