Clubplanet Nightlife Community

outdoor smoking ban

supposedly "they" are thinking about proposing an OUTDOOR smoking ban: no smoking outside of public places and places of work.. 70 something percent of polled people approve of it, 54 percent of smokers do as well...!!!

grrrrrr...... now i seriously should quit.. not like i said i would when the first ban went into action.

Last year, a person smoking in his home was sued by his neighbor. The court and that person agreed to ban him from smoking in his home because the 2nd hand smoke would come out of his window, into his neighbors window and cause bodily harm to his neighbor.

Great news for those who dont smoke.

OUTSIDE smoking, give me a break. Next week I'm gonna propose a ban on ditastefull clothing because they're harming my visual environment, morons who talk on their cell phone in restaurant because they're harming my auditive comfort, ... this is second hand stress for me and it's bad for my heart.

This is ludicrous.

PS: and I don't even smoke.

ok, i went back and checked the facts, smoking is responsible for approx 400,000 deaths per year and falling (as per CDC), obesity is responsible for 320,000 deaths per year (as per asbp) and rising.......

In my opinion, McDonalds has created just as much Addiction, Disease and Un-Healthiness as Phillip Morris has.

Parents who give their kids McDonalds should be put in the same light as parents who give their kids cigarettes

ok, i went back and checked the facts, smoking is responsible for approx 400,000 deaths per year and falling (as per CDC), obesity is responsible for 320,000 deaths per year (as per asbp) and rising.......

In my opinion, McDonalds has created just as much Addiction, Disease and Un-Healthiness as Phillip Morris has.

Parents who give their kids McDonalds should be put in the same light as parents who give their kids cigarettes

you made a good point, but fatass in mcdonalds is not going to give me cancer

i never heard of parents giving their kids cigarettes..

:confused:

smoking does much more harm to innocent bystanders than overeating

also, obesity will never be as controllable as cigarette smoking..

you're way off on this one

its such a double standard overall .. and what i dont understand is why dont they ban outdoor drinkin .. just cause my belch wont kill you .. the fact that im piss drunk might ...

i just dont understand that ciggie witch hunt when drinking has many evils to it as well ... there is no ciggie rehab, or no one has ever beat their spouse/child while on a ciggie bender ..

supposedly "they" are thinking about proposing an OUTDOOR smoking ban: no smoking outside of public places and places of work.. 70 something percent of polled people approve of it, 54 percent of smokers do as well...!!!

grrrrrr...... now i seriously should quit.. not like i said i would when the first ban went into action.

These people should die!! Bastards, how much more of your freedom are you willing to give up. New Yorkers should protest this shit!

what politician would ever speak up for the rights of smokers? NONE. its political suicide.

smokers are a minority group, but the only minority group that it is acceptible to pass these laws against.

if 10% of the people in the country smoked and they put to vote a ban to ALL smoking anywhere, what non-smoker would vote no? None.

there is no protection for smokers. smokers need their own naacp.