Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who do you see stepping up in the next 5-10 years?

There are a lot of NY DJ's who are getting up there in age (Timmy Regisford, Francois K, Louie Vega, Roger Sanchez, Danny Tenaglia, David Morales, Danny Krivit). Do you really see these guys doing this for another 10 years? If not, who do you think will "fill their shoes" as the big names in the city? I mean, seriously, who could step in for Timmy @ Shelter when he decides he's done? Are these parties going to die?

Alot of those djs are getting up there and have been around since the 80s and even 70s. I know i can speak for the SHELTER part of it when i say STING INTERNATIONAL and QUENTIN HARRIS i think are being groomed to fill in the slot of timmy were to step down. As for the other genres of house its kinda tough to really say.

Good question:

Some hoemgrown talent that really needs to take over this city with their acceptance of different genres, knowledge of the past, and a good direction for the future while having production skills to keep everyone interested:

Joeski

Midnight Society

Quentin Harris

Lunic

Steve Tavolta

Mike Costantini

To name a few of course

I think it says something about the state of affairs when only about 3 people take this semi-seriously.

Also when you look at someof the people who contribute to the pacha threads on here its usually the same group of 5 or so heads that just like being dicks. Sadly this forum has so much trash.