Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Report on Studio 54 Tuesday / DJ P / Brutal VIP hustle

djmasterweb

About 20 friends and I went to Studio 54 on Tuesday Nov 8 to celebrate a friend's bday. We all work in the industry. We reserved a table area and 3 bottles.

First off I want to give props to DJ P. He is a very awesome DJ and he read the crowd nicely, mixed and timed very well. Ironically, with all the talk on this board about djs using technology, DJ P uses a digital echo/effects machine so I guess he cheats like the rest of us LOL! He also puts "cheat tape" on his vinyl to mark the cue spots (which is fine in my book but some would argue that a "real" vinyl dj doesn't do that either LOL)!

The club was only half full at best and appeared to attract mostly 25 to 45 crowd, who looked like they were tourists.

OK for the hustle part - and this is pretty despicable in my opinion. Our group tipped the waitress 30% of the bill by 2am and someone who claimed he was a manager went up to the birthday girl in our group and complained to her that we didn't tip the waitress enough yet! I don't have names yet, but that is pretty much a guaranteed way to alienate local industry bottle buyers if you ask me. It was probably the most obnoxious hustle I have ever experienced in this town. What's your thoughts on that?

Studio 54 is still a "name brand" nightclub, but it has lost some of it's pizzaz. I would still refer this club to a client depending on their taste, but if a client specifically asked for a top club in Las Vegas, Studio 54 wouldn't be on the top of our list.

About 20 friends and I went to Studio 54 on Tuesday Nov 8 to celebrate a friend's bday. We all work in the industry. We reserved a table area and 3 bottles.

First off I want to give props to DJ P. He is a very awesome DJ and he read the crowd nicely, mixed and timed very well. Ironically, with all the talk on this board about djs using technology, DJ P uses a digital echo/effects machine so I guess he cheats like the rest of us LOL! He also puts "cheat tape" on his vinyl to mark the cue spots (which is fine in my book but some would argue that a "real" vinyl dj doesn't do that either LOL)!

The club was only half full at best and appeared to attract mostly 25 to 45 crowd, who looked like they were tourists.

OK for the hustle part - and this is pretty despicable in my opinion. Our group tipped the waitress 30% of the bill by 2am and someone who claimed he was a manager went up to the birthday girl in our group and complained to her that we didn't tip the waitress enough yet! I don't have names yet, but that is pretty much a guaranteed way to alienate local industry bottle buyers if you ask me. It was probably the most obnoxious hustle I have ever experienced in this town. What's your thoughts on that?

I hate people who complain to the manager about club staff, but this definitely warranted it. 30% is more than ample for a tip at a B level club on an "off" night. It's actually ample for Tao or BE on a Sat. night. I would get names and see what you can do to get them busted.

• 2 weeks later...

This message is for djmasterweb. First I would like to say thank you for your comments on 11/09/05.

DJ P is awesome!!! Happy to here you enjoyed the show. Your written words are five star Industry (just the props).

Sounds like a strange ending to a fun night. I will look into all that.

Let me buy you and your guests two bottles to make up the difference next time you come in. DJ P also plays on Friday if you want to mix it up.

Lots of great changes comming to Studio 54. Come check them out.

Mike Milner

Executive Director

Studio 54/ Tabu/ Teatro

Hi Mike:

Thanks for coming by and responding to my post. It was professional unlike Tabu's Sunday night promoter, Mr. Freeze's version.

I'm not looking for anything (but thanks much for the offer). I will pass along your thoughts to the rest of the people in the group and I'm sure they will appreciate it as well.

I would also love to support and spread the good word on these new developments at Studio. Hopefully our next visit will end as well as it starts :)

DJMW

This message is for djmasterweb. First I would like to say thank you for your comments on 11/09/05.

DJ P is awesome!!! Happy to here you enjoyed the show. Your written words are five star Industry (just the props).

Sounds like a strange ending to a fun night. I will look into all that.

Let me buy you and your guests two bottles to make up the difference next time you come in. DJ P also plays on Friday if you want to mix it up.

Lots of great changes comming to Studio 54. Come check them out.

Mike Milner

Executive Director

Studio 54/ Tabu/ Teatro

Welcome to the board Mike.

l a l a t e

Welcome to the board Mike.

l a l a t e

Dont forget to post this part...

OK for the hustle part - and this is pretty despicable in my opinion. Our group tipped the waitress 30% of the bill by 2am and someone who claimed he was a manager went up to the birthday girl in our group and complained to her that we didn't tip the waitress enough yet! I don't have names yet, but that is pretty much a guaranteed way to alienate local industry bottle buyers if you ask me. It was probably the most obnoxious hustle I have ever experienced in this town. What's your thoughts on that

Hi Mike:

Thanks for coming by and responding to my post. It was professional unlike Tabu's Sunday night promoter, Mr. Freeze's version.

I'm not looking for anything (but thanks much for the offer). I will pass along your thoughts to the rest of the people in the group and I'm sure they will appreciate it as well.

I would also love to support and spread the good word on these new developments at Studio. Hopefully our next visit will end as well as it starts :)

DJMW

OK for the hustle part - and this is pretty despicable in my opinion. Our group tipped the waitress 30% of the bill by 2am and someone who claimed he was a manager went up to the birthday girl in our group and complained to her that we didn't tip the waitress enough yet! I don't have names yet, but that is pretty much a guaranteed way to alienate local industry bottle buyers if you ask me. It was probably the most obnoxious hustle I have ever experienced in this town.

Freeze: Everyone here already knows you can't write or speak English, but now it's obvious you can't understand simple logic either. If this thread is based on the post you keep quoting, what could anyone possibly gain by seeing you repeat the original post over and over again. Are you showing the world that you mastered the art of copy and paste or are you simply so desperate for attention that you will do anything to annoy the fuck out of everyone on this board?