Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Back when CP Meetups were cool

nomembername

its an inferiority complex...u have to prove ur just as good as that i-banker ..so u get this flashy ass car u cant afford...

its idiocy

i would say some people.. but not all... if you wanna drive a bmw so be it..obviously they can afford it if they are paying.. you really cant speak for the whole slew of people..

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sure i can..eastern europeans...definitely...its that mentality..and u cant tell me different...

it stems from communism and when the old party bosses and card carrying members lived lavishly while they ate kupus and krompir for dinner..

i still eat kupus and krompir.. and stereotyping is not very intelligent.. im not saying you are totally wrong but to generalize it like that is wrong..

i know many rich europeans that can afford fancy cars.. they just made it when they got here..

Thats one thing i can never understand about astoria, you walk around and it's row after row of tacky, crapy, ugly apartment buildings but these people drive Mercedes and BMW's and shit..........i just dont get it, but again i think its a foreign thing.

it's a status thing. For the most part, the people that live in crappy places but have NICE cars aren't the educated class of the immigrants, but they want to prove they got the money, so by going and buying this car, you're driving around, showing you have status.

But the educated ones got the nice homes and the nice cars....

it's showing your worth...

it's a status thing. For the most part, the people that live in crappy places but have NICE cars aren't the educated class of the immigrants, but they want to prove they got the money, so by going and buying this car, you're driving around, showing you have status.

But the educated ones got the nice homes and the nice cars....

it's showing your worth...

I see, i see. My GF is a first generation american and the difference between her and her parents is crazy. I guess they are just like you explained......it makes more sense to me know :)

i still eat kupus and krompir.. and stereotyping is not very intelligent.. im not saying you are totally wrong but to generalize it like that is wrong..

i know many rich europeans that can afford fancy cars.. they just made it when they got here..

all stereotypes stem from some truth...and what i posted is absolutely indicative of our peoples mentality...and i generalize all the time..so its not like im doing anything different..

i truly hate our people that have moved to this country..theyre nothing like the ones back home...whenever a serbian/croat/monte/albo person asks me what i am..i tell them im bulgarian

all stereotypes stem from some truth...and what i posted is absolutely indicative of our peoples mentality...and i generalize all the time..so its not like im doing anything different..

i truly hate our people that have moved to this country..theyre nothing like the ones back home...whenever a serbian/croat/monte/albo person asks me what i am..i tell them im bulgarian

so who do you like then???? you dont like America as a country nor do you like the Serbs living in it..

i really have no idea where this is coming from.. i have no problem with any type of people..

you are kinda playa hating here..

the majority of the pack-rat mentality balkanites that proliferate the NYC area were farmers and villagers in the mother country. they never went to school and tilled the fields. now theyve moved here..and as i said before...got that 22.50/hr job so they can afford "stuff"..so their "stuff buying" gets way out of hand..and they all live well above their means...its stupid...and yes maybe i am overly fiscally conservative..but i hate their way of life.

call me a playa hater...but ur not a playa if u and ur 5 cousins and their families share one 2 family house

they either totally shy away from the culture and try to repel everything that is "back home" in order to become "american" or they're stuck in the homeland not wanting to adjust...