Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Books

Destiny

i just bought a million little pieces by james frey..suppose to be real good havent started it yet but will soon..

...yea that's the hot book right now cause oprah lol.........

...last book i read was THE KITE RUNNER.....um i finished it in 2 days .....soooo goood.....it's about life in afghanistan(sp!?)...and the life of a privileged boy there back in his childhood then to america etc...how things change with war and time ..........

..now i am reading memoirs of a geisha..

I don't really like Oprah's book club picks...they're usually all the same type of books...I think that it would be difficult to really understand a million little pieces unless you've been through methadone addiction....the only Oprah book that I really liked was the Corrections...

I've been reading Short Stories, by Ernest Hemingway....they're very....interesting. I just finished Waterfront - a history of New York and it's waterways told by the author while walking the perimeter of Manhattan.

Next I plan on my first trip into sci-fi worlds....w/ Hypherion. I heard it's fabulous...so why not start there?

i just bought a million little pieces by james frey..suppose to be real good havent started it yet but will soon..

I thought it was a good book... the follow up "My Friend Leonard" was a good book too, because it shows what happens after rehab...

...last book i read was THE KITE RUNNER.....um i finished it in 2 days .....soooo goood.....it's about life in afghanistan(sp!?)...and the life of a privileged boy there back in his childhood then to america etc...how things change with war and time ..........

I LOVED kite runner, thought it was excellent... if you liked that, there's another book called The Swallows of Kabul" ... shows what the taliban puts people through... was a good book as well..

I'm currently reading A House for Mr. Biswas by VS Naipal... so far it's a good read..

the past couple of books I've read have been all chic lit... but there were some good ones, Sharing Sean was good.... Three Wishes... In Her Shoes...

I just started reading Angels and Deamons, so far so good

I can't even tell you how much I love that and the Davinci code....amazing. I loved they symbology and references so much I read them both twice.

I strongly recommend the books with illustrations. I got D.C. from Overstock.com for 15 bucks.

Guest onisakura

I just picked up Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt by Anne Rice. Should be interesting to see what the creator of the Vampire Lestat says about Jesus. So far its pretty damn good.....

Next pick is Son of a Witch. Been wanting to catch Wicked on Broadway...anyone seen it?

..so i read girl,interrupted...like yesterday and today lol....its done.....very good.....if u liked the movie it's interesting to see how much of it is right from the book.......she is really a witty writer.....

...i also bought jarhead...i dunno..i guess i am on a movie book kick lol..

..so i read girl,interrupted...like yesterday and today lol....its done.....very good.....if u liked the movie it's interesting to see how much of it is right from the book.......she is really a witty writer.....

...i also bought jarhead...i dunno..i guess i am on a movie book kick lol..

I love reading, but can't standing reading the book and seeing the movie. I think it's because its never ever the same. Takes away from the affect of it. The only movie and book i ever liked both was Gone with the wind.

I'm seeing Jarhead this weekend though :tongue:

girl interrupted was pretty good....i think i still liked the movie better in that case, though....right now im reading "dying to live" by chuck klosterman where he goes on a trip around the US to the death sites of famous rock stars...its actually really good...i like chuck klosterman, he's pretty funny...