Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Time to get to know your myspace friends better

I have been in the biz for more years than I care to admit and fo some of that time I had the pleasure of Workin with Davis G whether he was behind the bar or in the DJ booth. What he is trying to do at Centro, I believe, is to bring back the party bar vibe like we had in the old poor billys days, which I think is a great idea, those were some of the best times of my life and some of the biggest money I ever made!!!! That being said I hate to break it to the uneducated or "newbie" club scene promoters or goers, The international dj, true clubhead crowd is the minority of club and bar goers!!!! We are in Jersey not New York!!! The most successful (meaning most profitable) bars and clubs in New Jersey dont play hard house music!!!! At the height of Poor Billys we had 4 slammin nights!!! How many of these super clubs with these flawless promotions that you say do it "right" Have more than 1 slammin night? Not 1!!!! I usually don't get into this but I cant stand ignorance and people runnin their mouths when they dont know what the Fuck they are talkin about. Gary, do your thing you know what works and what doesn't and you haters and clueless people shut up!!! The bar business is a complex and diffficult business, and you will learn if you can comprehend all of this that there are many many facets to making a place successful!!!!!

That being said, Have a nice day, and Davis lets get a reunion party goin, I would definately be on board!!! Do your thing kid!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that night was great...

For those that want to knock it, but never been there thats stupid. Thats like agreeing with some one you never met but spreading a word about the person. Try this...

Get a group of your friends down to centro on a friday night (pay the $10 at the door, ladies free) and see how it goes. If you still say it sucks well then your not being a hipocrite.

From the looks of it your probably 20, and very pissed off that you cant get into a place thats 21+ of age. I will admit when i was 20 it sucks but if thats your reasoning as well the STFU. Otherwise take on the challenge and go there what could possibly be wrong? If you dont like it, leave and go down the block to abyss.

So are you going to take on the challenge? And that goes for anyone on here. (BTW this goes for anything in life, dont knock it till you try it)

• 1 month later...
Oh jesus are you fucking kidding me ....get a fucking hobby .....do you realize how fucking painful you sound right now ......you sound like one of those stuck up coke whores you meet in NYC look all hot dont want to talk to you unless you tell them you make 6 figures only drink champagne but at the end of the night they are all drunk sniffing an 8 ball and getting gangbanged by you and a host of midgets

So what are you saying we all should take and make going out something so important in our life like getting a job or getting a higher education. Should we all act like we are soo fucking important and glamorous like Paris Hilton and try to live the jet setting lifestyle ....

dude you take this way to serious

you are soo fucking GLAM......

btw if you think Deko is the be all end all on club management remember they were so good that they were the first people to institute 18 to party in NJ which basically single handedly ruined nightlife in NJ also also got them a nice 1:30 closing ...if they were doing soo fucking great with their international djs idea how come they play hip hop downstairs in a place that fits 500 people Max. How come they cant fill Abyss how about the fact the they over pay international dj's plus pay a bunch of promoters (which btw also ruined nightlife in NJ) in a place that barely can give them back the money to cover the cost of the DJ you really think they are living the highlife over there ???? you are sadly mistaken i bet their margins are worse than many other clubs in NJ but in your head they are GREAT and thats cool but open your mind up past the point of the newest remix and realize that its a business and its a hard business and you should be lucky that there are other places even if they dont have that stuck up elitist attitude you displayed in your post . Stop sounding soo bitter…..

I must respond to this..

Im just gonna respond to all your points, No drama just gonna state facts cause i know them. And i know the #'s. So please just listen to what i have to say.

#1 Deko was NEVER 18 To Party Our First Year was 23 for guys 21 for ladies.

#2 Our Capacity "Legally" Is 850. We do over 700 every week(thats over 4 years) We have done as many as 1200 and broke 1000 on many sat nights. Most ppl are upstairs but the hip hop room is crowded as well. Depends on what night you go. Thursdays is more @400, but saturdays unless we have a realy off night which we have had(everyone has them) we do on average 700 ppl.

#3 We close at 2am. Lights go on and last call is at 1:50am. Music goes off at 2am.

#4 Club Abyss On A Saturday Night Does Well Over 1000 ppl. On A Teen Night We do average 2000 kids. On Big teen nights we have to open deko and we do 4000 kids.

#5 We have established relationships with most djs that play for us, we dont just randomly book the dj, Either myself, Richie, or the owners have a relationship with that DJ so its always a good deal. Usually the going rate, we DONT Overpay. And To be honest.....the calls from the bigger names have been comin in like crazy. They WANT to play the room, and for that reason we get good deals. That and the fact that every dj that has came has been impressed and always likes the way we run the place, and the way we treat them.

#6 Our Margins Are Fine. We Just Lowered Our Cover understanding that ppl are broker these days. We understood what we had to do, and were having one of our best years. Also the owners/management know what they are doing, you think if these djs werent working out for us as well we would keep doing them? Cmon bro, i respect everyones opinions but your makin statements that are not true.

Finally. I wish Gary and Centro all the best. The more places that are busy, that means the more ppl that are going out....that in turn is good for us and all other nightclubs/bars in the state.

In no way am i sayin dont compete, thats just ridiculous. Competition is what drives all of us in this business to stay on your toes.

I welcome it and respect it, and i will be at centro having a drink with gary soon.

I know this thread is old, and i dont reply to shit like this, but when your makin statements that are not true, and makes something we have worked hard for sound like its nothing, then i have to.

Hope you respect and understand what im sayin.

this wasnt meant to badmouth deko/abyss i know it sounds like that but its just points that had to be made to someone who thinks their shit smells like roses...

they do their thing and thats cool but to make it sound like they invented nightlife............ nigga please

In no way do we think that. Trust me bro, we are happy and appreciative to what he have. We have worked hard for it, and will continue to work hard.

Dont like to get caught up in the drama, especially on message boards.