Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hope you didn't miss OPM last weekend!

djmasterweb

As reported in the Circuit:

12.04.05 - OPM reports having enjoyed it's busiest night ever with over 100 bottles sold and a house full of boxers. Jermain Taylor arrived with a face still swollen and cut. Bernard Hopkins had tables reserved but did not show up. Sugar Shane Mosely was the first one into the club, having left the fight early to get there. Antonio Tarver visited and enjoyed 8 bottles of Crystal Champagne with his friends. Also in attendance were boxer Laman Brewster, two-time pro bowler James Hasty, and former San Diego Charger, Natrone "Natrone Bomb" Means, Ed Lover of "Yo MTV Raps", and rapper Yuk Mouth in a chinchilla hat, coat and pants.

And in the Review Journal:

R. Kelly is hosting a pre-Billboard Music Awards party Monday at OPM nightclub at the Forum Shops at Caesars. Damon Dash has a private party at OPM on Tuesday for all the hip-hop Billboard winners after the show, which will air live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Unbeaten middleweight champion Jermain Taylor, arriving with entourage at OPM (Forum Shops at Caesars) after his unan-imous decision over Bernard Hopkins on Saturday at Mandalay Bay. Also there: fellow boxers "Sugar" Shane Mosley, Antonio Tarver, Lamar Brewster, ex-NFLers James Hasty and Natrone Means, MTV's Ed Lover, and rapper Yuk Mouth in a full chinchilla. J. Prince, CEO of Rap-a-Lot Records, and his large entourage were turned away for not meeting the dress code. As he left, he threatened to return and "buy OPM and fire you all!".

As reported in the Circuit:

12.04.05 - OPM reports having enjoyed it's busiest night ever with over 100 bottles sold and a house full of boxers. Jermain Taylor arrived with a face still swollen and cut. Bernard Hopkins had tables reserved but did not show up. Sugar Shane Mosely was the first one into the club, having left the fight early to get there. Antonio Tarver visited and enjoyed 8 bottles of Crystal Champagne with his friends. Also in attendance were boxer Laman Brewster, two-time pro bowler James Hasty, and former San Diego Charger, Natrone "Natrone Bomb" Means, Ed Lover of "Yo MTV Raps", and rapper Yuk Mouth in a chinchilla hat, coat and pants.

And in the Review Journal:

R. Kelly is hosting a pre-Billboard Music Awards party Monday at OPM nightclub at the Forum Shops at Caesars. Damon Dash has a private party at OPM on Tuesday for all the hip-hop Billboard winners after the show, which will air live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Unbeaten middleweight champion Jermain Taylor, arriving with entourage at OPM (Forum Shops at Caesars) after his unan-imous decision over Bernard Hopkins on Saturday at Mandalay Bay. Also there: fellow boxers "Sugar" Shane Mosley, Antonio Tarver, Lamar Brewster, ex-NFLers James Hasty and Natrone Means, MTV's Ed Lover, and rapper Yuk Mouth in a full chinchilla. J. Prince, CEO of Rap-a-Lot Records, and his large entourage were turned away for not meeting the dress code. As he left, he threatened to return and "buy OPM and fire you all!".

Man cant believe i missed this...

100 bottles sold and one dood bought 8 bottles of cris, shit that sounds like the best night ever im the history of clubbing

Yeah the other day I read about the Sixers winning an awesome sold out double overtime win and in the report they mentioned how a rookie from the bench scored 25 points. Also included in the report was a killer slam dunk and somebody shooting 100 percent from the line. And also read that they were giving away logoed towels to everyone who came in. I guess I could reply, oooh can't believe I missed that game, what a game, they gave away a towel, oooh must have been the greatest game of all time - and I'd come off as an obnoxious sarcastic moron.

The moral of the story is that while other newer megaclubs with bottomless marketing pockets continue to shine in the spotlight, it's nice to see a privately owned 2 year old spot attract a lot of celebrities and regulars each and every week. I think the folks at OPM are doing a pretty damn good job. The vibe in that spot is unsurpassed by all these new places opening.

Yeah the other day I read about the Sixers winning an awesome sold out double overtime win and in the report they mentioned how a rookie from the bench scored 25 points. Also included in the report was a killer slam dunk and somebody shooting 100 percent from the line. And also read that they were giving away logoed towels to everyone who came in. I guess I could reply, oooh can't believe I missed that game, what a game, they gave away a towel, oooh must have been the greatest game of all time - and I'd come off as an obnoxious sarcastic moron.

The concepts of going to clubs between you and your conterparts are fckd...

Keep playing records to people who could care less, you sound great. You and Blemberg def have bunk beds.

The concepts of going to clubs between you and your conterparts are fckd...

Keep playing records to people who could care less, you sound great. You and Blemberg def have bunk beds.

That happens to not be my scene either, but look at it this way: if OPM wasn't around, the people who go there would be hanging out somewhere else, like the places I go to. Thank goodness for OPM.